R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-22-2004, 12:06 AM   #12871
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to MrChan
Default Re: Re: Re: Winternats 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I liked Ray's comment: "Eyes on - eyes off" Pretty much summed up what we saw Great DVD!
I like the cornor before the pit ... A lot of people crashed over there ............

I can not imagine myself If I would be there , How many time I will knock in to it !!
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:14 AM   #12872
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Even with the new chasis, I still have some 0.5-1mm kick up if front, strengthen front belt is making it worst.
I noticed that too. I changed to a new chassis before and noticed that it was not completely flat especially int he middle part where the battery is. This part bends the easiest looking at the amount of material there.

Quote:
After hard impact, usually the notch on the X bracket will broke.
And this will make chasis bend(upward) more.
I had a hard impact before and the plastic notch / tab where the side stiffeners are mounted on to the X bar broke.

But I have not had a hard impact since. The chasis seems to sag and bend on the rear side. Very gradual and the point originaltes from the center of the chassis near where the X bar is mounted on the chassis. But this is after some time of playing and racing. Perhaps it's due to the acceleration force and torque from the engine.

Quote:
In 705, X braket is aluminium so the carbon stiffener is the one that will broke.
I think I'd rather have a side stiffener break than have the chassis bend slightly. Side stiffeners at that angle and plane is very difficult to break unless very hard head on impact. Have you seen the aluminum X bar yet? I'll wait for that one too.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:36 AM   #12873
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
[B]But I have not had a hard impact since. The chasis seems to sag and bend on the rear side. Very gradual and the point originaltes from the center of the chassis near where the X bar is mounted on the chassis. But this is after some time of playing and racing. Perhaps it's due to the acceleration force and torque from the engine.
Ooops.. Im not going into that depth.
Be carefull, you will make LHS having hard time to sell high torque engine..

Quote:

I think I'd rather have a side stiffener break than have the chassis bend slightly. Side stiffeners at that angle and plane is very difficult to break unless very hard head on impact. Have you seen the aluminum X bar yet? I'll wait for that one too.
Im sure that my stock, the side stiffener will having birthday in the store. So many kits out but not one of them buying it.

The X bracket is not out yet, maybe after Holland anvancing through Euro2004 Final.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:42 AM   #12874
Tech Master

Quote:
The chasis seems to sag and bend on the rear side. Very gradual and the point originaltes from the center of the chassis near where the X bar is mounted on the chassis. But this is after some time of playing and racing. Perhaps it's due to the acceleration force and torque from the engine.
Other brand will do the same thing D.. Loosen the top stabz holder screws, press the rear shock tower and re-tighten. That trick works only before you run the car again.. so I do not put much attention on it but I always pay attention on side by side flatness.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:44 AM   #12875
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Other brand will do the same thing D.. Loosen the top stabz holder screws, press the rear shock tower and re-tighten. That trick works only before you run the car again.. so I do not put much attention on it but I always pay attention on side by side flatness.
Furthermore, that is exactly why I mounted the 3racing aluminum things on the rear but does not help much.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:58 AM   #12876
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Be carefull, you will make LHS having hard time to sell high torque engine..
That's the trick to getting people to buy less powerful engines.

Quote:
Im sure that my stock, the side stiffener will having birthday in the store. So many kits out but not one of them buying it.

Quote:
The X bracket is not out yet, maybe after Holland anvancing through Euro2004 Final.
Oh no... That would probably mean there's a high probability that it will never come then !
Old 06-22-2004, 01:32 AM   #12877
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Quote:

But I have not had a hard impact since. The chasis seems to sag and bend on the rear side. Very gradual and the point originaltes from the center of the chassis near where the X bar is mounted on the chassis. But this is after some time of playing and racing. Perhaps it's due to the acceleration force and torque from the engine.
I've always wondered about it. Could the serpent starter box be the culprit ? Take a good look at the chassie when it is being pressed against the starter wheel, the middle part of the chassie slightly bends. This is due to the chassie being pushed down when using serpent type of starter box. Now, take a look at other boxes, like the mugen one, this type of box has a flat part where the chassie actually sits on it and when it is pressed the WHOLE part goes down.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:41 AM   #12878
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm not sure how much I posted here before I went on Holiday, but the FX is wild!!!! I was running at about 85C or 90C and it was faster than the 2106 tuned!!!! This thing is a monster
I've got it running at 100C just before I went on hols and will take it upto 110C when I get back to the track. Not sure what the max temp is on this - with it having ceramic bearings.

Crashed: you done any run-in yet? Have you got the cermic bearing version?

Cheers, Mark.

PS: I will also record the WAV file for you D - do you want a fly past or an idle?
I got the ceramic bearing version with blk coated shaft...but one thing i notice is the sleeves are tight as hell.Damn, i am having trouble cranking it with my hands even with the flywheel attached... Did you come across any problems trying to start it?...I'm really worried i might smoke my starter motors.

Anyways, everything is good to go as soon as i'm back from Joburg...time to kick some ass.

crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:48 AM   #12879
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by redsand
I've always wondered about it. Could the serpent starter box be the culprit ? Take a good look at the chassie when it is being pressed against the starter wheel, the middle part of the chassie slightly bends. This is due to the chassie being pushed down when using serpent type of starter box. Now, take a look at other boxes, like the mugen one, this type of box has a flat part where the chassie actually sits on it and when it is pressed the WHOLE part goes down.
Interesting point! have not tought about it (since I haven`t use the serpent one) but make sense..
Old 06-22-2004, 02:33 AM   #12880
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
I got the ceramic bearing version with blk coated shaft...but one thing i notice is the sleeves are tight as hell.Damn, i am having trouble cranking it with my hands even with the flywheel attached... Did you come across any problems trying to start it?...I'm really worried i might smoke my starter motors.

Anyways, everything is good to go as soon as i'm back from Joburg...time to kick some ass.

Oh yeah, it was a pain-in-the-arse to start! At the track I don't have power to heat up the engine with a hair-dryer, so I used my car's heater to get the engine warm before starting it - then it was ok. Now I can start without any problems of havin to pre-heat.

You shooting Julius' new plane in Jo' ?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 AM   #12881
Tech Fanatic

Mu-ha-ha----my spring steel (front) drivetrain is complete!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im004303.jpg (65.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 06-22-2004, 02:58 AM   #12882
Tech Fanatic

before and after of the spring steel one-way (solid) outdrives
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im004301.jpg (48.0 KB, 93 views)
Old 06-22-2004, 02:58 AM   #12883
Tech Fanatic

spring steel one-way/straight axle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im004303.jpg (65.8 KB, 82 views)
Old 06-22-2004, 03:08 AM   #12884
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by redsand
You might be getting on to something here. I wondered the same thing too since I did not hit anything hard. The funny thing is the bend also starts from the rear end.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:11 AM   #12885
Tech Prophet

Quote:
At the track I don't have power to heat up the engine with a hair-dryer, so I used my car's heater to get the engine warm before starting it - then it was ok.
The guys at the track must be wondering why you carry the 710 into the car.

Quote:
You shooting Julius' new plane in Jo' ?
Julius with a new plane?