Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IRM616
Danny does do that...what color is ur sc10 4x4? Are you racing ko propo?
Used to be white, now it is orange front and black rear. I switched to an M11x a while back. I run a B4.1 as well when I am there.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socalrcer
Used to be white, now it is orange front and black rear. I switched to an M11x a while back. I run a B4.1 as well when I am there.
Coo...I'll keep an eye out.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:09 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IRM616
I got the O-ring on my kit. Running emulsion
Again, We're not disputing what came in the kit. This is the Factory Team Shock set that does not come packed with the Emulsion O-rings.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Old 12-06-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default top secret

Originally Posted by symmetricon
brain fart!
i see you are adding in your little bio that you are using some top secret gear or something ...like most all sponsored drivers using parts that are not available to everyone and bragging about it douche bag
FYI keep it to yourself till it is available to everyone
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 AM

I broke my Pinned Topshaft yesterday! It broke at the base of the slipper threads, (not the hole for the pin, like I thought would have been even close to a weak point)

(I'll post pics later today)
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastrc64
i see you are adding in your little bio that you are using some top secret gear or something ...like most all sponsored drivers using parts that are not available to everyone and bragging about it douche bag
Wow, that was totally uncalled for. I am anything but a sponsored driver, and if you knew me, you woud know that I do anything to help my fellow racers. I simply put it in my bio to create some kind of buzz for a future produt, for my friend who is the mastermind of the product. I simply test it, and tell him what I think and if it is durable enough to use day in day out at the track. I simply cannot say what "it" is due to respect of my friends wishes, but I assure you, when I can say what is in the "worx" I will. I do what I can to maintain a good reputation, I due what i can due to the fact the rc is my passion, and my future career, when I finish my mechanical engineering deg. So if you have questions or want to name call do it in pm if your gonna bash me
Have a nice day.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I broke my Pinned Topshaft yesterday! It broke at the base of the slipper threads, (not the hole for the pin, like I thought would have been even close to a weak point)

(I'll post pics later today)
Crazy, I would expect the pin to break, or the idler gear before the topshaft itelf.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:20 AM

Crazy, I would expect the pin to break, or the idler gear before the topshaft itelf.
No joke, right? It started acting like the Idler was shot, when I pulled it up and went to pull the slipper cover off, DInG DNGEGDFGJSDRD Parts all over the bench. I was dumbfounded.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default pinned or not

i have come to the conclusion about pinned or not . after testing being pinned for a month i would have to say in my case not pinned is the way to go . i have found that it is just too hard on the internal drive gears and front outdrives the diff has to have some slip.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:51 AM

i have come to the conclusion about pinned or not . after testing being pinned for a month i would have to say in my case not pinned is the way to go . i have found that it is just too hard on the internal drive gears and front outdrives the diff has to have some slip.
Yeah. It's called loosen your damn slipper and let the device work. I went through two idlers back-to-back running pre-pinned slip. I now have my slipper set to about a foot of slip and I haven't broken a idler in 20 packs, with more than enough punch to dead stop into a triple.

Our truck is plastic. OFNA, Losi, Traxxas, whatever: All run full metal Transmissions. It's simple math. If you want to run your Truck locked down:
-You get to spend the money on idlers, etc. Or go with a full metal tranny, OR run unpinned.
-Or you can loosen your slipper, letting it do it's JOB and enjoy a great tuning option for a Track without the destroyed drivetrain.

The lack of option to run pinned is 'not' an option for me. Not with the unbelievable change it delivers on large outdoor tracks and blown out 8th scale tracks.

Edit: I'm teasing of course. You guys know what works for where you are, how you drive, and what you're doing. I just see a trend with the relation to the Slipper and the Pin.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Wow, that was totally uncalled for. I am anything but a sponsored driver, and if you knew me, you woud know that I do anything to help my fellow racers. I simply put it in my bio to create some kind of buzz for a future produt, for my friend who is the mastermind of the product. I simply test it, and tell him what I think and if it is durable enough to use day in day out at the track. I simply cannot say what "it" is due to respect of my friends wishes, but I assure you, when I can say what is in the "worx" I will. I do what I can to maintain a good reputation, I due what i can due to the fact the rc is my passion, and my future career, when I finish my mechanical engineering deg. So if you have questions or want to name call do it in pm if your gonna bash me
Have a nice day.
ok so "douche bag" was a bad choice of words sorry about that .

as you know going to a major race and some sponsored drivers show up and have a car or truck that is in testing and not released to public yet . then they go on to clean house using said product or vehicle .
that does not impress me at all when these guys show up and race a unreleased product .
another thing is AE knows what to do to make this truck work and run but won't share info as to how to set the truck up and what they are using .
this past weekend some guy showed up at the local track with a sc10 4x4 he was sponsored by X factory not AE but somehow he had a factory team built and set up sc10 4x4 with all the mods the team has done he did not know what they did he was just a driver . i took second to him it was close .not one person at the track was impressed or respected him because of it . we all have to figure out how to make our trucks handle.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR MAN........ Jason test products for me and he actually paid for this product. i asked him not to say what it is until this coming friday when I will release information. i use Jason for multiple reasons but first and foremost it is because he understands suspension and he absorbs knowledge. this helps me because he can explain exactly what the truck is doing with my parts. Second is because he is local and he can come to my shop to make changes instead of shipping back and forth with drivers around the country. Third is because although he is not the fastest driver he is always in the mix and usually in the top 5, a few tenths on his lap times will make a huge difference in his performance. if i give a product to someone who is already ultra fast its hard to truly judge the part. if i give the product to someone who is above avg and he gains 5 tenths well i know it works! i think its been pretty obvious that Jason drives for me so i take it personal when you called him a douche, he is probably one of the most soft spoken dudes around, anti-douche if you will. Not to mention he is a pretty badass Muy-Thai practitioner. had you said that in person you would have ended up limping around for about a month from a leg chop!!

Parts have to be tested and they have to be tested in a racing environment, i have been doing this long enough to know that i cannot release a product until I'm confident in its performance and i know that it will not fail. i tested the pistons for almost a year before they were released and i am glad i waited. i have had the "new" part on my truck for 6 weeks and Sym just got his saturday, and has only raced with it once (he got second with some stiff competition!)
Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

ok so "douche bag" was a bad choice of words sorry about that .

as you know going to a major race and some sponsored drivers show up and have a car or truck that is in testing and not released to public yet . then they go on to clean house using said product or vehicle .
that does not impress me at all when these guys show up and race a unreleased product .
another thing is AE knows what to do to make this truck work and run but won't share info as to how to set the truck up and what they are using .
this past weekend some guy showed up at the local track with a sc10 4x4 he was sponsored by X factory not AE but somehow he had a factory team built and set up sc10 4x4 with all the mods the team has done he did not know what they did he was just a driver . i took second to him it was close .not one person at the track was impressed or respected him because of it . we all have to figure out how to make our trucks handle.
Wow seems like you like to complain alot, first you get mad at symmetricon for not wanting to share his mods, now your gonna hate on AE.. Have you ever thought that AE hasn't released anything yet because they are still in the testing phase and want to make sure everything is working fine before they do release any information just like Mantis is doing????????????????

And if you weren't impressed or gave any respect to the guy that won the race with his SC10, seems to me like your hating once again.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.