Attached Files
Old 03-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default text file

Kenny- YGPM
Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

You da Man Kenny!!!

I dont care what Ross says about ya... Yer al right..

Miss the sun and the BEST TRACK IN THE USA

CONFIRMED!!!!!

I WILL be at the truck Nats... SO Kenny hold me a pit spot.. or better yet a RV SPot ( I Hope)

See ya soon AZ racers

Stav
Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lynch-YGPM
Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks ever so much for posting the mains results up, i have been hunting for those. Everyone only wants to post the A mains where the majority of drivers weren't.

I had a blast at the Nitro CHallenge, it was a little annoying though to travel five and half hours (Let's discount the 30, 000 miles or so from the UK) go through 3 qualifyers over a few days and have my final interupted by a computer crash. A couple of us got it in the ass from the restart from the pit lane. I was on someones tail i had been catching for 3 or 4 laps, all of a sudden they had a couple of seconds, same happened to another guy wth i know there... i daresay we weren't the only ones. Why it wasn't a restart i don't know, maybe taking into account the top 2 guys leads.

To start from the pit lane giving everyone a gap for a short period of time was messy. They may as well have just called the race over rather than have some people gain and some lose out.

Still, had a blast all week. Expensive yes, worth it, yes. I guess someone has been complaining... sure Joey must make money, i hope so. He runs a business, spent a lot of time and effort with the other guys to make the track and run a big, big race. None of the stuff needed to make a track comes cheap in the first place, someone has to pay for it.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
My main concern was the Pit wagon not serving hot dogs at Nitro Challenge until 11 I was hungry damn it.
Shame you didn't smell and track down our morning cook ups...

Next time you are invited to share our morning hot dogs at our RV spot.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Papago,

Thanks for all the info. I'll be out at Speedworld tonight and plan on taking a peak at the NitroPit. I hope to land a buggy or truggy within a month or so. I currently have a xxx nt with an .18 tz. Is this little guy powerful enough to clear the stuff out there? I haven't seen any 1/10th scale pics so I'm assuming it's not.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

1/10 is raced at the Pit, its just that there has not been anyone showing up to race the class. It and Monster Truck have really died off here in AZ.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Papago_RC_Racew
1/10 is raced at the Pit, its just that there has not been anyone showing up to race the class. It and Monster Truck have really died off here in AZ.
I'm not surprised with MT. That never should have been a class for racing. But 1/10 GT is great. Nitro fun with 1/4 of the cost of running 1/8. Sure buggy and truggy is fun, but god damn does it get expensive. But hey, it's faster and "more fun". And the great thing about racing. It doesn't matter how much you charge, people will still pay it. ( this is off previous post's about entry cost's)

Just wait to you start racing 1:1 I know many of you have, and those who haven't are usually the ones who are complaining.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IanWright
Thanks ever so much for posting the mains results up, i have been hunting for those. Everyone only wants to post the A mains where the majority of drivers weren't.

I had a blast at the Nitro CHallenge, it was a little annoying though to travel five and half hours (Let's discount the 30, 000 miles or so from the UK) go through 3 qualifyers over a few days and have my final interupted by a computer crash. A couple of us got it in the ass from the restart from the pit lane. I was on someones tail i had been catching for 3 or 4 laps, all of a sudden they had a couple of seconds, same happened to another guy wth i know there... i daresay we weren't the only ones. Why it wasn't a restart i don't know, maybe taking into account the top 2 guys leads.

To start from the pit lane giving everyone a gap for a short period of time was messy. They may as well have just called the race over rather than have some people gain and some lose out.

Still, had a blast all week. Expensive yes, worth it, yes. I guess someone has been complaining... sure Joey must make money, i hope so. He runs a business, spent a lot of time and effort with the other guys to make the track and run a big, big race. None of the stuff needed to make a track comes cheap in the first place, someone has to pay for it.

We now have a second loop and timing system so this should not happen again at our big races.

We are sorry that that happened to you and others..

Last edited by carkingaz; 03-08-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

We're still trying to find out what the computer glitch was. Doug with RC Scoring pro has the file and is looking things over.

The top two had big gaps on the field when the system went down, we restarted at that point to make sure the right people bumped up. No flame outs in the last couple minutes so things finished where they started, for the most part.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

wayne can you call me please? 602 418 3846

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.