R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-15-2003, 07:57 AM   #1666
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Thaasman
Yeah if i had one allready, can't afford one now i bought the 710
I hope julius can give me some answers about the reciever protector..
I'm using the one that comes with the futuba 3vc
you can see it in one of the pictures too..
My first reaction is the receiver is the wron way around.
The wires (connectors) should point inward. There is space between the throttle servo and the receiver to put excess wire etc.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:41 AM   #1667
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
but i have i MICRO reciever...
How small must it be
Hi Thaasman !

You are not alone. I got some e-mails about the placement of the receiver.
So I made a photo of my radioplate. The plugs and the crystal should look to the inside of the car. The wires you can lay down between the tank and the servo. On my radioplate I have an extra short cable for the pers. transponder. I use no switch. My connection plug to the battery is mounted on the top of the steering servo.
The problem with the receiver you use is, that the plugís and the crystal are not on the same place. I donít think you can put the receiver like I did. For sure you have tried that. Sorry, bud a cover will not fit with your receiver.
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:01 AM   #1668
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Flexi Shock Mount/Rear Gearbox cover

I looked at 2 710 tonite....is it me...or is it part of the design feature that the top of the rear gearbox flexes when you twist the rear shock tower (not using too much force neither).

Are we looking at another HPI Pro 3 flexibe design???? I almost parted with my money until I saw this.......
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #1669
Tech Regular

Default Rx mount

Dang,

and I just bought 2 new futaba PCM Rx:s tfor my 710 to be, looks like they will not fit.... First person to come up with a mod that fits the Rx AND offers protection from side impacts, please post here.
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:17 AM   #1670
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
Hi Thaasman !

You are not alone. I got some e-mails about the placement of the receiver.
So I made a photo of my radioplate. The plugs and the crystal should look to the inside of the car. The wires you can lay down between the tank and the servo. On my radioplate I have an extra short cable for the pers. transponder. I use no switch. My connection plug to the battery is mounted on the top of the steering servo.
The problem with the receiver you use is, that the plugís and the crystal are not on the same place. I donít think you can put the receiver like I did. For sure you have tried that. Sorry, bud a cover will not fit with your receiver.
Yup that's the problem, if the crystal and the connectors are on the same side there would be no problem, and cutting on the cover will not fix it either because there is still the throtle servo
But thanks for the reply and the pics
Thaasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #1671
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Rx mount

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Dang,

and I just bought 2 new futaba PCM Rx:s tfor my 710 to be, looks like they will not fit.... First person to come up with a mod that fits the Rx AND offers protection from side impacts, please post here.
It seems to be that you can only use the protector if you'r crystal and wires are all on the same side....
Old 12-15-2003, 10:24 AM   #1672
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Flexi Shock Mount/Rear Gearbox cover

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
I looked at 2 710 tonite....is it me...or is it part of the design feature that the top of the rear gearbox flexes when you twist the rear shock tower (not using too much force neither).

Are we looking at another HPI Pro 3 flexibe design???? I almost parted with my money until I saw this.......
Can you be a bit more clear on this, because i don't understand that well
Old 12-15-2003, 10:36 AM   #1673
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
So I made a photo of my radioplate.
Hey Rene, you have your own car and Julius doesn't?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:39 AM   #1674
Tech Apprentice

Now the thing is: at my impulse(and i think with the 705 too) the reciever is mounted between the tank and the exaust..
So it was always "protected"
Now with the 710 the reciever is mounted on the otherside and if you have a reciever like me and you can't use the protector it isn't protected at all! And i mean really NOT at all.
So it's a pretty scary tought if you have a side impact...

See what i mean....................................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00824.jpg (147.9 KB, 138 views)
Old 12-15-2003, 10:40 AM   #1675
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Rx mount

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Dang,

If what Thaasman says it's true that the protector can only be used if the crystal and wires are all on the same side, then the 3PK PCM and HRS receivers should be OK...

Just checked my receivers and indeed that the wires and the crystals are on the same side. I guess I have to get my own 710 to find out !
Old 12-15-2003, 10:43 AM   #1676
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Flexi Shock Mount/Rear Gearbox cover

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

I guess you hold the chassis down and with the other hand tried to pull the shock tower backward or twist it.

That force is never on the shock tower. What you are doing does not happen during driving so it is not an issue.

I have never seen the HPI car you mention so I don't know what the problem with that car is.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:43 AM   #1677
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
My first reaction is the receiver is the wron way around.
The wires (connectors) should point inward. There is space between the throttle servo and the receiver to put excess wire etc.
Thanks for the reply julius, but like rene said, my reciever has the crystal and the wires not at the same side so there will always be one of them in the way
Old 12-15-2003, 10:45 AM   #1678
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Now the thing is: at my impulse(and i think with the 705 too) the reciever is mounted between the tank and the exaust..
So it was always "protected"
In certain ways, I like the 705 receive replacement better. A good balance of accessibility and protection. The Impulse PRO receiver placement was good but it was difficult to access the crystal. Not to mention certain people had problems with glitches due to the placement of the receiver.

My opinion? I don't like the placement of the receiver on the 710. Just like I do not like the placement of the receiver on the MTX-3 and V1RR EVO. My 2 cents.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #1679
Tech Regular

Quote:
Something like this?
awesome!!

now, is there any possibility you would be able to explain how this active toe-in works?
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #1680
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for the reply julius, but like rene said, my reciever has the crystal and the wires not at the same side so there will always be one of them in the way
You might try making a slot where the crystal fits through so you can mount it with the wires to the inside of the car?