R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-29-2004, 05:04 AM   #9151
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Rebuild of shocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Of course its not usual but are you using the losi shock tool to determine that it IS "softer" than the others?
I notice that when you do the shocks by putting the shock bladder on the shock body that is already filled with shock oil as per the manual, you'll get the same amount of rebound. Pretty spot on.

Quote:
Master D ... yours to answer!

But seriously, I'll repeat. Just get a new set of balls and the plates (8378). Get the Mugen Super Grease (B0308) and grease the balls sparingly. Just a layer of grease coating on the balls will do. Just install them according to what Julius has described in his mytsn article and you're good to go !

The ball diffs will remain super smooth all the time. Promise.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:05 AM   #9152
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Whaaaat?!? Its 7pm where you are man!
Old 04-29-2004, 05:25 AM   #9153
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You bugger you... well, I suppose... If you can, why not, personally, I would run my 710 if I had it and would only sleep at night, but that's me...

My rccar order will ship tomorrow... Eventually.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:53 AM   #9154
Tech Adept

Default 710 CVD,s ????

Does anyone make CVD,s for the 710.I,ve looked around and found none. This seems like a basic hop up item that everyone and their mother has. It a great car that I enjoy much.But it bugs me that a minor hit to the wall and the dog bone pops out. I,ve tried running Impact dog bones because they are just a bit longer and it helped maybe a little. Why would there not be dog bones? What do the Pros do besides not hit anything???
Rebal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:59 AM   #9155
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: 710 CVD,s ????

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebal
Does anyone make CVD,s for the 710.I,ve looked around and found none. This seems like a basic hop up item that everyone and their mother has. It a great car that I enjoy much.But it bugs me that a minor hit to the wall and the dog bone pops out. I,ve tried running Impact dog bones because they are just a bit longer and it helped maybe a little. Why would there not be dog bones? What do the Pros do besides not hit anything???
There is a very long and involved explanation as to why serpent did not make any... But think of it this way, the perfect car does not need hop-ups.

Serpent have got HUDY spring steel dogbones and the PRO's use these, as well as HUDY spring steel drive 'cups'. What you can do is put a cable tie around the bone and the suspention arm above it, but make it loose enough to not bind, this stops the bones from flying an all directions.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:05 AM   #9156
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hi guys

Quote:
That's passe !
D, passe is now passe
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:07 AM   #9157
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tweak Station & Scale

Quote:
Oophs... Well, I was still ignorant then !

The lifting method would also be truer if you check tweak in the rear when you suspend the front chassis with a fixed block.

It will be "truer" in the sense that the front suspension will not affect the rear suspension and thus screwing it up. What may seem to be incorrect tweak in the rear will be made correct because of the front suspension.

Hasn't Dark Lord Julius not mention this to you already?
AHA

Probably Dark Lord Julius has mentioned it, but my brain is fried from all the mobile frequencies here at work
Old 04-29-2004, 06:09 AM   #9158
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:

Riding to work in the cold is torture and you say it's fine? What's wrong with you? What are you made of?
Best northern english ice Never feel a thing from the cold Getting too warm on a morning now, though. It was 13 degrees C this morning - almost sucummed to heat exhaustion!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 06:10 AM   #9159
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
That's sic !

Hey, you should design one up for the controller... A Tx come mobile phone come digicam would be excellent !

Instead of having a Nokia or an Ericsson, imagine having Futaba, KO or Sanwa mobile phones !
Why do you think I'm working so hard
Old 04-29-2004, 06:18 AM   #9160
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 710 CVD,s ????

Quote:
Does anyone make CVD,s for the 710.I,ve looked around and found none.
3 Racing makes them. But as KevinS pointed out, they may not be the realy CVD. Just a dogbone with a pin. Don't know about their reliablity though and they can be suspect.

This seems like a basic hop up item that everyone and their mother has. It a great car that I enjoy much.But it bugs me that a minor hit to the wall and the dog bone pops out.

Dogbones are more rugged. If you hit and rub the walls with a CVD, it'll be a more costly replacement and you need to replace it when it gets bent. Dogbones will just pop out or get loss. To a certain extent, you can still use your slightly bent dogbone.

Quote:
I,ve tried running Impact dog bones because they are just a bit longer and it helped maybe a little. Why would there not be dog bones? What do the Pros do besides not hit anything???
Impact dogbones (front) will fit the 710 in the rear and front nicely. While they are much stronger, they are 1 mm shorter than the stock 710 dogbones. Not longer.

Some tips to ensure that the dogbones come out less...

1. Keep steering to a minimum and as much as you need only.

2. Use a smaller front trackwidth. Less than 200 mm. Especially required if you're using the front ball diff. Somehow, dogbones come out more often using the front ball diffs than with the stock oneway. I think it has got to do with the shorter drive cups that come with the front ball diff... Make sure upon suspension compression, the front suspension does not bind due to the narrower front trackwidth.

3. Use a very small piece of fuel tubing in the drive cups nearer to the oneway or ball diff to space the dogbone out to the wheel adaptors. Again, make sure upon suspension compression, the front suspension does not bind due to the narrower front trackwidth. I have not tried this but a good friend of mine mentioned that you could use the concave washer like the one found in the ball diff to space out the front dogbones. Have not tried that yet.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:23 AM   #9161
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Why do you think I'm working so hard
Old 04-29-2004, 06:23 AM   #9162
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hi guys

Quote:
D, passe is now passe
Old 04-29-2004, 06:24 AM   #9163
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
It was 13 degrees C this morning - almost sucummed to heat exhaustion!!!
You should cycle over here. 30 to 35 degree C with high humidity !
Old 04-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #9164
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tweak Station & Scale

Quote:
Probably Dark Lord Julius has mentioned it, but my brain is fried from all the mobile frequencies here at work

Don't you have those helmet like the one Magneto wears in X-Men on his head?
Old 04-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #9165
Tech Adept

Default cvd,s

Your right about then dogbone lengths.I said it backwards,I use the 710,s in my Impact DU!!!!! For the same reason. I,ve worked with narrowing track widths and personally use the brass washer from glow plus to space out the outdrive on my one way. Good tip on why they are better though and I kinda figured that was it as far as dog bones not bending as easy as cvd,s Thanks I,ll ck to see if and can do anymore spacing I just wanted to be sure to not go to far. Thanks again!!!
Rebal is offline   Reply With Quote