Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GregAnthony
Anyone on here coming to Larry's in Michigan on 3/10? If so, what classes?
I signed up for GT Pro Spec and F1.. I just built up a F104pro2.. gonna take a lot of work to get it dialed in for carpet..
GregAnthony likes this.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scionara05
My sons novice car is pretty much a prospec car. You are allowed any esc and can set the car up like a prospec car. U can even gear it faster then the stock 70x20 gear. I have his at 68x27 now and he blows the doors off my prospec car. His is pretty much a tt02r with top adjustable arms.
I know.. it’s kinda odd that the rules allow novice cars have less restrictions.. I am sure I mentioned it before.. the Reedy 21.5 motor is not a good match for a TT02 with stock gearing.. why not use Tamiya motors?!? stick in a RZ and go nuts 😎
Old 02-29-2024, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LordSchnert
I know.. it’s kinda odd that the rules allow novice cars have less restrictions.. I am sure I mentioned it before.. the Reedy 21.5 motor is not a good match for a TT02 with stock gearing.. why not use Tamiya motors?!? stick in a RZ and go nuts 😎
Yep, the torque tune has higher top end than the Reedy FT 21.5. 😂

That Tamiya RZ motor is pretty darn fast.... has crazy amount of torque, can push tall gears with ease.
dougk likes this.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Pro Spec and F104 are both looking good for next weeks race at Larry’s Performance RC.. if any of the locals are looking at this thread.. will the track be open Friday/Saturday for practice?
Old 03-05-2024, 06:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cars are ready for coming Sunday.. we’ll see about the driver..
lbckevin, jiml, angrymelon and 3 others like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tam51399 and tam51400
what are the compounds or shores for the tires. Trying to find information on them but can find any.
Old 03-12-2024, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey all, I am looking into participating in my first TCS this May. I have a TT02r with all Tamiya stuff to include universals, upgraded steering rack, metal suspension balls, and TRF shocks. Electronics are 540 silver can, 1060 speedo, Protek 140 servo and a Sanwa 493 receiver. I plan in racing in the GT Spec Novice class as I haven't turned a wheel in anger before. My car seems legal per the rules so that's good but I have a few questions. First, would a 5000mah NIMH pack work for this class or should I pick up a lipo? If Lipo, what size would best work with the car as far as balance and weight etc? Is there a body set that works best for racing or is it a matter of trying to avoid the ones with large heave wings and dingle berries? Lastly, do they hand out tires or make you run a spec or does what comes in the kits good to go?
Old 03-12-2024, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LordSchnert
I signed up for GT Pro Spec and F1.. I just built up a F104pro2.. gonna take a lot of work to get it dialed in for carpet..

DUTCH!!! good to see you this weekend! the F1 was looking good for being a new build.
Old 03-12-2024, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Larry's Post race report:

Novice - 8
Euro Truck - 12
M-Chassis - 10
ProSpec - 25
F1 - 8
GT-E - 7
GT2 - 11

https://rcscoringpro.com/events/20959/

A great day with some close racing!
Team Wenz likes this.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rinskie
Hey all, I am looking into participating in my first TCS this May. I have a TT02r with all Tamiya stuff to include universals, upgraded steering rack, metal suspension balls, and TRF shocks. Electronics are 540 silver can, 1060 speedo, Protek 140 servo and a Sanwa 493 receiver. I plan in racing in the GT Spec Novice class as I haven't turned a wheel in anger before. My car seems legal per the rules so that's good but I have a few questions. First, would a 5000mah NIMH pack work for this class or should I pick up a lipo? If Lipo, what size would best work with the car as far as balance and weight etc? Is there a body set that works best for racing or is it a matter of trying to avoid the ones with large heave wings and dingle berries? Lastly, do they hand out tires or make you run a spec or does what comes in the kits good to go?

Lipo is a safe bet 4000mah is just fine.
The 1060 is an ok speedo but if u can get the 1080 it's a bit better for settings and amp draw.
gearing with the stock motor u can go low like 64x29 with a fan on it.
body if u can get the rakiri get that if not something aero is the next best thing.
​​thin.weight isn't a big deal but a shorty lipo would help keep the car light this way u can move the weight around as needed.
the stick plastic shocks are good enough no need for shiny blue trf ones just use the kit with stock oil.
Hope this helps
River19 likes this.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GregAnthony
DUTCH!!! good to see you this weekend! the F1 was looking good for being a new build.
I had a ton of fun, I am gonna be practicing with these two cars.. so I can kick some butt at the bigdog TCS race in June! also.. I don’t think I’ll forget my multi-focals.. so I can actually see the back straight.. that should help 😎

Last edited by LordSchnert; 03-15-2024 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rinskie
If you are new to racing on a track, don’t worry about speed, worry about not crashing first.. Spec Novice seems a bit of a strange class to me.. in last weekends race the winner in Spec Novice would have finished in the top 10 for Pro Spec so please adjust your expectations accordingly.. as for tires in Spec Novice you are can run any Tamiya 24/26mm tires.. check with the track to see what they recommend..
Rinskie likes this.