R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #12436
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
i just found out that the next race here will be an oval race ( well its more like rectangular race, two long strights, two short, four lefts turns) and I was wondering if someone can give me some set up advice for this kind of race.
Set up like an oval racer ... plus use their wings too !?
Old 06-11-2004, 03:56 PM   #12437
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some testings...

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
But testing is better than theory
Say it loud !
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #12438
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
How do you mean by this? You create holes on the outdrives so that the pin from the dogbones sit in nicely? Any pic?
No, I'm just talking about the pin holes for making the one-way a straight axle. I took the old-style outdrives, cut the shafts shorter, and drilled holes through the shaft...nothing to do with the dogbones.

I tried to take pics, but my camera does not focus well at all that close. Here is a simulated pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outdrives.jpg (17.8 KB, 126 views)
Old 06-11-2004, 07:32 PM   #12439
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Weight imbalance

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue with the S710.

I put my car, ready-to-run, on balancing posts, and found that the car is WAAAAYYYYY heavy on the right side. To compensate and get the tweak out of the car, I had to put a lot of spring preload on the right side shocks (front & rear).

Anyone else find this?
Yes, we discuss this issue on earlier stage.
1st was Mark Green, he put 60 gram on tank (left)side.
My car feels better too with that addition.
Later on we found that its not that imbalanced is making the car tends to pointing 1 direction.
It was unperfect diff that could caused that, especially when diff adjuster bolt is used (IMHO)
Then Julius came up with perfect tweaking methode to compromise that, it is awesome - in the bench.
On track condition ?? different story
(Me+Pyramid realise this later on..)
Can we brake a car when it has a diferent preload (front) shock spring ??
Again, Im starting this issue to gain a health conversation and brainstorming.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:54 PM   #12440
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I use 9550 servos for both steering and throttle so I imagine my weight disctribution would be closer to equal (9550s are lighter than standard servos).
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #12441
Tech Master

cual es un buen body para el s710
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #12442
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
cual es un buen body para el s710
Is it means "dont cry for me argentina?" (j/k)
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #12443
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Is it means "dont cry for me argentina?" (j/k)
close

I meant to say what is a good body to run on the s710

thanks
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:57 AM   #12444
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Understeer on power

Hi,

I'm trying to dial out my understeer problem "on power" . I run on a medium grip track and that has a couple of fast corners after each straight that should taken at full throttle. I could do this when I ran a Kyosho V-One_RR but with the 710 I have to back off before the corner or I'll steer right off the outside of the corner. I'm the only one at our track running the 710.

Any help would be appreciated.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:47 AM   #12445
Tech Adept

Quote:
I have the same problem i bought the universal from 3 racing...but what i did before is you can get ballpen that has a spring and cut the spring in half.. cut to right length and put one in the front one way outdrive to push your dogbones toward the axel shaft or you can also put one spring into the axel shaft so that the dogbone is right in the center between the outdrive and the axel shaft... this can be a simple remedy to it but the universals are better... good luck hope this helped you!!!
Quote:
I have been running my 710 for a while now and never really had that problem. 3Racing dose make universals for the 710 and I think Serpent will have some soon for it also.You can put fuel tubing inside the outdrive cup like BIBOY describe with the ballpoint pen spring to make the dogbone sit in better. Also make sure you have the right Serpent dogbone (#802332) on the 710 and also it's not bent for that may cause it to pop-out on impact.
I did just exactly the same.Ball pen spring,tubing,washers ..no luck.This problem is costing me races.I'm using the optional front ball diff.The outdrive goes in much deeper than front oneway which made matters worse.I was thinking the hudy universal but I've just order 3racing universal from rc-mushroom anyway.Just wonderin how tough they are as GlenCauley stated.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 06:23 AM   #12446
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Hi B4
Which track in oz do you run at? I have found that my car didn't respond very well with the default roll centre settings ,car would just push threw all corners , i have made the front arms angle more by removing the spacers and also shortened rear arm (moved top arm from inner hole to outer hole) It all comes down to trying different things
cheers mick

Last edited by Slippery; 06-14-2004 at 04:15 AM.
Slippery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:47 AM   #12447
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

Quote:
Originally posted by Zizu
I did just exactly the same.Ball pen spring,tubing,washers ..no luck.This problem is costing me races.I'm using the optional front ball diff.The outdrive goes in much deeper than front oneway which made matters worse.I was thinking the hudy universal but I've just order 3racing universal from rc-mushroom anyway.Just wonderin how tough they are as GlenCauley stated.
I too had the same problem last night in practice. I guess I will also order the 3Racing universals since I have no interest in searching the track for dogbones. I never hit anything, it was a 180degree turn and it popped. I cannot understand why Serpent would not aleast give you the option to run universals to save some people this headache. I understand some people do not have this problem but from what I have read some do. Should I run my front track width at 195mm?
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:26 AM   #12448
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
I too had the same problem last night in practice. I guess I will also order the 3Racing universals since I have no interest in searching the track for dogbones. I never hit anything, it was a 180degree turn and it popped. I cannot understand why Serpent would not aleast give you the option to run universals to save some people this headache. I understand some people do not have this problem but from what I have read some do. Should I run my front track width at 195mm?
hey kevin try the fw-05r (Just kidding guys!!! )
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:22 AM   #12449
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
Here is a good tip. Tie a cable tie around part of the wishbone (a good size loop) and feed another one through it and around the dogbone so the pins cant get through but it doesnt bind. Any time a bone pops it wont go anywhere. Been using this system for years and it hasnt failed yet.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 11:38 AM   #12450
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Here is a good tip. Tie a cable tie around part of the wishbone (a good size loop) and feed another one through it and around the dogbone so the pins cant get through but it doesnt bind. Any time a bone pops it wont go anywhere. Been using this system for years and it hasnt failed yet.
Honestly I can afford to buy another dogbone but I can't afford to not finish a race when it pops out. Thanks for the idea though. I just dont see the sense in running this car if I can't keep it on the track. There has to be a way, maybe universals are the answer, I guess I need to try and see.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote