R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2004, 12:28 AM   #9121
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Rebuild of shocks

How often do you guys rebuild your shocks i seem to be doing this before every race meet? i have one shock on the rear which always seems to be softer that the rest if i leave for a week or so i have checked it for leaks and the little holes on the piston seem to be the same as the others is this usuall?

P.S For 'D' i have run the new rear diff now for about 4 tanks and it has fallen to bits! it started with the 3 pins that hold the adjuster to the diff coming out all at one then diff moves from side to side because it seems to thin! Going back to the standard "No frills" diff maybe a bit rougher to turn but at least i know it will do the job!
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:31 AM   #9122
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: New Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
Aluminum Radio Plate Bracket
Aluminum Middle Shaft Bracket
Aluminum Anti-roll Bar Levers
One Piece Engine mounts
Setup Wheels
Here are the part numbers to go along with the parts.

SER802136 Aluminum Radio Plate Bracket
SER802155 Aluminum Middle Shaft Bracket
SER802241 Aluminum Anti-roll Bar Levers
SER802552 One Piece Engine mounts
SER802830 Setup Wheels
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:44 AM   #9123
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Rebuild of shocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
How often do you guys rebuild your shocks i seem to be doing this before every race meet? i have one shock on the rear which always seems to be softer that the rest if i leave for a week or so i have checked it for leaks and the little holes on the piston seem to be the same as the others is this usuall?

P.S For 'D' i have run the new rear diff now for about 4 tanks and it has fallen to bits! it started with the 3 pins that hold the adjuster to the diff coming out all at one then diff moves from side to side because it seems to thin! Going back to the standard "No frills" diff maybe a bit rougher to turn but at least i know it will do the job!
Try not letting the car rest on it's wheels.
Keep it elevated when you're not using it.
I usually don't rebuild my shocks that often.
I only rebuild them when I notice that they're not smooth.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:50 AM   #9124
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'm a morning person and people at work take a lot of my time, so I make sure I'm in well before everyone else, so I can get on with my work. Also I can get one hours training in with the bike through the forest, which helps wake me up
Work: mobile phone design - sw side.
Oh yes you said... I have the Nokia 6600, Nice toy, a little on the bulky side, but the new nokia 7something has a 1 megapixel camera and will take 10 minutes of video... AWESOME, and I am sure you have seen the future and what it holds for us, I am sure it is exciting. I am a desktop support engineer (unfortunately). I love geeting to work early. it helps with getting the job done!

I got a temp gauge from Tower for cheap, and I saw the same model, but different colour, for also cheap with a little metal case on rc-mushroom and was mad for not getting it, but it is OK.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:55 AM   #9125
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Rebuild of shocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
i have one shock on the rear which always seems to be softer that the rest if i leave for a week
Since new? try replacing the o-ring or bottom cap? if after use, I guess it is normal as not all 4 shocks will always have the same load on each runs.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:31 AM   #9126
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'm a morning person and people at work take a lot of my time, so I make sure I'm in well before everyone else, so I can get on with my work. Also I can get one hours training in with the bike through the forest, which helps wake me up
Work: mobile phone design - sw side.
Do you know, the rccar guys have still not shipped my equipment as there was a problem with the manufacturing of the brake pads, so I requested other pads, but still... no shipment, I got a mail from them last night, but our most up-to-date windows exchange server went and promptly blocked the mail as there was a fuel nipple with the word typed as ni**le, then corrupted the mail. WINDOWS must be open, not running.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:36 AM   #9127
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Do you know, the rccar guys have still not shipped my equipment as there was a problem with the manufacturing of the brake pads, so I requested other pads, but still... no shipment, I got a mail from them last night, but our most up-to-date windows exchange server went and promptly blocked the mail as there was a fuel nipple with the word typed as ni**le, then corrupted the mail. WINDOWS must be open, not running.
That sucks.
I hope you get you get your stuff soon.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:42 AM   #9128
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
That sucks.
I hope you get you get your stuff soon.
I know, luckily this was a little order, it was for the Stainless steel brake disk and the racing brake pads, and some little things, but I guess I will need to wait till rc-mushroom get it or something, they are just expensive with shipping. Maybe I will need to just get my uncle to get it from HK when he flies there again... He flies the Airbus A310 or A320 (Julius will know) for SAA and HK is one of his routes.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:53 AM   #9129
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
I know, luckily this was a little order, it was for the Stainless steel brake disk and the racing brake pads, and some little things, but I guess I will need to wait till rc-mushroom get it or something, they are just expensive with shipping. Maybe I will need to just get my uncle to get it from HK when he flies there again... He flies the Airbus A310 or A320 (Julius will know) for SAA and HK is one of his routes.
What kind of mail service do you guys have in South Africa?
Do you guys have UPS or Fedex?
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:01 AM   #9130
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
What kind of mail service do you guys have in South Africa?
Do you guys have UPS or Fedex?
We have both, It is easiest and cheapes to use the normal airmail system, but with insurance, else it may be costly.

Are you a Serpent dealer yet?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:22 AM   #9131
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
We have both, It is easiest and cheapes to use the normal airmail system, but with insurance, else it may be costly.

Are you a Serpent dealer yet?
Nope not yet, but I'm hoping that things get approved by next week.
Right now, we're doing research on different banks.
Banks have so many hidden charges.
Some charge for making too many deposits a month.
Others charge for writing over a certain amount of checks.
It's hard to make money when the bank is making more money off of you.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:32 AM   #9132
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing

It's hard to make money when the bank is making more money off of you.
Should be Bank of Serpent not BoA
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:34 AM   #9133
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
Nope not yet, but I'm hoping that things get approved by next week.
Right now, we're doing research on different banks.
Banks have so many hidden charges.
Some charge for making too many deposits a month.
Others charge for writing over a certain amount of checks.
It's hard to make money when the bank is making more money off of you.
I know what you mean, My bank at the moment is good to me, they charge R50 (<$10) per month and R5 (<$1) per ATM transaction, but the first 4 are free. BUT, as of this the 1st of May, they have changed it slightly, but it is still WAY cheaper than most of the Normal banks, these guys are one in a million, check out there site, I dont think you can use them, but they are a subsidiary of Standard Chartered which is international.

20twenty

I found that the littler internet banks are cheapest and offer a lot in the way of services as they dont need 'branches' as such, so the overheads are less. Only thing is deposits... These are done either at another bank's branches (pre determined). Unless you work completely electronically. I hope you find some of this usefull.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:37 AM   #9134
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Should be Bank of Serpent not BoA
What does BoA stand for, Bank of Athens?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:42 AM   #9135
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
I know what you mean, My bank at the moment is good to me, they charge R50 (<$10) per month and R5 (<$1) per ATM transaction, but the first 4 are free. BUT, as of this the 1st of May, they have changed it slightly, but it is still WAY cheaper than most of the Normal banks, these guys are one in a million, check out there site, I dont think you can use them, but they are a subsidiary of Standard Chartered which is international.

20twenty

I found that the littler internet banks are cheapest and offer a lot in the way of services as they dont need 'branches' as such, so the overheads are less. Only thing is deposits... These are done either at another bank's branches (pre determined). Unless you work completely electronically. I hope you find some of this usefull.
I don't trust internet banks.
They could close up, and take all my money at anytime.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net