R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #21646
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid
This matters become bit worst on more annoying on EP correct Daniz24? (I'm sure you are reading this threads also )
Hey hey hey, I have to start turning on the invisible mode from now
Btw, you have a good point about some starter box design
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #21647
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Take a look at section 4.3 in the FAQ - Julius describes a better front and rear assembly method there - including the correct sequence of tightening the screws.

Cheers, MArk.

Thanks!

Currently my chassis is being checked to see if it strait... i'll try the next time i assemble the car
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #21648
Shop Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 426
Default Serpent 710 parts

We just add a lot genuine serpent parts. Also, check out the specials on OS TZ and NovaRossi RR12 series engines
toro_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #21649
Tech Fanatic
 
alucard13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 946
Default

I'm gone for a couple weeks and everything changes.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #21650
Tech Regular
 
fmolzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 467
Default

Woha !!! What happens, a guy decides to focus on F1 racing for a couple of months, and when I return to the homeland I start to see discussions about team chassis etc... Markp, give me the rundown of what is going on for new cool stuff with the 710. Basically everything from winternats and forward please?
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #21651
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolzer
Woha !!! What happens, a guy decides to focus on F1 racing for a couple of months, and when I return to the homeland I start to see discussions about team chassis etc... Markp, give me the rundown of what is going on for new cool stuff with the 710. Basically everything from winternats and forward please?
Hey Fredrik - keep your eye on the ball, man!!!

Here's the new chassis:


This is a very nice tuning aid - lowers the centre of gravity and gives quite a bit of stability to the car.

New CVDs:



These are very nice, too - the drive shaft diameters are 0.5mm larger than the dog bones and the pins are also bigger, reducing the amount of slop between the drive shafts and the diff outputs.

So at the winternats, you car won't traction roll and you can't loose any more dog bones.

Other than that, you can leave your car the way it is from this years winternats.

You booked your flight yet?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #21652
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Oooops!!! Almost forgot.....new Alu 21T side pulley - brilliant!!! This will be perfect for the long right-hand sweeper at the nats. I find on power, then car really can now stay tight in the corner, whereas with the 22T standard pulley, the car drifts out a bit.

Here's an article from Julius about the 21T Pulley
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #21653
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 978
Default

Two things about the new CVDs.

1 DONT'T replace the pins with the 3mm ones from serpent. They will crack the ball end of the shaft. For the adventurers: you could try to enlarge the hole so a 3mm one fits snugly.

2 Do lube the cvd side often. I take the cvd apart and grease them after each day of running. That will make sure they last a long time.

I'll try and look into the rplacement pins but the pin is slightly smaller diameter than 3mm. Could be an inches size.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #21654
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
Two things about the new CVDs.

1 DONT'T replace the pins with the 3mm ones from serpent. They will crack the ball end of the shaft. For the adventurers: you could try to enlarge the hole so a 3mm one fits snugly.

2 Do lube the cvd side often. I take the cvd apart and grease them after each day of running. That will make sure they last a long time.

I'll try and look into the rplacement pins but the pin is slightly smaller diameter than 3mm. Could be an inches size.
What lube/grease do you recommend for the CVD?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #21655
Tech Regular
 
fmolzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 467
Default

Thanks for the updates. Any chance these itmes would be included if you buy a new 710 kit? I am thinking mine is getting slowly worn out and it would be time for a new kit anyway...
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:49 AM   #21656
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Hey Fredrik - keep your eye on the ball, man!!!

Here's the new chassis:


This is a very nice tuning aid - lowers the centre of gravity and gives quite a bit of stability to the car.

New CVDs:



These are very nice, too - the drive shaft diameters are 0.5mm larger than the dog bones and the pins are also bigger, reducing the amount of slop between the drive shafts and the diff outputs.

So at the winternats, you car won't traction roll and you can't loose any more dog bones.

Other than that, you can leave your car the way it is from this years winternats.

You booked your flight yet?

Cheers, Mark.
Mark: where did you buy those Serpent CVD's thanks
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:50 AM   #21657
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
What lube/grease do you recommend for the CVD?
Prob. the ball bearing lube from serpent itself.... i use the stuff for nearly everything
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:50 AM   #21658
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
What lube/grease do you recommend for the CVD?
Any light greas will do. I use a stuff called Tri-Flow which is teflon based. I've had that stuff for years though so I don't know if it is still out there.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:52 AM   #21659
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Prob. the ball bearing lube from serpent itself.... i use the stuff for nearly everything
Some of our drivers indeed use the bearing oil. Putting a drop on the cvd's after a few runs, and cleaning at the end of the day (or before finals).
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:10 AM   #21660
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Hi Julius,

will that new pulley fit on a Mugen MTX3 shaft (6mm ID)
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:06 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net