Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by embryoguy
yeah i did buy a new housing but do i have to do this every several months.yeah longer screws might work. do not use a drill , maybe in screwing in to tight. thanks.
Check the screws after every few runs . Once they get a little loose and one good hit to the front and they strip the housing .
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yeah your absolutely right BRI. i m lazy and i dont check the screws on this truck as often as i should. i wish there was a loctite for plastic!

new to hobby so lesson to learn. thanks guys. it would be nice if they made a metal housing
Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by embryoguy
yeah i did buy a new housing but do i have to do this every several months.yeah longer screws might work. do not use a drill , maybe in screwing in to tight. thanks.
Use 5/8 in screws and you'll be set. Just tighten them until you feel they are barely incrementally snug. (very light tightening).
Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Use 5/8 in screws and you'll be set. Just tighten them until you feel they are barely incrementally snug. (very light tightening).
5/8 screws. use a lighter.. or torch.. heat up the screw. put a dab of Blue lock tite on it when its hot.. screw it in. it melts the diffs and the screw makes new threads. then buy a new case if screws fall out after race.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Biggie85
Hey guys, I just received my SCTE roller today, tell me what you guys think of the electronics I have to get this truck going. don't be too rough if this isn't "ideal". (Note: I'm new to off-road and SC)

Servo: Spektrum 6040
ESC: Hobbywing Xerun 80amp ESC
Motor: Tekin Pro4 4600kv
Lipo: Orion 5000mah 90c 2s

I've been told this will be fairly competitive.

Thanks!
I think that's a great setup.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
5/8 screws. use a lighter.. or torch.. heat up the screw. put a dab of Blue lock tite on it when its hot.. screw it in. it melts the diffs and the screw makes new threads. then buy a new case if screws fall out after race.
Haha just noticed your location. I justed used some 8-32 x 5/8 screws in both diff cases. No heat or loctite used and they fit perfect.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Chassis--- Stick around we just got done arguing about screws so the great chassis debate is due for another go around!
Originally Posted by goehm
Can we talk about shocks first again? I put my 8ight shocks on my SCTE, then put my SCTE shocks on my XXX-SCT, so that I could move my 22T shocks that I had on that to my XXX-T CR. But now I don't have any shocks for my 8ight. So I thought about buying another set of threaded XXX shocks to put on the 8ight. I figure two shocks at each corner would be good - just like they do on real trucks sometimes.

My local track has dirt and jumps - so I'm wondering if someone tell me what springs/oil/pistons I should use in each shock?

Originally Posted by Briguy
Why not put the8ight shocks back on the 8ight , SCTE shocks on the SCTE and upgrade them , and just get another set of 22T shock or a set of XXX shocks ? Your making things way to complicated .
LOL - What?! That was a complete joke. If you don't get it, you probably haven't been reading the Losi forums closely!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there,
What is the main difference between the stock shock bodies vs HA ones?
Thx for the feedback,
Best,
V
Old 08-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Hi there,
What is the main difference between the stock shock bodies vs HA ones?
Thx for the feedback,
Best,
V
Probably durability and consistency. The stock bodies work really well until they wear out. Look on the inside of the shock to see if it's still all blue. If it's looking silver, then it might start binding with the piston a little or maybe getting too much play and becoming inconsistent.

I don't know if the new bodies are machined with more accurate/higher tolerances, but that's typically been the case with the replacement parts. When you upgrade the bodies, plan on putting some new pistons in as well.

It's a good upgrade when it's time, but there may be other things to look at first.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Biggie85
Hey guys, I just received my SCTE roller today, tell me what you guys think of the electronics I have to get this truck going. don't be too rough if this isn't "ideal". (Note: I'm new to off-road and SC)

Servo: Spektrum 6040
ESC: Hobbywing Xerun 80amp ESC
Motor: Tekin Pro4 4600kv
Lipo: Orion 5000mah 90c 2s

I've been told this will be fairly competitive.

Thanks!
That ESC is not the best choice on 2s, several people had problmes with the BEC. I'd rather get the 120A sct-pro.
Whether 5000mAh is enough depends on your driving style, track and required runtime. Otherwise looks like a good setup.

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
I have an SCTE on the way that I traded my DESC410R for, it has a BCE chassis and a few other things but what are some spares I may break? I run on a large, bumpy and loose track with huge jumps so breakage happens. Also what pinions are recommended? I have MOD1 15-17T's already.
As with any used car, check it out for worn items. For breakages I had the end of one rear cvd crack and the thread wear out on one front spindle carrier. Stock towers are prone to bending, Losi carbon is a good upgrade.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Probably durability and consistency. The stock bodies work really well until they wear out. Look on the inside of the shock to see if it's still all blue. If it's looking silver, then it might start binding with the piston a little or maybe getting too much play and becoming inconsistent.

I don't know if the new bodies are machined with more accurate/higher tolerances, but that's typically been the case with the replacement parts. When you upgrade the bodies, plan on putting some new pistons in as well.

It's a good upgrade when it's time, but there may be other things to look at first.
Hi there,
Thx for your reply.
What would be the other things?
Have already upgraded the whole truck (TLR Kit + Chassis).
Thx,
Best,
V
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been spinning the shafts with the pistons on them in a drill and smoothing the pistons with a piece of green Scotch-brite. It takes off less material than sanding and makes them buttery smooth.............
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I have been spinning the shafts with the pistons on them in a drill and smoothing the pistons with a piece of green Scotch-brite. It takes off less material than sanding and makes them butter smooth.............
I will have to try this "butter smooth" trick
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
Im going to try this trick for the front top plate screws. The two screws closest to the shock tower always seem to strip out on me...
Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Suspended

Thanks for the input guys! This setup is just to get the it running. I'm sure I'll be making changes down the road.(I'll be asking more questions) I just want to get this thing on the track!

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.