Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Now who has shims?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
Now who has shims?
A-Main! most any shop that carries engine parts.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Nice work on the pictures and especially the video Aaron!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

I want to say thank you to everyone that put all the effort into re-doing he track, it was very challenging and fun.

Special thanks to Todd (I did not meet you) for the jumper cables at the end of the night, my buddies battery in his car had it's last hoorah that night and quit. Thanks you very much to the lady(don't remember her name) that helped us out.

Sorry to Kenny about my inablity to marshal on my back to back races, I will let you know next time when I am racing two classes. I came solo and had to ask people to pit for me. The guy who was pitting for me when you were calling me numerous times did not even know my name so he had no idea who you were talking about.

Thanks also to the marshall in the back right corner that fixed whatever was wrong with my Revo DURING the main. I don't know what you did to it, but it fixed whatever had been ailing me during the race.

I had great time and look forward to doing it again soon, nice job guys!!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Glad you had a good time Craig! Let me know up front next time and I'll give you space between your races.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
Glad you had a good time Craig! Let me know up front next time and I'll give you space between your races.
Thanks again Kenny
Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking New Layout

Cool track, I cannot wait to get down there, SOOON!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hi

To rollmeover that was my wife shannon . the nice guy was kelly lugo that is just what you get when you come out to the nitro pit good people good time that will stay with you. hope you come out and have many more good time's . from willcall
Old 08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AZwaterboy
To rollmeover that was my wife shannon . the nice guy was kelly lugo that is just what you get when you come out to the nitro pit good people good time that will stay with you. hope you come out and have many more good time's . from willcall
Please give Shannon my thanks!!
Thanks for fixin me up Kelly if you are there, see ya'll again real soon!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

So what did everyone think of the track?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
So what did everyone think of the track?

my first run on the track was not that good and I was feeling like the layout did not flow. but after a few more times on the track I got the hang of it and I can now say that it is a great layout.. this layout will bring the best out of people and will definitely make people a better driver.. it also will change up strategies on pitting since the lap times are now going to be in the low-mid 40's.. I do not see us ever hitting the 39 sec. lap times so that will play a big part on when to pit... my favorite section will have to be the Woops, I was loving it when I would just pull full throttle and almost clear the whole WOOP section.. on a scale between 1-10 I give this layout an 8.5 and that is not bad since I gave the Nitro Challenge layout a 9.5
Old 08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

By my 2nd Heat I was loving the track, I was getting the roller coaster section down and I only crashed in it twice. Its my favorite part of the track besides the berm at the end of the straight. Braaaap, rarely hitting the brakes at the end of the straight.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

OK, as many may know I have had constant engine issues since buying my
8ight. So much that I went back to 1/10th electric so I could have fun racing again. Here is the problem. I reset all needle settings to the factory settings as told to me by OS. Keep in mind this is very rich. I fire it up and after warming up a bit do the pinch test. I adjust the low end until the engine dies 3 seconds after piching the fuel tube leading to the carb. This was about 2 1/2 hours to the lean side. I now run the car. High end seemed a little rich so I leaned it gradually. Ended up going anout 2 hours to the lean side. Car seemed to be running much better at this point until..... once the engine was good and warm, if I stopped the car and let it idle, the RPM at idle would jump way up. I made sure it was not radio/servo/glitches by holding the carb closed with my finger and the idle would still jump up. If I would blip the throttle the idle would come back down for a second and the jump up again. The engine was sealed but could this be an air leak? When the idle jumps up it is consistant, not up and down. WTF? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ron
Old 08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZDemille
OK, as many may know I have had constant engine issues since buying my
8ight. So much that I went back to 1/10th electric so I could have fun racing again. Here is the problem. I reset all needle settings to the factory settings as told to me by OS. Keep in mind this is very rich. I fire it up and after warming up a bit do the pinch test. I adjust the low end until the engine dies 3 seconds after piching the fuel tube leading to the carb. This was about 2 1/2 hours to the lean side. I now run the car. High end seemed a little rich so I leaned it gradually. Ended up going anout 2 hours to the lean side. Car seemed to be running much better at this point until..... once the engine was good and warm, if I stopped the car and let it idle, the RPM at idle would jump way up. I made sure it was not radio/servo/glitches by holding the carb closed with my finger and the idle would still jump up. If I would blip the throttle the idle would come back down for a second and the jump up again. The engine was sealed but could this be an air leak? When the idle jumps up it is consistant, not up and down. WTF? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ron
Ron give me a call 602-509-5538 Maybe i can help out.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I mentioned on the Phoenix Racing forum that RB products has an excellent carb tuning article on their website

www.rbproducts.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.