Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-21-2011, 10:37 AM
  #15826  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

HotLinks anyone?
OSherman is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
  #15827  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'll also bring a few Four Lokos
rtypec is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
  #15828  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rtypec
I'll also bring a few Four Lokos
WaterMelon please..
OSherman is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 PM
  #15829  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Granpa's car clearly had max power

Originally Posted by maxepower
Craig,
I'm getting tired of always be the brides maid and never the bride in the enduro races. Talk about bad luck, we truly had a great handling car all day, even on bald tires the car was hooked up, once we changed tire by one battery change the tires came in and the car was stupid fast!
Unfortunately, the racing gremlin put the electronic mojo on our deans connector and we were out of getting to the podium. Maybe someday we will be in the top three. Sometimes a little bit of the luck of the Irish can go a long way, in order to win a 6 hour race.
Thanks for the nice note, Max. Do you suppose that your connector got too hot and got the solder to liquify? Also wondering if your tires came in so well after the tire change because of Granpa's work there.
Craiggy, sorry for the rotten luck, you'll nail them next time. Just wish I was there to hit Kevin's car when he's leading.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 PM
  #15830  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Thanks for the nice note, Max. Do you suppose that your connector got too hot and got the solder to liquify? Also wondering if your tires came in so well after the tire change because of Granpa's work there.
Craiggy, sorry for the rotten luck, you'll nail them next time. Just wish I was there to hit Kevin's car when he's leading.
Tom,
Kinda sucks reading all the Aliso banter and being on the right side of the mississippi, don't it?
414MPH is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:55 PM
  #15831  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Thanks for the nice note, Max. Do you suppose that your connector got too hot and got the solder to liquify? Also wondering if your tires came in so well after the tire change because of Granpa's work there.
Craiggy, sorry for the rotten luck, you'll nail them next time. Just wish I was there to hit Kevin's car when he's leading.
When you heading back to the Left Coast ? TQ round #5 is this weekend. Nemo has his Sakura FWD he wants to bring out and play against our Tamiyas.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 AM
  #15832  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,783
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

So what seems to be the hot rubber tire for the f104 at tamiya usa? Does the F104W kit tire work well?

Do we know if the F104X will be legal for nationals?

Mark
mtveten is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
  #15833  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,203
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mtveten
So what seems to be the hot rubber tire for the f104 at tamiya usa? Does the F104W kit tire work well?

Do we know if the F104X will be legal for nationals?

Mark
I don't have much faith in the F104W tire working anywhere. If they were decent, it would be nothing but F104W cars. My car pushed like a dump truck....
robk is online now  
Old 07-22-2011, 06:21 PM
  #15834  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SUNDAY CHECKLIST!

Originally Posted by rtypec
I'm in...I'll bring potato wedges. How many pounds shall I pick up? As a reference, I brought 3 last time.
Rod loves those wedgies!
Pounds? You brought plenty last time and I think we only finished half.

So, I can bring ice like last time and I'll bring some turkey dogs!
There was a couple of non beef eaters last time!
Grandpa,
All you mentioned sounds fine, just don't bring too much, I think Mark is going to bring some dogs and buns also!

Craig,
Go ahead and brings some sodas is good!

Orlando,
Hot links sound great and if you want to bring anything else go for it!
Watermelon will be good also, it's suppose to be hot this Sunday!

Looks like Sunday is going to be another fun DAY!
maxepower is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:04 PM
  #15835  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond,Va
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
Rod loves those wedgies!
Pounds? You brought plenty last time and I think we only finished half.

So, I can bring ice like last time and I'll bring some turkey dogs!
There was a couple of non beef eaters last time!
Grandpa,
All you mentioned sounds fine, just don't bring too much, I think Mark is going to bring some dogs and buns also!

Craig,
Go ahead and brings some sodas is good!

Orlando,
Hot links sound great and if you want to bring anything else go for it!
Watermelon will be good also, it's suppose to be hot this Sunday!


Looks like Sunday is going to be another fun DAY!
Max,
Maybe you can get Mark and Kevin and Granpa (The Christy Hinkley Minstrials) and sing Trinny Lopez's Greatest Hits on the guitar with flowers in your hair also on Sunday? Great Male Bonding activity?
I know Bruce would be all over that?
Boy, If I could only be there!
hickmeister is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 PM
  #15836  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool ?

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Max,
Maybe you can get Mark and Kevin and Granpa (The Christy Hinkley Minstrials) and sing Trinny Lopez's Greatest Hits on the guitar with flowers in your hair also on Sunday? Great Male Bonding activity?
I know Bruce would be all over that?
Boy, If I could only be there!
............

WHY YOU HATIN DOG?
maxepower is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 08:29 AM
  #15837  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond,Va
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
............

WHY YOU HATIN DOG?
Max,
All kidding aside here, I guess I wish I could be out there tomorrow for the Cookout!
I will see you guys in a couple of weeks for some more testing leading up to the Nats.
F1 Baby! I hope this is a class that goes to Japan?
Steve.
hickmeister is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:11 AM
  #15838  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Max,
All kidding aside here, I guess I wish I could be out there tomorrow for the Cookout!
I will see you guys in a couple of weeks for some more testing leading up to the Nats.
F1 Baby! I hope this is a class that goes to Japan?
Steve.
Speaking of the nats, does anyone know what the practice schedule will be that week? If memory serves last year it was Friday practice only. I am making the trip after a three year absence. I am also accepting orders for bodies for F1 if anyone is interested. Will also take orders for bodies for the IIC race as well
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 01:02 PM
  #15839  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Mississippi never sucks

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Tom,
Kinda sucks reading all the Aliso banter and being on the right side of the mississippi, don't it?
Only thing I miss, brother, is running with everybody. I do love this side of the Father of Waters, though. Hope you and Paulie are well.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM
  #15840  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default The New Hinckley Minstrels, in concert

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Max,
Maybe you can get Mark and Kevin and Granpa (The Christy Hinkley Minstrials) and sing Trinny Lopez's Greatest Hits on the guitar with flowers in your hair also on Sunday? Great Male Bonding activity?
I know Bruce would be all over that?
Boy, If I could only be there!
Now it REALLY sounds like I'm missing a big deal on Sunday. I understand that the New Hinckley Minstrels' version of Macho Man, with Max singing lead, is a show-stopper, and that Mark's falsetto on their version of the old Starland Vocal Band's theme song Afternoon Delight brings tears to the eye the way he used to while singing "Danny Boy" on the drivers stand before a Mini heat.
Everybody have a great time and stay cool and comfortable. I hope to be back from the Great Sweaty Northeast next Saturday for my lessons.
Tom Slick is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.