Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs nats

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Speaking of the nats, does anyone know what the practice schedule will be that week? If memory serves last year it was Friday practice only. I am making the trip after a three year absence. I am also accepting orders for bodies for F1 if anyone is interested. Will also take orders for bodies for the IIC race as well
It should be the same as last year thursday and friday practice,no power till friday and also table and chairs on friday.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hay Tom and Steve we need a Mary for our Peter Paul and Mary cover band for the nats so you two will need to brush up on Puff the Magic Dragon and then we will take a vote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by packafterpack..
Hay Tom and Steve we need a Mary for our Peter Paul and Mary cover band for the nats so you two will need to brush up on Puff the Magic Dragon and then we will take a vote

i vote for steve. i think he'd look alot better in a moo-moo than tom.

nah, wait a minute..... upon further review -- tommy-boy, you'd do the moo-moo with way more dignity. i change my vote.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Guys.

I was just wondering if there is a special class like last year's nationals in this years Nats .....Porsche GT4 class....... Just thought that I can go buy the shell and spray it....
Old 07-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Dressing up for the Nats

Originally Posted by Doc
i vote for steve. i think he'd look alot better in a moo-moo than tom.

nah, wait a minute..... upon further review -- tommy-boy, you'd do the moo-moo with way more dignity. i change my vote.
Two questions, Doc: wig? Heels?
Old 07-24-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Whether the Nats have class

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Hi Guys.

I was just wondering if there is a special class like last year's nationals in this years Nats .....Porsche GT4 class....... Just thought that I can go buy the shell and spray it....
Probably no special class like you're thinking. Last year, the "GT4" class was for the then-new FF03, and the Porsche body was a mandate because we all could get it and run the same body. FF will probably be a class, but with FF-legal bodies, no Porsches. So unless Fred wants to have a spiffy new class just to showcase the TA06 (bloody unlikely, since it's legal for GT1 and 2) or Tamiya have an upcoming new car we don't even know about yet, probably no special classes as such. Just the usual classes.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Chez Maxepower

What a nice day we all had today Max. Thank you, completely. Great weather, BBQ Brats, good buddies, fun practice...life just doesn't get better than this! Most of the "Chinese connection" was there, Chuck and Steve from San Diego, Doc from half-way across country...we knew Tommy couldn't be here, but where was Orlando? Probably eat'n watermelon and enjoying F1...
Which I hope ya'all remembered to record and have watched by now. Great race. F1 has finally gotten interesting again!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great TCS event hosted today by The Coliseum in Frederick, MD. Cool inside, high bite asphalt surface, and plenty of happy Tamiya racers.

Big shout out to Richard Benjamin (owner) for hosting, Casey Castleman for the race directing, Ed Z and Dave Banks for the tech work, and to all who attended.

Casey Young- GT1 winner
Denmark- F1 winner (2nd largest class)
Austin Vacek- GT2 Winner
Doc Mertes- Mini winner (largest class)
Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Sunday FUN!

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
What a nice day we all had today Max. Thank you, completely. Great weather, BBQ Brats, good buddies, fun practice...life just doesn't get better than this! Most of the "Chinese connection" was there, Chuck and Steve from San Diego, Doc from half-way across country...we knew Tommy couldn't be here, but where was Orlando? Probably eat'n watermelon and enjoying F1...
Which I hope ya'all remembered to record and have watched by now. Great race. F1 has finally gotten interesting again!
Your welcome Craig, it was perfect weatherfor good food and drink and racing!
Unfortunately Tom our Master BBQ chef wasn't available so we had to settle for 2nd best!
Don't tell me who won F1 I'm still watching it!
As long as the weather holds up Grillin and Racin will continue!
Max
Old 07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Thanks to Max and crew for a great sunny day out at Tamiya...

Loved the Hot dogs and Brawts....
Old 07-25-2011, 04:56 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here you go gentlemen. There should be no suprises here =)
The same information here is on our website.

7/25/11
TCS North American Finals announcements:

The 2011 TCS North American Finals are coming up on August 27-28. Based on class participation in the 2011 season (using all the regional races, INCLUDING the rain out Tamiya America event, but EXCLUDING the final regional race at Galaxy Hobbies due to the proximity of the TCS North American Finals) the 2011 Trip winning classes are: Mini, GT-2 and F-1.

The breakdown in class participation for 2011:

• Mini (31.65%)
• GT-2 (17.62%)
• F-1 (16.31%)
• GT-1 (15.01%)
• FWD (10.93%)
• Spec Novice (8.48%)

The 2011 TCS North America Finals will be run in almost the exact same format as the 2010 event. The Drivers manual will be uploaded shortly on the TCS website.

Important Notes:
• A spec battery will be announced in the upcoming manual for the trip winning classes. The same 540-J motor rules for the trip winning classes will be used as in 2010.
• The classes that will be run for the 2011 event are: Mini, GT-2, F1, GT-1, FWD and Spec.
• FWD (FF-03 cars only) will be an open class to all current TCS racers and former TCS National champions for the best of the best showdown. TCS Regional Seasonal Rules apply.
• All other class rules and regulations are the same as the regular season race events.
• Practice days for the event are August 25-26 (Thursday-Friday) 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
• Tables, chairs and power will be supplied starting early Friday morning.
• Speedtech R/C will be the official “on-site” hobby store during the TCS North American Finals.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TCS-gods really hate me.. Good luck at Nats guys
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Cool

I know since i am a past champ i dont have to much say on what we should run, but i think its sad that the one class that requires the most DRIVING SKILL and not MOTOR TUNNING SKILL (GT-1) is not a class to go to japan. Every class going this year are all silver can. If you dont know what your doing with that motor you will never be in contention. if we were not allowed to do any motor tuning than maybe i would understand a little more. And all of you out there that say Silver can is fare, don't lie to yourselves you know that its always the one with the fastest motor during the race that has the highest chance of winning and that most of the time does win. When i was in japan they had 3 classes during the worlds. MINI, GT-2, and GT-1. GT-1 was considered the highest class there. When the GT-1 awards were presented they made a huge deal of the winner, not to say they didn't care about the mini and GT-2 winners but we all saw how much more they made a big deal of GT-1. if GT-1 is the highest looked at class during the worlds why isn't it a class that will send us to the worlds. This is the second year in a row that GT-1 isnt a national class. And even though you can say F1 is more popular than GT-1, its by 1%. im curious to see what class is more popular on the west coast, where more than 1% of the national turn out comes from. All i know is that the last fun race, less than a month ago. GT-1 was the most popular class.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini master
I know since i am a past champ i dont have to much say on what we should run, but i think its sad that the one class that requires the most DRIVING SKILL and not MOTOR TUNNING SKILL (GT-1) is not a class to go to japan. Every class going this year are all silver can. If you dont know what your doing with that motor you will never be in contention. if we were not allowed to do any motor tuning than maybe i would understand a little more. And all of you out there that say Silver can is fare, don't lie to yourselves you know that its always the one with the fastest motor during the race that has the highest chance of winning and that most of the time does win. When i was in japan they had 3 classes during the worlds. MINI, GT-2, and GT-1. GT-1 was considered the highest class there. When the GT-1 awards were presented they made a huge deal of the winner, not to say they didn't care about the mini and GT-2 winners but we all saw how much more they made a big deal of GT-1. if GT-1 is the highest looked at class during the worlds why isn't it a class that will send us to the worlds. This is the second year in a row that GT-1 isnt a national class. And even though you can say F1 is more popular than GT-1, its by 1%. im curious to see what class is more popular on the west coast, where more than 1% of the national turn out comes from. All i know is that the last fun race, less than a month ago. GT-1 was the most popular class.
Well said. I totally agree
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I think the biggest issue here is that many racers who want the chance to compete in the Japan trip class are excluded because they did not run either GT2, mini, or F1. I think if the decision was made from the beginning of the year as to which are the Japan classes, we will see the statistics on the different class shift dramatically.

It is too bad that we will see the exclusion of some top skill level TCS racers not representing the USA team because they did not race in the Japan class…..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.