Wap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:24 PM   #10487
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to rwisejr
Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bag 14

Quote:
Originally posted by Wap
My wife will run for president
Well she would have competition from mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rwisejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:05 PM   #10488
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yes sure, anything for the racer! Mine is in PAL format so if you're from the US then its a problem. What system is your video player?

Well, that's the trick to a final race isn't it? Being fast and consistent at the same time.

You were in the Jakarta Reedy Race? Well, B is VERY respectable. I've seen our top EP drivers go there and barely got into A, then the next one (Bangkok Reedy race) struggled last year. Its not easy ...

PM me or leave a message at 3Hobby.Com if you seriously want the tape.
For the video, no CD/VCD format? I have no video tape player

Do you race EP too? its less fun, 5 minutes full concentration.
Im stick to it for learning how to drive smoothly.
But 1 thing i hate about EP competition, performance is 100% depends on investment no excuse
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #10489
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

GEEEZZZZ!!! I've got like 20 pages to read!!
One quick question, I just got a front diff for my 710 and I remember reading something about putting fuel tubing somewhere to help keep the dog bones from flying out??? Could someone please explain to me exactly what needs to be done? I'm going to be taking my car apart this weekend to go through everything now that I have the engine broken in. Take it all apart, check the thrust bearings, diffs and clutches to make sure everything is still OK and then I'm going to install the front diff. I want the car to be ready for next weekend that way I can take the car to the track and start enjoying it and playing with some different setups. Thanks...
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:33 PM   #10490
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
One quick question, I just got a front diff for my 710 and I remember reading something about putting fuel tubing somewhere to help keep the dog bones from flying out??? Could someone please explain to me exactly what needs to be done? I'm going to be taking my car apart this weekend to go through everything now that I have the engine broken in. Take it all apart, check the thrust bearings, diffs and clutches to make sure everything is still OK and then I'm going to install the front diff. I want the car to be ready for next weekend that way I can take the car to the track and start enjoying it and playing with some different setups. Thanks...
If you really want to see what the 710 is capable of, come out to Langley and race this weekend. Apollo is nice for running electric, but 710's excel at big and fast tracks. After Langley, Apollo will seem like a micros track...If you you do decide to come, which I hope you can, leave the one-way in for sure. There are a few of us running 710's and we can show you the setups that seem to be working the best.

Last edited by chachi; 05-14-2004 at 10:46 PM.
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:48 PM   #10491
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

hey guys I have pu my S710 for sale, let me know if you are interested via e-mail

thanks
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:41 PM   #10492
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
ha.. ha ha.. How are you?
I dont like front diff so much, maybe must spend more time with it.
What I remember on last testing, that front diff make the car more forgiving on the setup. But take off the steering so much, must use max. spacer for front upper arm.
Good luck!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:16 AM   #10493
Tech Adept

Default 710 Drive Ratio table

Can someone post the link of the Drive Ratio Table for 710? Can't find that in the download page of 710 in myTsn. Thank you
Getrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:46 AM   #10494
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: 710 Drive Ratio table

Quote:
Originally posted by Getrice
Can someone post the link of the Drive Ratio Table for 710? Can't find that in the download page of 710 in myTsn. Thank you
There is one in :
http://www.daltonshop.com/tips_tricks.htm

and here :
http://www.mytsn.com/products/dnlfil...RatioCal%2Epdf
Old 05-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #10495
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Setting 2 speed clutch

I've just started the 710 up for the first time. Can someone please tell me the initial settings for the 2 speed clutch. I set it as per the book and it is not comiing on. I have not had the car on the track yet so can not tell if the 2 speed is already on.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:37 AM   #10496
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Setting 2 speed clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
I've just started the 710 up for the first time. Can someone please tell me the initial settings for the 2 speed clutch. I set it as per the book and it is not comiing on. I have not had the car on the track yet so can not tell if the 2 speed is already on.
you kind of have to set it up with the car on the track so the car has some kind of load. its kind of hard to set it up with the wheels in the air.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:30 AM   #10497
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ball diff

I know this question has been asked before. I've been lightly greasing my ball diff. Will it work better & last longer if I didn't oil the diff as in the serpent instructions?
PhatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:45 AM   #10498
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
hey guys I have pu my S710 for sale, let me know if you are interested via e-mail

thanks
That's a shame but "keep in touch" with us in here just the same. I take it you're buying the MTX3?
Old 05-15-2004, 02:48 AM   #10499
Tech Elite

Default Re: Setting 2 speed clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
B4, if you say that you're starting the car up for the first time then I assume you're still running in the engine?

If so then it's still rich and hence would not be revving up enough to engage the 2nd speed.

Continue with the runnin in process and after tuning close to optimum performance then you should see the 2nd speed kick in.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:19 AM   #10500
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default New body - McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Oooohhhhh!!!!

I just spent 2~3 days masking and painting my new car body for my S710... a Kyosho McLaren F1 GTR Longtail. Painted it up in a great scale paintjob.

I just have to paint and mount the wing. After that I will post pics.

This paintjob looks SO awesome... one of the better one's I've done.
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote