R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2005, 09:55 PM   #20131
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only a Floridian would mistake a seashell for a rock. Out west we call a rock a ROCK if the top of it is over 10,000 feet!

The highest point in Florida is Britton Hill, Lakewood Park
in Walton County and is only 345 feet above sea level. ...

We have sand dunes in Death Valley that are taller.

But I grant you, we don't have the Winter Nats!!

Hmmm, very interesting... I thought the highest point in Fla. was the 45th st. bridge over the intercoastal.

If that's your definition of a "rock" then you are correct, there are no rocks in Fla.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:16 AM   #20132
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only a Floridian would mistake a seashell for a rock. Out west we call a rock a ROCK if the top of it is over 10,000 feet!

The highest point in Florida is Britton Hill, Lakewood Park
in Walton County and is only 345 feet above sea level. ...

We have sand dunes in Death Valley that are taller.

But I grant you, we don't have the Winter Nats!!
Aha - those rocks - we have some of those things here, too
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:24 PM   #20133
Tech Regular
 
JustRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 339
Default Re: shock towers,

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
francis and john,
thanks a lot for the support of building the shock towers. i did get about 5 guys who wanted to proceed, but to tell you the truth, i am getting a bit tired of trying to talk people into taking advantage of a great deal. so at this point, i am going to cancel this project. but if you guys get the people, i will get back into it. so far, it has been more of a headache than what its worth.
Joe....I'll give Ravi a call to see if he's interested. I'm sure there are a couple of guys on here that could be interested.

Surely we could get ten guys to buy 70 pieces. Email me at [email protected] and let me know who's in.
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #20134
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

JustRace, well done with that really fine performance at the WinterNats.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:29 PM   #20135
Tech Regular
 
JustRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
JustRace, well done with that really fine performance at the WinterNats.
Sow...thanks. Qualifying went well. The main was a difference story. The problem was with traction rolling. I actually broke the car during warmup when I traction rolled. It was then I realized that I didn't prepare my tires properly. Anyhow it was a fun week and got to meet up with several guys on the forum. Mark had a great pit area. I should have pulled up a chair and bum a little spot on his table
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #20136
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

is anybody interested in buying my brand new s710?
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #20137
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Sow...thanks. Qualifying went well. The main was a difference story. The problem was with traction rolling. I actually broke the car during warmup when I traction rolled. It was then I realized that I didn't prepare my tires properly. Anyhow it was a fun week and got to meet up with several guys on the forum. Mark had a great pit area. I should have pulled up a chair and bum a little spot on his table
Francis - you should have said something, the table opposite me was unoccupied - then you would have had Michael S., Richard Kuer, Renne C, etc right next to you
If you call Ravi, say hi from me - he was the coolest guy at the race! Tell him to get some stickers made up, so I can put them on my car for next year
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:47 PM   #20138
Tech Elite
 
ntc3freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 3,308
Default IS THIS A GOOD CAR???

guys,i am really interested in this car.looks awesome.but i need to know is it a really good car???and should u guys reccomend on me buying it???
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #20139
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: IS THIS A GOOD CAR???

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
guys,i am really interested in this car.looks awesome.but i need to know is it a really good car???and should u guys reccomend on me buying it???
I couldn't recommend the 710 highly enough - for me it is the perfect car. It is quick out of the box and responds well to setup changes - it has never thrown up a nasty surprise on changing something.

Working on the car is also very easy - the diff can be tuned in a second and if you break something, the parts are changed in the blink of an eye. I ripped of the left-hand side of my car at the Winternats just a few minutes before my qualifying session. I replaced the parts within 10 mins and made the session with time to spare.

After almost a year of having my original 710 - non of the parts have worn out - and I've taken this car apart a lot!

The only additional items you need ontop of that which you get in the kit are the new servo saver, the thicker rear sway bays and the newer two part diff riing.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #20140
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: TEXAS. USA
Posts: 1,219
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: IS THIS A GOOD CAR???

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
guys,i am really interested in this car.looks awesome.but i need to know is it a really good car???and should u guys reccomend on me buying it???
It seems that everyone is jumping on the Serpent Bandwagon after Worlds '04' and the WinterNats............

I would say to you ntc3freak.........
If you're getting beaten by a Serpent 710......... GET ONE if not don't bother stick with the car you have now. It's all about what sutes your driving style.


PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:10 PM   #20141
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default New Nose Job



InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #20142
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: New Nose Job

TC or Lolita?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:15 PM   #20143
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: New Nose Job

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
TC or Lolita?
Loletta / Lola bodies on 1/10 are for woozies...

Well, I used the above with a Salon TC shell last weekend. I needed to trim that bumper a little and mount the front part of the bodyshell lower so that it goes under the body.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:18 PM   #20144
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: IS THIS A GOOD CAR???

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
guys,i am really interested in this car.looks awesome.but i need to know is it a really good car???and should u guys reccomend on me buying it???
like any other in this tread, I highly recommand 710 for its quality and performances all arround.

My 710 went into numerous crush (my driving sucks) nearly everytime i drive. I can always back into track within 20 minutes or less. it is the best car on the maintainance side. so easy to work on. I get really spoilded and felt that all other car is just hard.
the quality of the part is just the best, no other word. after a year of crushes, I only got a minor slop on the rear upper right arm. in my "serious crash test" it only break what should be broken in the crash without damage any other unrelated part.
710 is one of the best car out there, if parts supply is not a problem, it is the best car for the price, best quality, good design and a champion out of the box

Last edited by Car Breaker; 02-20-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #20145
Tech Elite
 
ntc3freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 3,308
Default Re: Re: IS THIS A GOOD CAR???

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I couldn't recommend the 710 highly enough - for me it is the perfect car. It is quick out of the box and responds well to setup changes - it has never thrown up a nasty surprise on changing something.

Working on the car is also very easy - the diff can be tuned in a second and if you break something, the parts are changed in the blink of an eye. I ripped of the left-hand side of my car at the Winternats just a few minutes before my qualifying session. I replaced the parts within 10 mins and made the session with time to spare.

After almost a year of having my original 710 - non of the parts have worn out - and I've taken this car apart a lot!

The only additional items you need ontop of that which you get in the kit are the new servo saver, the thicker rear sway bays and the newer two part diff riing.

Cheers, Mark.


nice.hope to get one.i just want to try a different car.is it good out of the box???and what option parts u reccomend???thanks mark
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net