Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
The Topshaft makes less sense on the temperature. Anyone bent their topshaft at any given time? Going to replace my bearings and a new topshaft. That little brass bushing shrink and cause any wobble for you guys?
ThunderbirdJunkie bent two rear topshafts when he had his truck. Got another one still in the pit box...want it?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I went out driving on Monday.

Broke my Rear TopShaft as the Threads like I said earlier
Found one of my RPM A-arms cracked along a pin hole
Found my Belt rubbing on the tunnel.

I was driving in 36 degree weather outside. So I think that was the cause of the broken parts. low temps making the plastic and steel brittle. My Truck would have had ice crystals on it in a couple degree drop.

The Topshaft makes less sense on the temperature. Anyone bent their topshaft at any given time? Going to replace my bearings and a new topshaft. That little brass bushing shrink and cause any wobble for you guys?

Also, I shimmed the front and rear diffs, redid all bearings, topped off Diff fluid, Belt is snug, Slipper and Clicker locked, And I STILL am getting a chattering (clickersounding) noise under heavy acceleration that seemed to get worse as I warmed up the Truck. It's starting to really bother me. Sun gears rounded? Bleahgdkgjdlkj..

Thanks.
We had some colder weather this past weekend and Mantis and Symm were having issues with tie rods popping off, seemed to be a frequent issue, but things did seem stiff and were breaking left and right. hair dryer to warm up parts before runs? lol
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
ThunderbirdJunkie bent two rear topshafts when he had his truck. Got another one still in the pit box...want it?
Oh. thanks. I have a stock unpinned one, and a FT lightweight one. I was mailing shafts for guys, so I have spares. I appreciate it though.

The hair dryer, however funny, and yet, useful I think would be back to ice cold plastic in one lap.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I did read about a trick with boiling the parts to increase strength, think i read it in rc mag, not sure if it works or not, maybe someone has past experience? I need to throw on my rpm a-arms, my factory fronts finally warped out.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
I did read about a trick with boiling the parts to increase strength, think i read it in rc mag, not sure if it works or not, maybe someone has past experience? I need to throw on my rpm a-arms, my factory fronts finally warped out.
It makes them softer, not stronger.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
Just a test post, I submitted one in this thread last week & awaiting moderator approval, but still no sign of it.
Managed to get a couple of PM's thru to Coyoteslash and Mantis, thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.
I'm new to the thread, but managed to get thru the 756 pages over 4 weeks and have been able to keep up since, it's now an evening ritual to read what I've missed thru the day.
I personally want to thank everyone who has contributed to the content in this thread, it's an amazing encyclopedia for this awesome truck.
I hope I can help and contribute one day, and look forward to getting to know you all.
I will be back for some advice, but I'll leave it here for now and let the thread get back on topic.
Thanks guys
Smithy

Australia.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
the real question is are you shelving that LOSI and running the AE saturday!!!
Don't think I can make it. Being a newlywed it's kinda hard to get away these days. We are gonna go watch some lights in the heights thing, which kinda sucks. I might try to come do like the first 2 quals or something. We'll see...

Oh, and I'll probably run both trucks. The Losi truck is the benchmark untill the AE can run faster laps. At that point, I'll get rid of the Losi truck... It's getting close.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:47 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smithy79
Hi,
Just a test post, I submitted one in this thread last week & awaiting moderator approval, but still no sign of it.
Managed to get a couple of PM's thru to Coyoteslash and Mantis, thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.
I'm new to the thread, but managed to get thru the 756 pages over 4 weeks and have been able to keep up since, it's now an evening ritual to read what I've missed thru the day.
I personally want to thank everyone who has contributed to the content in this thread, it's an amazing encyclopedia for this awesome truck.
I hope I can help and contribute one day, and look forward to getting to know you all.
I will be back for some advice, but I'll leave it here for now and let the thread get back on topic.
Thanks guys
Smithy

Australia.
Thanks alot Smithy. Contributing is as simple as letting us know how your truck's doing and what you've done to it. Doesn't have to be knowledge like Mantis, Craig, or others with in depth explainations.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Recent set up and views

This truck kicks ass. Bottom line. New design is cool and state of the art/oldscholl/functional with all considered

My set up right now. I race at ocrc the top rc track on the west coast!!

27.5 rear yellow spring 1 x ring two turns out extra droop 3x2 arm mount locked stock slipper. Standard inside pad hd outer. 58. 16. On a tekin 550 can 5.5. Rx8 plenty boost front stock tires!! Rear barcodes stOck rims

Front 32.5 two aftermarket orings for more lag on shock action. 30000 diff fluid. And btw 10000 rear. Softest sway front i think its white Locked 4x no over drive stock batt set up but very keen to try saddle and brace.

Anyway this setup has me at the top 2 of the most competitive class in our winter series the brawl. I feel there is work to do but i can druve theese losi tanks most any day when they dont push there wieght or driving style on me. Personally i love the smmoth ness this truck can drive when u feel it!!

Here is three sc10. 4x battling for the #2 spot in the last friday battle!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhczxBooLh4
Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im putting together my truck and im installing the Castle Sidewinder esc and 3800 kv motor, just wondering what pinnion i should be running, the track i run on is a tight track hi-bite and lots of jumps any help would be apreciated thx.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-RO
Im putting together my truck and im installing the Castle Sidewinder esc and 3800 kv motor, just wondering what pinnion i should be running, the track i run on is a tight track hi-bite and lots of jumps any help would be apreciated thx.
I used a 15t in a larger track, so if I were you, I would try a 14t
Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Don't think I can make it. Being a newlywed it's kinda hard to get away these days. We are gonna go watch some lights in the heights thing, which kinda sucks. I might try to come do like the first 2 quals or something. We'll see...

Oh, and I'll probably run both trucks. The Losi truck is the benchmark untill the AE can run faster laps. At that point, I'll get rid of the Losi truck... It's getting close.
oh thats right, you got married! welcome to the club! now unfortunatley your play time decreases by 25% and when the kids come another 25%!! (if your lucky!!!)
Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Is it
on topic yet ?

I picked up the B44.1 Lipo tray & braces tonight , yes , I'm going to the saddle packs ....

Gotta follow the Team .....
What the team runs works. Plain and simple.

Kody had the 1oz of weight placed on the back of the battery and the rear of the chassis. He also had the weight opposite the motor but I think it was more than 1/4 ounce. I am going to put enough to balance left right with the motor Jason is running.

Keith.

Last edited by kghills; 12-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by kghills
What the team runs works. Plain and simple.

Kody had the 1oz of weight placed on the back of the battery not the rear of the chassis. He also had the weight opposite the motor but I think it was more than 1/4 ounce. I am going to put enough to balance left right with the motor Jason is running.

Keith.
Keith

Thanks man for the tip , I even reloaded the pictures last night and was looking real hard at that weight behind their battery packs ....

Agree, the Ae team is doing their best to help us get our trucks ahead of the pack ....
Old 12-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Keith

the RC Tech team is doing their best to help us get our trucks ahead of the pack ....
Corrected... Thanks to CraigV, Travis (Silver04RS), Racecrafter, MTK, Mantis and many others for their R&D and products.. Not to mention the countless others who have contributed their setups, tips and tricks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.