R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2004, 06:03 AM   #9736
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
And the same goes for me.
I think the bumper is too flexible to hold the body.
I'm sure I've got the small body posts, too - do you use the under body supports on the body posts?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:04 AM   #9737
Tech Adept
 
cox049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 170
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Thank you, The more I think about it, the more it will be an ALL Important tool, I am having nightmares about uneven shocks, I dread building shocks, but I think this would help greatly.
Baxter, this article has some helpful hints for the 710 shocks building

http://ashfordhobby.com/tech02.htm
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:14 AM   #9738
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
And the same goes for me.
I think the bumper is too flexible to hold the body.
Have a look what I found for the starterbox:

Charger:

rccarinternational

And Packs... only the best for me.

cheapbatterypacks

But look at the GP3300 Double Stick Pack... I will need 2.

Do you think these are good prices? Remember that I will want it to be compatible with our power here (220v-240v) I dont want to charge from my car battery.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:18 AM   #9739
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Quote:
Originally posted by cox049
Baxter, this article has some helpful hints for the 710 shocks building

http://ashfordhobby.com/tech02.htm
Thank you greatly... This really does help. Tell me, Is that your son in your avatar? I used to marshal offroad bikes and stadium trucks (real ones) many years ago. Does he race?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:27 AM   #9740
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Engine + Pipe

The 2106 is not available at the moment and Serpent don't know when it will be available again.

Does anyone know if the TP06 is a good combination for the JP FX12 T03?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:37 AM   #9741
Tech Regular
 
KevinS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'm sure I've got the small body posts, too - do you use the under body supports on the body posts?
Nope, they dont fit... There are only 2 holes in those short body posts and there isn't enough room between the two to fit the supports, since the bodyposts end up right at that dimple in the GTP body. I only use the steel pins and stuck some thick foam tape (one sided) on the inside of the body.

Anyone else having trouble with mytsn? I keep getting "Page can not be displayed" errors. Or does anyone have the partnumber for the rear floating body mount that fits the 705?

Again, sorry for the 705 revival in the 710 thread.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:48 AM   #9742
Tech Adept
 
cox049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 170
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Thank you greatly... This really does help. Tell me, Is that your son in your avatar? I used to marshal offroad bikes and stadium trucks (real ones) many years ago. Does he race?
Yes Baxt my 6 year older he's not RTRace yet but I'm coaching him on the basics and he's building confidence and skill and really enjoying it

About the shocks, I followed Ashfords tips and ended with silky smooth shocks
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:53 AM   #9743
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
Nope, they dont fit... There are only 2 holes in those short body posts and there isn't enough room between the two to fit the supports, since the bodyposts end up right at that dimple in the GTP body. I only use the steel pins and stuck some thick foam tape (one sided) on the inside of the body.
I used the exact same setup.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:55 AM   #9744
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
Anyone else having trouble with mytsn? I keep getting "Page can not be displayed" errors. Or does anyone have the partnumber for the rear floating body mount that fits the 705?
Mytsn is working for me.
Here's the number for the floating body mount kit 808150.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:55 AM   #9745
Tech Regular
 
KevinS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Do you think these are good prices? Remember that I will want it to be compatible with our power here (220v-240v) I dont want to charge from my car battery.
Those GP3300 packs will earn you the envy of electric racers. Some shops sell those packs for $70 and up!
The charger is great for charging those 3300mAh packs, but you can't slow charge your receiver packs with it... It starts at 500mA.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:58 AM   #9746
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default

Lovely, I am glad he is enjoying it, I would have loved to do it. Thank you for the tips, I have printed the tips and will follow them.

MyTSN is working fine, no problems here.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:04 AM   #9747
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
Those GP3300 packs will earn you the envy of electric racers. Some shops sell those packs for $70 and up!
The charger is great for charging those 3300mAh packs, but you can't slow charge your receiver packs with it... It starts at 500mA.
Lovely, thank you. What would you suggest for the receiver pack, I have a wall charger for them, bet you only get about 80% charge from them. I am sure that the starter will run for months on those packs.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:24 AM   #9748
Tech Adept
 
cox049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 170
Default GP3300

I bought a gp3300 for my glow plug ignitor and I find that it loses it's charge very quick when not in use. I charge all my batteries the day before race/practice and I always end up changing back to the 1300mah sanyo at the middle of the day

Maybe these batteries are great stuff for electric racing but you have to have them hanging from the charger all the time
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:34 AM   #9749
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
Is anyone using the stock Centax III, or has everyone modified theirs?
Would the new yellow clutch shoe (802509) help with the slipping clutch problem?
Here's a description of the new shoes.

To increase performance of the Centax 3 clutch system even further, Serpent are pleased to present the new yellow clutch shoe. The new material reduces the clutch slipping, which therefore allows more power to get to the wheels. This creates a more efficient performing clutch system but does make the engine work harder.

Isn't the stock clutch shoe an XP type?
I know on the older clutches the yellow was the stock clutch shoe.
They also had a black one that allows slip and an XP one that was supposed to give more punch.
If the stock Centax III shoe is an XP, why would the yellow one have less slippage?
Check out my myTSN article about building the Centax-3 clutch.

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10063

Hopefully some of your questions will be answered.

Regards,
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:38 AM   #9750
Tech Adept
 
cox049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 170
Default Re: Re: Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
Check out my myTSN article about building the Centax-3 clutch.

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10063

Hopefully some of your questions will be answered.

Regards,
Glenn, Great article! Thanks and keep it up
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:31 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net