R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2005, 07:21 PM   #21631
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28
ok thanks again Pyramid any other store selling these items aside from Harmony Model i know they sell Serpent parts cause i bought some Serpent 710 parts from them last December
In Hong Kong? Both Harmony and Wing Jet model are the biggest serpent dealer in Hong Kong... of course without counting World Model as the Asia distributor which you can go direct if don't mine paying retail.. What you are looking for is already widely available..
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:14 AM   #21632
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid
In Hong Kong? Both Harmony and Wing Jet model are the biggest serpent dealer in Hong Kong... of course without counting World Model as the Asia distributor which you can go direct if don't mine paying retail.. What you are looking for is already widely available..
Pyramid,

Would you be so kind as to post the URL for Wing Jet Model.

Simon
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 AM   #21633
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid
In Hong Kong? Both Harmony and Wing Jet model are the biggest serpent dealer in Hong Kong... of course without counting World Model as the Asia distributor which you can go direct if don't mine paying retail.. What you are looking for is already widely available..
ok thanks will try wing jet model already asked world model but they have minimum order requirement for first time customers and a little bit expensive if i will add it all up
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #21634
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4
Pyramid,

Would you be so kind as to post the URL for Wing Jet Model.

Simon
I do not recall they have one.. try hongkong threads, maybe someone could help you out with their phone numbers. I believe they dont do emails either.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #21635
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid
I do not recall they have one.. try hongkong threads, maybe someone could help you out with their phone numbers. I believe they dont do emails either.
OK
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #21636
Tech Adept
 
gfd2726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: S.CA
Posts: 206
Send a message via AIM to gfd2726
Default

Hi guys,

I am planning on upgrading my stock composite shocks to aluminium shocks. Can anyone tell me what's the best shock/spring for this car and what company make them? Thank you!
gfd2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 AM   #21637
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd2726
Hi guys,

I am planning on upgrading my stock composite shocks to aluminium shocks. Can anyone tell me what's the best shock/spring for this car and what company make them? Thank you!
I think the only choice for you is the products from Serepent unless you can find the one from East.
it will be better to use one from Serpent.
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:50 AM   #21638
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 314
Default Tweak with new Team Chassis

Hi!

Ive just converted my 710 to the new team chassis. After the assembly Ive recognized a slight front/back wobble when the chassis sits on the Hudy board w/o wheels. Ive released the radio deck and the front and rear suspension and it turned out that the radio deck bents the alu chassis a little bit. When the radio deck is loosened, the chassis sits flat on th Hudy board.
Is there someting I can do about it, or is it nothing I need to be concerned about?


Many thanks in advance!
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:28 AM   #21639
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi!

Ive just converted my 710 to the new team chassis. After the assembly Ive recognized a slight front/back wobble when the chassis sits on the Hudy board w/o wheels. Ive released the radio deck and the front and rear suspension and it turned out that the radio deck bents the alu chassis a little bit. When the radio deck is loosened, the chassis sits flat on th Hudy board.
Is there someting I can do about it, or is it nothing I need to be concerned about?


Many thanks in advance!

What type of X-brace are you using.. i heard the plastic and the alu differ in size... so the chassis will bend if one of both is smaller...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:58 AM   #21640
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi!

Ive just converted my 710 to the new team chassis. After the assembly Ive recognized a slight front/back wobble when the chassis sits on the Hudy board w/o wheels.
Even if you got it straight when brand new, it will still tweak/wobble between front and back after, let's say, 1 hour of use. NOT between right and left! which is not a good sign.

They way you screw down both top deck and all the bulkheads (serpent called it bearing blocks) also effect how straight your chassis will be when they are new.

Some also tought the way the starter box design will bent the chassis on use.

It happens to all other brand car using aluminum chassis.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:19 AM   #21641
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

How do you assemble the car for the most strait chassis then?

And how to notice if the chassis is not strait anymore?
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:47 AM   #21642
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

First of all, the brand new chassis is not always dead flat when you put on top of glass. Slight variations occur in between production process. But after things being put together, it would tend to straight up to the point of the other construction position. I found the most important is when you bold on those 4 upperdeck screws... bolting on while they are on top of flat glass is prefferable. Moreover, try to hold down the front and rear end of the car (by pushing its shock tower perhaps) would help to make sure everyting is on its flat/prefferable position when the top deck being mounted. Things like, instaled the bulhead first then the shock tower before placing the upperdeck would helps either. All things we screws in will tend to move right ways as we always turns the screws clockwise.. so things like holding the parts and giving the force to the other end (counter clockwise) have become common sense to me.

... but at the end about the chassis, as I mentioned before.. after you use it for a little while, it will not dead flat anymore when being place on top of flat glass/mirror again. It will still have tendecy to bent in between front and rear part (beside the bending generated buy worn chassis). Funny thing is, without having to have the L carbon stiffener brace (where the belt tensioner are) 'fully installed', it tend to bent less.

This matters become bit worst on more annoying on EP correct Daniz24? (I'm sure you are reading this threads also )

Last edited by Pyramid; 06-08-2005 at 05:00 AM.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 AM   #21643
Tech Adept
 
gfd2726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: S.CA
Posts: 206
Send a message via AIM to gfd2726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
I think the only choice for you is the products from Serepent unless you can find the one from East.
it will be better to use one from Serpent.
Thank you. Do you know which online stores (that has the best price) carry them? Thank you.
gfd2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #21644
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid
First of all, the brand new chassis is not always dead flat when you put on top of glass. Slight variations occur in between production process. But after things being put together, it would tend to straight up to the point of the other construction position. I found the most important is when you bold on those 4 upperdeck screws... bolting on while they are on top of flat glass is prefferable. Moreover, try to hold down the front and rear end of the car (by pushing its shock tower perhaps) would help to make sure everyting is on its flat/prefferable position when the top deck being mounted. Things like, instaled the bulhead first then the shock tower before placing the upperdeck would helps either. All things we screws in will tend to move right ways as we always turns the screws clockwise.. so things like holding the parts and giving the force to the other end (counter clockwise) have become common sense to me.

... but at the end about the chassis, as I mentioned before.. after you use it for a little while, it will not dead flat anymore when being place on top of flat glass/mirror again. It will still have tendecy to bent in between front and rear part (beside the bending generated buy worn chassis). Funny thing is, without having to have the L carbon stiffener brace (where the belt tensioner are) 'fully installed', it tend to bent less.

This matters become bit worst on more annoying on EP correct Daniz24? (I'm sure you are reading this threads also )

Will the improper mounting of the upper deck (and other things) result in tweak in the chassis?
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #21645
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Take a look at section 4.3 in the FAQ - Julius describes a better front and rear assembly method there - including the correct sequence of tightening the screws.

Cheers, MArk.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net