Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
Spec.... last and often considered the least

My son is suffering the pan of youthful impatience.

Good job with all the videos. It is very much appreciated.
No, it was because it was a single A-Main. The only reason that GT2 was done before GT4 was because, frankly, I wanted to see my main.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

GT4 A3 is rendering now, should be up in the next few hours.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
O, I have gotten the VW GTI Cup car body to work on the FF; just ask Cuda, who shagged my a--all around the TA track this weekend. Of course, I'll admit I did lower it--a bit. Let me know if you want photos. Meanwhile, I'll bring out the ol' Renault Clio this coming wknd for a little more dial-in, and see if I can make FF03S work like FF01S used to. It used to make me emotionally...erect.
Originally Posted by maxepower
Do we all have to run front wheel drive bodies. This past weekend Steve had a Altezza body on his FF03 that fit perfectly, and the stock wing is the iceing on the cake. Why can't we run rear wheel drive bodies, if they fit?

Just my 2$
I have experience with the the VW GTICup and the Porsche... BIG difference between the two.. Wing helps a ton.. As does Lower CG (Body Mass/Height)..

I see nothing wrong with running Sedan/GT RacingBodies on the FWD Cars.. but a Sedan body with any type of 'substantial' wing will out-handle the true-shoebox FWD bodies.. InjectionMolded plastic wings shouldnt make too much stink..

Look at the mini-class bodies... all different types of bodies.. none have a substantial aero styling which dominates.. very close racing in that class with all the bodies available..
Old 09-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default plastic, not just for OC housewives

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
O, I have gotten the VW GTI Cup car body to work on the FF; just ask Cuda, who shagged my a--all around the TA track this weekend. .
If you do ask me, these FF03 things are super fun and easy to drive.

Mine seems to be handling well with the Civic kit body.
(not my favorite tho but not sure what I like better for this class)
Heck, last Saturday I was running absolutely box stock except for springs and the super dialed blue motor plate I received with it as prize swag.

Box stock meaning, plastic oil filled shocks and the kit non belted rubber/nylon tires and it was actually gettin around on some pretty tight lines.

Tires got destroyed in four runs, rotating them front to back and side to side (like a cholo, c'mon it's in the song!) to evenly share the abuse to all four of em.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

GT3 A3.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Only one more..whew! Spec is rendering now, it'll be up before I leave.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Honda Civic GTR for FF03... YES PLEASE!!... A nice contender to the SRX4..

Dumpster, consider it sold!!
Here you go - New Honda Body for FF03
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tamiya-jas-motorsprot-honda-civic-type-r-r3.jpg  
Old 09-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Here you go - New Honda Body for FF03
interesting.. looks excellent..

thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

And finally...

Drumroll please...

The Final Final of the 2010 TCS North American Finals...

Without further adieu, the Spec Novice A-Main!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the videos Gary...

I enjoeyed watching them.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Do we all have to run front wheel drive bodies. This past weekend Steve had a Altezza body on his FF03 that fit perfectly, and the stock wing is the iceing on the cake. Why can't we run rear wheel drive bodies, if they fit?

Just my 2$
The whole idea of running FWD cars is to run fwd bodies. Any of the standard bodies will fit the long wheelbase FF03 and yes, that huge "stock" Lexan high downforce rear wing on the Altezza would look very nice and work very well on any car. If a rwd Altezza is okay to use, then a rwd NSX body with high downforce wing fits too. See where this is headed ? If FF03 becomes the new GT-3 class, it should be with fwd body only and stock plastic kit wing only, no adding hop-up wings. Hopefully this will, like mini, open up the class to more than just a one body class.

Gary - awesome job on the videos. All the hard work is appreciated by many racers !
Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The whole idea of running FWD cars is to run fwd bodies.

If FF03 becomes the new GT-3 class, it should be with fwd body only and stock plastic kit wing only, no adding hop-up wings. Hopefully this will, like mini, open up the class to more than just a one body class.

Gary - awesome job on the videos. All the hard work is appreciated by many racers !
If this is the case, gonna need to see some of the cool bodies available.

So far, not a huge fan of the FWD bodies.

How bout some of those examples.

Personally, don't have a problem with other bodies. Wings could still be kit wings and not goofy Lexan ones tho.
The Porsche Cup wasn't too bad was it?
Let's pull back on the rules some, already hard enough to get onroaders to the tracks.

Not a bad idea to have the cars look real.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Anyways any tips for running on carpet including setups would be greatly appreciated.
Contact ERIC WIPPLER, he is a past champ and won 2010 Omaha and Trackside races which were on carpet.

He might be reading this thread or BP SHADOW might help you in the contact process.

Thanks Gary for the Videos.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink Carpet SET_UP in Shizuoka,Japan

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Anyways any tips for running on carpet including setups would be greatly appreciated. I know Dillon and Mike cant help me out there.
Dude,
Michael has the set-up for carpet in Japan. It just took one of the Japan past champions to literally set the car up for him and all he had to do was drive! Use his set-up and your mini will be dialed for carpet.

Hey,
When you get there just ask where the Blue Light district is in Shizuoka and in Tokyo not too far from the Tamiya Factory retail store is just a couple of blocks away! Don't ask how I know this, lets just say I just accidentally found it!
Just my 2$
P.S.
If you find yourself in the Rising Sun Guisza House, just as for the Mt. Fuji Special and you won't be sorry!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah wipplers mini handles like a freakin 12th scale car on carpet
and i think but for misunderstanding his track position in the mains, he damn near won the worlds when he went. just send him your car and some cash, and hang on rudy
Originally Posted by A-Ko
Contact ERIC WIPPLER, he is a past champ and won 2010 Omaha and Trackside races which were on carpet.

He might be reading this thread or BP SHADOW might help you in the contact process.

Thanks Gary for the Videos.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Having seen Whippler's car run, it's not like any other mini car. He definitely has something special going on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.