R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-26-2004, 02:05 PM   #11371
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Disaster at the track tonight whilst I was testing my 2106 - somehow my crystal came out of my reciever - car went wild - full throttle across the track into the fence *ouch* bent the front part of the chassis up and it seems like the rx unit has died hope the motor is ok, as it was on full revs for about 20 seconds

Motor was excellent when it was running @ 130 Deg C - hot!!!!! but the LSN tuning seems really critical - I eventually had it turned out 1.25 turns and then I could pull away nicely and not have the engine keep cutting out!

Oh man - I'll have to see if I can rescue the chassis some how - it's the 705s 4mm one, so maybe I can bend it back into shape. It's only the very end which is bent up. Are these things fixable?
Sorry about your accident Mark. One good thing is the 710 chassis is a lot cheaper than the Impulse Pros and 705s.

I'm about to lower my engine by grinding the engine mounts by about 1mm. I had some trouble with the Powerstart wheel reaching the flywheel at times over the weekend. Is 1mm seems the amount to grind away from the engine mount legs?
Blue Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #11372
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Sky
Sorry about your accident Mark. One good thing is the 710 chassis is a lot cheaper than the Impulse Pros and 705s.

I'm about to lower my engine by grinding the engine mounts by about 1mm. I had some trouble with the Powerstart wheel reaching the flywheel at times over the weekend. Is 1mm seems the amount to grind away from the engine mount legs?
Unfortunately (or fortunately) it was the 705 chassis
I've had no problems with the powerstart and my 710 - are you using the adapters (the pieces onto which the car sits) which came with the 710 kit?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #11373
Tech Addict

Hudy (I don't know, this is just an example...)seems to be one of those people who have an American car, and he writes a letter to the Import mags. saying how much imports suck and how good American cars are...the real question is why are you reading the import mag in the first place. I hated my old HPI RS4...you don't see me in there talking about it.
jhigga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:45 PM   #11374
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to rwisejr
Lightbulb Re: Re: New gadget

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
I seen someone on ebay selling that thing.
Is it any good.
I should probably just stick with my digital caliper.

If I remember the guy selling this tool said that it would not fit the 710 centax only the 1&2 ?
rwisejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:52 PM   #11375
Suspended

Quote:
Hudy (I don't know, this is just an example...)seems to be one of those people who have an American car, and he writes a letter to the Import mags. saying how much imports suck and how good American cars are...the real question is why are you reading the import mag in the first place. I hated my old HPI RS4...you don't see me in there talking about it.
what is that supposed to mean Im guessing you want to keep the flame war going between this 710 forum and I

have I insulted you in any direct way towards you....no so why are you assuming shit about me when you dont even know me
keep it up youngster
hudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:58 PM   #11376
Tech Regular

Unhappy

Quote:
Disaster at the track tonight whilst I was testing my 2106 - somehow my crystal came out of my reciever - car went wild - full throttle across the track into the fence *ouch* bent the front part of the chassis up and it seems like the rx unit has died hope the motor is ok, as it was on full revs for about 20 seconds

Motor was excellent when it was running @ 130 Deg C - hot!!!!! but the LSN tuning seems really critical - I eventually had it turned out 1.25 turns and then I could pull away nicely and not have the engine keep cutting out!

Oh man - I'll have to see if I can rescue the chassis some how - it's the 705s 4mm one, so maybe I can bend it back into shape. It's only the very end which is bent up. Are these things fixable?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.Man you haven't had any luck with new motors lately huh.Well thats why I love my synthesized units no crystals to fall out. But hope all is well and no severe damage.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:04 PM   #11377
Tech Regular

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by hudy
what is that supposed to mean Im guessing you want to keep the flame war going between this 710 forum and I

have I insulted you in any direct way towards you....no so why are you assuming shit about me when you dont even know me
keep it up youngster

Hudy why are you always ready to go into battle .If you have that much desire to do so go to your nearest recruiter.They can put your aggression to use in Iraq.Otherwise please already give it a rest.The language is unnecessary.What are you 20 -21 ? Stop taking everything to heart.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #11378
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by hudy

keep it up youngster
MODERATOR - Do something about this guy please!!! I'm really loosing my patience with him - we have a really nice forum here and he's spoling it with his childish behaviour!!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:21 PM   #11379
Suspended

what about jhigga15 its ok for him to disrespect me but when I do it in return its not acceptable thats bullshit if you people stay controlled I will stay controlled

faggots
Old 05-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #11380
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New gadget

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
For me, it is as worthless as my past durometer.
1 thing for sure, more headache

BTW, I dont think no team driver was using it.
It only used for basic installation. On track condition, we play with this setting so often to adapt /matching engine power and track condition.
And most of us dont take the engine off to adjust this play.

Is it uncle Sow?
I like the way you express it all in a clear crystal fashion!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #11381
Suspended

please moderator take into consideration what jhigga15 posted in my respect he started it
Old 05-26-2004, 03:23 PM   #11382
Tech Addict

Quote:
Unfortunately (or fortunately) it was the 705 chassis
I've had no problems with the powerstart and my 710 - are you using the adapters (the pieces onto which the car sits) which came with the 710 kit?
My bad...I should have seen it...705 chassis.

On my Powerstart I'm using the adaptor plates that come with the kit. The rubber wheel will hit the flywheel 75% of the time. But at time I just couldn't get it going. Grinding the engine mount should improve the CG too, right?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:24 PM   #11383
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sow! Are you around? Wanted to have a chat.

Cheers, Mark.
I'm in the chat room now. I gues you lost the link again ?

Here bro!

Everyone else welcomed too.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:24 PM   #11384
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rwisejr
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.Man you haven't had any luck with new motors lately huh.Well thats why I love my synthesized units no crystals to fall out. But hope all is well and no severe damage.
rwisejr, what synthesized units are you using with your 3PK? I thought they're not out yet.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:25 PM   #11385
Tech Elite

Quote:

Yes, you can bend it back if its just the front part. No worries, just pay attention to your tweak afterwards.