R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2004, 02:59 PM   #11836
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BIBOY
Post Re: 3 racing

Quote:
Like most folks here will tell you, 3 Racing product quality is questionable, especially the metallic ones.
i have fully hopped up my 710 mostly on the metal parts in the bearing blocks and shocktower holder etc .. i just made sure that what change in the made it balance from front the rear of the car... mostly what i changed is to strengthen the car.. all i could say is that it made my car more stable and very much planted on the straights and and corners....
Reds Racing Engines
Rctarget
BIBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #11837
Tech Fanatic

spring steel diff halves, please!
Old 06-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #11838
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: 3 racing

Quote:
Originally posted by BIBOY
i have fully hopped up my 710 mostly on the metal parts in the bearing blocks and shocktower holder etc .. i just made sure that what change in the made it balance from front the rear of the car... mostly what i changed is to strengthen the car.. all i could say is that it made my car more stable and very much planted on the straights and and corners....
OK, I was making an assumption (wrongly I now realise) that people would understand from that statement to mean the rotating/moving metal parts made by 3-Racing. The other weak one I've seen is the carrying handle (or roll-v\over bar). I think it was Glenn that experienced instant breakage on first or second impact.

The solid parts to replace bulkheads and that sort will probably last a lifetime.

I think you may be right in that your car could be more planted (depending on setting) with all those Al parts due to the added weight.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:22 PM   #11839
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
spring steel diff halves, please!
You mean the outdrives? Hudy will have to start seeing a fall-off in M18 kit sales before even looking at making more Serpent hop-ups I think. someone here said they're not going to make anymore spring-steel products for Serpent.

I think Serpent can find their own source for spring steel but apparently the Hudy ones are unique (or patented material).
Old 06-02-2004, 04:37 PM   #11840
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BIBOY
Default Re: 3 racing

Quote:
I think you may be right in that your car could be more planted (depending on setting) with all those Al parts due to the added weight.
i just tried to spread the weight evenly so that its proportional to weight of the motor in the back in effect there are more metal in front than the back wich also strengthen the front for some misshaps... I love it! so far my car been performing great specially when i got 16t pinion on it. its really nice on the track!! even my fellow racers like the car saying its stable... il post some pics of the car so that you guys can see what i did on it....
Reds Racing Engines
Rctarget

Last edited by BIBOY; 06-02-2004 at 05:17 PM.
BIBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #11841
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red shoe

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
I'm sure the are still OK, no sign of cracked of chipped teeth. Just being harder to drive
Pyramid....did you try to cut the flyweights and use only one set screw? Also, are you cutting the flyweights or you using the clutch shoe?
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:00 PM   #11842
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red shoe

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Pyramid....did you try to cut the flyweights and use only one set screw? Also, are you cutting the flyweights or you using the clutch shoe?
It looks like the weights were from the clutch shoes and was mounted in the middle of the flywheel post. When you do this, you either put one set screw in the middle of the flyweight or 2 set screws on each side of the flyweight to balance up. From the pic, it looks like 2 set screws were used on each flyweight.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:02 PM   #11843
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Red shoe

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Pyramid, you find that with this kind of power/punch that your belts last?
I found on mine it does the same. Especially if the track is bumpy and if you use very limited droop in the front. I must say that the belts and pulleys are very durable for the things we do to it.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #11844
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by mariochi
Internally is worked on the sleeve externally and on the crankshaft as the fantini but it seems to me that the shaft is worked more radically in M.R.
Cool. I assume the crank timing window on the crankshaft is different too?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #11845
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
Seems like everyone on that driver's stand was using stick controllers.
Oh yes ! They predominantly use stick controllers most in the EU.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:06 PM   #11846
Tech Regular

to all serpent 710 boys im running this weekend on 180ft straight away,anybody can tell me what is the best gearing,Thanks'
Old 06-02-2004, 08:07 PM   #11847
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Like Glenn said....

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie M
Finally raced my new 710 on last Saturday. The car running very well and I end up TQ for the day WOO HOO . I did not break anything all day but the 3-Racing ui broke alone with the steering block when I tab the board and flip over during the main.... Sadly that ended my main
Congrats on the TQ run. Sorry for the main. I guess for rotating and moving parts, 3 Racing is a no no.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #11848
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Like Glenn said....

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Unfortunately I've got a 3 Racing titanium front shaft, I'm going to swallow my pride and install it. The carbon stuff looks good though.
Don't worry about the shafts. They are pretty durable. That's one exception about 3 Racing on rotating and moving parts. I have the main 2 speed shaft in and I'm pretty satisfied. Crashed_1 has been using the front and main shaft too from 3 Racing and I have not heard any complains yet. Believe me if he complained, I would be the first to know !
Old 06-02-2004, 08:13 PM   #11849
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by serpentpro28
to all serpent 710 boys im running this weekend on 180ft straight away,anybody can tell me what is the best gearing,Thanks'
The 710 has a pretty much tall gear ratio then other nitro cars so you may want to try the stock gearing at first then go from there. Also what motor you are running will make a factor on gear ratio to go with.
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:33 PM   #11850
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red shoe

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Hi, I have not tried the one set screw and yes it is the flyweights that I cut, not the shoes. Actually, I was making them just like what I THOUGHT Mr. Glenn pictured it on his column. I didn`t read on the first time. Just couple of first paragraph and seeing the pictures momenteraly. So I just go ahead and did as pict I posted. Then after try, I found 2 speed engagement is way way too soon and I need to tighten about 45mins than usual (it was 0.7mm gap) to have the same feeling with if it were without those 2 set screws. On cleanning, Goldfinger saw it and laugh... then I realize it was coincidence mistake But boy, it it a blast. I`ll try it with 16/61 next week with lola shell.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote