R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2004, 11:00 PM   #9106
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Wap

Quote:
Originally posted by Wap
Unfortunately, my wife is looking at homes for us in Houston, tx. and i have to go down on the first to look at homes. like i have any say on what type of house to buy.
Now I know women as badly as the next man, but this sound like a case of "heads I win and tails you loose" i.e. if you don't go, you'd be blamed for your wife picking the wrong house, and if you do go, it'll be your fault for picking the wrong house
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:06 PM   #9107
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Tweak Station & Scale

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Well, if you already have bought and have the tweak station due to ignorance , you can still make use of it.
Seem to remember being recommended to buy one from someone else

Quote:
Put the car on the tweak station. Say if you want to check the tweak on the rear wheels, instead of putting the front wheels on the fixed beam, suspend those front wheels by putting a block (like the droop gauge block) on the front part of the chassis so that none of the front wheels are touching the fixed beam. You will get a truer tweak on the rear wheels you intend to check from the level bubble gauge.
How would the tweak be truer? If I'm going to do the lifting method, then any tweak will reveal itself within that process. Using the MIP would surely just mean that I'm closer to having no tweak when I start off?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:14 PM   #9108
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
What do you mean?
Well, you see, I am being sarcastic, cos our time zones are out, so when it gets busy here in the forum, I am in bed sleeping, and when I am at work, it is quiet.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:17 PM   #9109
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Well, you see, I am being sarcastic, cos our time zones are out, so when it gets busy here in the forum, I am in bed sleeping, and when I am at work, it is quiet.
Myself and D are here at this time, too but D is probably having his after-lunch sleep at the moment
Old 04-28-2004, 11:22 PM   #9110
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent 710 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Wait...both mains are 30 minutes, but A-main drivers are 17 laps faster then the B-main drivers...? Wow...A-main drivers are that much better then the B's....? Or A-main is actually a 45 minutes or B's are actually 20 minutes...? Correct me if I am wrong...
You are right, both mains are 30 minutes... I have a job cut out for me if I want to get into the A-Mains, I may struggle to get into the C-Main, these are the countries best racing here in these races...
Old 04-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #9111
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Myself and D are here at this time, too but D is probably having his after-lunch sleep at the moment
Well, This is good to know, how can dee have an after lunch slep, what does he do for a living? Is he a dream researcher? All my mail from RCTech is being blocked 'as spam'... I have contacted the mail server guys and jumped on them from a dizzy height 'like in the movies' and they have still not done anything about it... I will attack them again I think. So how are you this morning Mark...?
Old 04-28-2004, 11:43 PM   #9112
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
D and me are at the same time zone...now is 1:42pm 29 April 2004...still stuck in the office and still not yet lunch. and D already sleeping ....lucky guy.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:51 PM   #9113
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech
D and me are at the same time zone...now is 1:42pm 29 April 2004...still stuck in the office and still not yet lunch. and D already sleeping ....lucky guy.
Hmm, it is ~7:47am here ... have not really started working yet, start at 8, But I suppose i am reinstalling a pc and creating an image so it will make it quicker to reinstall in the future... windows makes me sick, but without it, I would not have a job, good thing I am building a business that is NOT dependant on IT...
Old 04-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #9114
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well, This is good to know, how can dee have an after lunch slep, what does he do for a living? Is he a dream researcher? All my mail from RCTech is being blocked 'as spam'... I have contacted the mail server guys and jumped on them from a dizzy height 'like in the movies' and they have still not done anything about it... I will attack them again I think. So how are you this morning Mark...?
Dee does nothing - you guessed rightly, he is a dream researcher. Of course he plots constantly the overthrow of the world - but sleep and 710 always get between him and his world domination plan

Me? I'm fine this morning - feel good after my ride into work. Lots to do here which means I had to cancel my two days off I wanted to go and play with my 710 today and tomorrow It'll have to wait
Old 04-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #9115
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech
No lunch!! !! **faint due to hunger** man I have to eat every hour!! They'd have to drag my unconcious body to lunch if I left it until 13:42!!!!!!!

D's just building up his strength for an intensive afternoon of RCTECH
Old 04-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #9116
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Hmm, it is ~7:47am here ... have not really started working yet, start at 8, But I suppose i am reinstalling a pc and creating an image so it will make it quicker to reinstall in the future... windows makes me sick, but without it, I would not have a job, good thing I am building a business that is NOT dependant on IT...
Yes, myself and young master Baxter are also on the same time zone - only seperated by the north/south hemisphere
I start work @ 06:30, so I'm sort of working in a different timezone to everyone else

I have similar thoughts about Windows, but as you say, because of it at least you are kept busy
Old 04-29-2004, 12:05 AM   #9117
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Dee does nothing - you guessed rightly, he is a dream researcher. Of course he plots constantly the overthrow of the world - but sleep and 710 always get between him and his world domination plan

Me? I'm fine this morning - feel good after my ride into work. Lots to do here which means I had to cancel my two days off I wanted to go and play with my 710 today and tomorrow It'll have to wait
Now THAT is not good... When you have to cancel leave for work... I feel for you, I really do. How are the preps coming with the 710, good I hope, it is a pity that you weren't able to run the last weekend. I hope my kit arrives soon, I want to play too.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:13 AM   #9118
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Yes, myself and young master Baxter are also on the same time zone - only seperated by the north/south hemisphere
I start work @ 06:30, so I'm sort of working in a different timezone to everyone else

I have similar thoughts about Windows, but as you say, because of it at least you are kept busy
What do you do Mr Mark? that you start at 06:30? I am in at that time usually, it is RCTECH that does it to me...
Old 04-29-2004, 12:16 AM   #9119
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Now THAT is not good... When you have to cancel leave for work... I feel for you, I really do. How are the preps coming with the 710, good I hope, it is a pity that you weren't able to run the last weekend. I hope my kit arrives soon, I want to play too.
The 710 is now ready to roll. I just have to check to see if I have re-tightened all the screws and reduce the end-play on the centax, but everything else is setup.

Really looking forward to firing the 710 up - hearing the new motor and seeing how the 710 drives.
Only wish I had an infra-red temperature probe to read the motor temp. I have to use my multi-meter (volt meter thingy) which has a temp probe attachment. But with this I have to hold it onto the motor to read the temp and it takes a few seconds to read the real temp - ok for the first few run-in tanks of fuel whilst sitting in the pits, but no good when I then hit the track
It'll be ok, though
Old 04-29-2004, 12:18 AM   #9120
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
What do you do Mr Mark? that you start at 06:30? I am in at that time usually, it is RCTECH that does it to me...
I'm a morning person and people at work take a lot of my time, so I make sure I'm in well before everyone else, so I can get on with my work. Also I can get one hours training in with the bike through the forest, which helps wake me up
Work: mobile phone design - sw side.