R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2004, 04:11 AM   #18631
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
Me too. Mebbe a purple and green with pink dots will look good on your shell...
Remember that when he comes beggin' you to paint his shell.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:39 AM   #18632
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I'm salivating from your teaser about the layout but not so sure about the bumps thing. Perhaps the organizers wanted to simulate what it was like to race in Brazil? Or maybe someone out there is trying to prove a point in that a bumpy layout may just give the RRR's an advantage?
Ummm, don't see any RRRs around here practising... Perhaps I need to look harder but most who run Kyosho run the FW05R.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:51 AM   #18633
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
You said you were running the alfa 2.1
On lower grip tracks you may want to try running a stratus 2.1
I feel the stratus 2.1 especially good in going into medium to fast corners. You may lose a little in the tighter parts. But it is very neutral wich helps in lower grip situations.
Thanks Julius / D for your Advice
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:04 AM   #18634
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, don't see any RRRs around here practising... Perhaps I need to look harder but most who run Kyosho run the FW05R.
Really? Trust the folks in KL to be different eh? "World Champ car? Huh! who needs that!"

__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:33 AM   #18635
Tech Elite
 
spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SydNeeeeY
Posts: 4,559
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Split into two how? Pictures?

Its probably wear and tear ... confirm by looking at the pieces ...
uncle sow I dont have a digital camera lar, I think its worn out. I will let D and crash see it first.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:58 AM   #18636
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by spawn
uncle sow I dont have a digital camera lar, I think its worn out. I will let D and crash see it first.
Oh sorry.

Yes, let D and Crashed see it. I think D is right, it must be worn out for it to break.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:39 PM   #18637
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default BRCA 2005 Rules

If you intend to race in the BRCA Nationals next year, the 2005 Rules Amendments for 235mm, Scale Rubber and 200mm Scale Touring classes is now available at 3hobby.com for download.

__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:25 AM   #18638
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

Sup guys havent been on here for quite some time. Got a question. You know the lifting method to see if the car is tweaked by lifting the center rear or front of the car? Well I put a mark on the threaded shocks so that I know both front and rear shocks are getting the same compression(or ride height). But why is it that in the manual it tells you to adjust the spring rate diagonal from where the tire lifts off first? If I were to do this then one of the shocks will have a higher ride height than the other side so that would mean the car would still be tweaked Example: If the left rear wheel lifts off first then you are suppose to make the front right shock tighter which would throw of the front shocks because one of them will have a more compressed spring(higher ride height). Sorry if you dont understand, had a long day and my grammar is getting worse. LOL
__________________
2014 and 2015 BD7 Black Series, Yokomo RPX ESC- Yokomo 4.5T Motor
Yokomo B-MAX4 III Factory Team Kit, Muchmore ESC- LRP 6.5T Motor
Mugen MBX7R Eco- 2200 KV Motor
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:43 AM   #18639
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
Sup guys havent been on here for quite some time. Got a question. You know the lifting method to see if the car is tweaked by lifting the center rear or front of the car? Well I put a mark on the threaded shocks so that I know both front and rear shocks are getting the same compression(or ride height). But why is it that in the manual it tells you to adjust the spring rate diagonal from where the tire lifts off first? If I were to do this then one of the shocks will have a higher ride height than the other side so that would mean the car would still be tweaked Example: If the left rear wheel lifts off first then you are suppose to make the front right shock tighter which would throw of the front shocks because one of them will have a more compressed spring(higher ride height). Sorry if you dont understand, had a long day and my grammar is getting worse. LOL
Hey! Long time no "see" ...

Tweak ... that confusing topic again. We all sort of decided here that the manual's method is not quite right ...

You need to find MarkP27's post and then download the 710FAQ from his signature in the post.

Otherwise go here and download.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:02 AM   #18640
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
Example: If the left rear wheel lifts off first then you are suppose to make the front right shock tighter which would throw of the front shocks because one of them will have a more compressed spring(higher ride height). Sorry if you dont understand, had a long day and my grammar is getting worse. LOL
I believe according to the manual and trying to solve your problem example, it says that you need to make the front right shock tighter (increase preload) and at the SAME time the left front shock looser (decrease preload) to maintain same ride height.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:06 AM   #18641
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Tweak ... that confusing topic again. We all sort of decided here that the manual's method is not quite right ...
Onkel Sow, the manual is not right?

I think the FAQ acts as a supplement to further complement, improve and make easy the manuals method of tweaking.

Speaking of the FAQ, I think it's time to revise it seeing some new option parts surfaced. I think a section on bodyshells is also timely.

Wake up Mark and steer away from the RRR !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:16 AM   #18642
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Onkel Sow, the manual is not right?

I think the FAQ acts as a supplement to further complement, improve and make easy the manuals method of tweaking.

Speaking of the FAQ, I think it's time to revise it seeing some new option parts surfaced. I think a section on bodyshells is also timely.

Wake up Mark and steer away from the RRR !
Huh, what, I was having a nice sleep there!!!
I nearly updated the FAQ the other week, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not - no one seems to read it these days
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:27 AM   #18643
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Onkel Sow, the manual is not right?

I think the FAQ acts as a supplement to further complement, improve and make easy the manuals method of tweaking.

Speaking of the FAQ, I think it's time to revise it seeing some new option parts surfaced. I think a section on bodyshells is also timely.

Wake up Mark and steer away from the RRR !
Well, I was typing in a rush after seeing that I had emails waiting.

What I should have said is the following :-

"If you want to be really fussy like D, download the 710 FAQ and then do your chassis tweak the D-way as detailed in section 6.14.4!"
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:27 AM   #18644
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Huh, what, I was having a nice sleep there!!!
I nearly updated the FAQ the other week, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not - no one seems to read it these days
Oh c'mon bro, I read it every night before going to bed. Beats counting sheep I tell ya!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:29 AM   #18645
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Huh, what, I was having a nice sleep there!!!
Sorry to wake you up on your early siesta !

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I nearly updated the FAQ the other week, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not - no one seems to read it these days
What? Nobody reads it? I read it every day. Part of a mantra kinda thing for the prophet !

No more lowsy excuses ! Back to work... On the 710 please.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net