R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2004, 12:34 AM   #9586
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Only the very best - here at work and at home Sun Workstations
Maybe you should ask what platform the mytsn is run on...

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Is the part number correct? I can't find it on mytsn
Yup. Mytsn does not list it. Check out on RCCarinternational. They should list it.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM   #9587
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Maybe you should ask what platform the mytsn is run on...

Don't ask

Quote:
Yup. Mytsn does not list it. Check out on RCCarinternational. They should list it.
Not there either Maybe they're gone - can I use a 805 one?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:45 AM   #9588
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Not there either Maybe they're gone - can I use a 805 one?
You mean 835...

It is actually the rear shock tower from the 835. The rear shock tower comes in the 808138 package but they should come loose too. Even the 835 manual list it.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:50 AM   #9589
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Ooh, I think I have this shock tower

805 my dyslexia again
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:59 AM   #9590
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Here's a pic of my Impulse Pro with the floating body mount.
I did a little modification so that I could use long body posts for touring car bodies.
It probably won't help you Mark, but take a look anyways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00035.jpg (59.6 KB, 81 views)
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:04 AM   #9591
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
Here's a pic of my Impulse Pro with the floating body mount.
I did a little modification so that I could use long body posts for touring car bodies.
It probably won't help you Mark, but take a look anyways.
Thanks for the pic - I reckon I've got the bulk of the items I need - just need the floating rear end now

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:17 AM   #9592
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You need the rear GTP shocktower so that the GTP rear floating mount will work correct.
If you don't mind not being able to adjust the position of the rear shocks, you don't need the rear shock tower.
Take a look of my picture for an example.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:33 AM   #9593
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
If you don't mind not being able to adjust the position of the rear shocks, you don't need the rear shock tower.
Take a look of my picture for an example.
That's exactly the same as what I did on my 2nd car !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:39 AM   #9594
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
That's exactly the same as what I did on my 2nd car !
I'm thinking of putting an engine back into that car, and using it to mess around at the track.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:01 AM   #9595
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
I'm thinking of putting an engine back into that car, and using it to mess around at the track.
I want to make a 1/8th killer 705 GTP +2106 engine
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:08 AM   #9596
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I want to make a 1/8th killer 705 GTP +2106 engine

Have you thought of investing in a 1/8?
I love my 710, but like driving my 1/8 more.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:18 AM   #9597
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
Have you thought of investing in a 1/8?
I love my 710, but like driving my 1/8 more.
I bought a second hand Vector NT last year - justs needs an engine and a servo Have you ever driven the 1:12th scale GTP style cars? They are really fun to drive, but I still find tourcars more challenging
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:27 AM   #9598
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I bought a second hand Vector NT last year - justs needs an engine and a servo Have you ever driven the 1:12th scale GTP style cars? They are really fun to drive, but I still find tourcars more challenging

I've driven a friends 1/12 before, but not in a race.
1/8 scale cars are ballistic, but I find it easier to drive.
I guess that's why I enjoy running the 1/8 more.
I agree with you that touring cars are more challenging to drive.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:37 AM   #9599
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
I've driven a friends 1/12 before, but not in a race.
1/8 scale cars are ballistic, but I find it easier to drive.
I guess that's why I enjoy running the 1/8 more.
I agree with you that touring cars are more challenging to drive.
This is what I found with the 1:12th vs the 1:10th touring cars, too. I like to blast with the 1:12th, but I really like the setup challenge and driving challenge of the 1:10th better and therefore I don't drive the 1:12th so often.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:46 AM   #9600
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
This is what I found with the 1:12th vs the 1:10th touring cars, too. I like to blast with the 1:12th, but I really like the setup challenge and driving challenge of the 1:10th better and therefore I don't drive the 1:12th so often.
So how do you like the 710 so far?
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:07 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net