Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 PM
  #38131  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jeffem62 View Post
Best way to attach my RX8 to my new MIP chassis? Is double sided tape thick enough?
Use double sided tape and then put a dab of shoo-goo on the back side of the ESC. Will never move.
kcobra is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:56 PM
  #38132  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
embryoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

sorry if this has been asked already:

but how do you guys prevent the screws from stripping from the front and back gear box? some of my chassis/bumper screws no longer tighten so i assume its from the plastic gear box threads stripping. any hopups to prevent this or at least minimize this?
embryoguy is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 PM
  #38133  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Buy new gear box housings, try a 1/8 longer screw, do you use a drill?
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:31 PM
  #38134  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
embryoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

yeah i did buy a new housing but do i have to do this every several months.yeah longer screws might work. do not use a drill , maybe in screwing in to tight. thanks.
embryoguy is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 PM
  #38135  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by embryoguy View Post
yeah i did buy a new housing but do i have to do this every several months.yeah longer screws might work. do not use a drill , maybe in screwing in to tight. thanks.
Check the screws after every few runs . Once they get a little loose and one good hit to the front and they strip the housing .
Briguy is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
  #38136  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
embryoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

yeah your absolutely right BRI. i m lazy and i dont check the screws on this truck as often as i should. i wish there was a loctite for plastic!

new to hobby so lesson to learn. thanks guys. it would be nice if they made a metal housing
embryoguy is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 PM
  #38137  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by embryoguy View Post
yeah i did buy a new housing but do i have to do this every several months.yeah longer screws might work. do not use a drill , maybe in screwing in to tight. thanks.
Use 5/8 in screws and you'll be set. Just tighten them until you feel they are barely incrementally snug. (very light tightening).
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 PM
  #38138  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
chucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Use 5/8 in screws and you'll be set. Just tighten them until you feel they are barely incrementally snug. (very light tightening).
5/8 screws. use a lighter.. or torch.. heat up the screw. put a dab of Blue lock tite on it when its hot.. screw it in. it melts the diffs and the screw makes new threads. then buy a new case if screws fall out after race.
chucko is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
  #38139  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Biggie85 View Post
Hey guys, I just received my SCTE roller today, tell me what you guys think of the electronics I have to get this truck going. don't be too rough if this isn't "ideal". (Note: I'm new to off-road and SC)

Servo: Spektrum 6040
ESC: Hobbywing Xerun 80amp ESC
Motor: Tekin Pro4 4600kv
Lipo: Orion 5000mah 90c 2s

I've been told this will be fairly competitive.

Thanks!
I think that's a great setup.
goehm is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
  #38140  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
5/8 screws. use a lighter.. or torch.. heat up the screw. put a dab of Blue lock tite on it when its hot.. screw it in. it melts the diffs and the screw makes new threads. then buy a new case if screws fall out after race.
Haha just noticed your location. I justed used some 8-32 x 5/8 screws in both diff cases. No heat or loctite used and they fit perfect.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM
  #38141  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Chassis--- Stick around we just got done arguing about screws so the great chassis debate is due for another go around!
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Can we talk about shocks first again? I put my 8ight shocks on my SCTE, then put my SCTE shocks on my XXX-SCT, so that I could move my 22T shocks that I had on that to my XXX-T CR. But now I don't have any shocks for my 8ight. So I thought about buying another set of threaded XXX shocks to put on the 8ight. I figure two shocks at each corner would be good - just like they do on real trucks sometimes.

My local track has dirt and jumps - so I'm wondering if someone tell me what springs/oil/pistons I should use in each shock?

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Why not put the8ight shocks back on the 8ight , SCTE shocks on the SCTE and upgrade them , and just get another set of 22T shock or a set of XXX shocks ? Your making things way to complicated .
LOL - What?! That was a complete joke. If you don't get it, you probably haven't been reading the Losi forums closely!
goehm is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 AM
  #38142  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Hi there,
What is the main difference between the stock shock bodies vs HA ones?
Thx for the feedback,
Best,
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 05:39 AM
  #38143  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vasidudu View Post
Hi there,
What is the main difference between the stock shock bodies vs HA ones?
Thx for the feedback,
Best,
V
Probably durability and consistency. The stock bodies work really well until they wear out. Look on the inside of the shock to see if it's still all blue. If it's looking silver, then it might start binding with the piston a little or maybe getting too much play and becoming inconsistent.

I don't know if the new bodies are machined with more accurate/higher tolerances, but that's typically been the case with the replacement parts. When you upgrade the bodies, plan on putting some new pistons in as well.

It's a good upgrade when it's time, but there may be other things to look at first.
goehm is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 AM
  #38144  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Originally Posted by Biggie85 View Post
Hey guys, I just received my SCTE roller today, tell me what you guys think of the electronics I have to get this truck going. don't be too rough if this isn't "ideal". (Note: I'm new to off-road and SC)

Servo: Spektrum 6040
ESC: Hobbywing Xerun 80amp ESC
Motor: Tekin Pro4 4600kv
Lipo: Orion 5000mah 90c 2s

I've been told this will be fairly competitive.

Thanks!
That ESC is not the best choice on 2s, several people had problmes with the BEC. I'd rather get the 120A sct-pro.
Whether 5000mAh is enough depends on your driving style, track and required runtime. Otherwise looks like a good setup.

Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I have an SCTE on the way that I traded my DESC410R for, it has a BCE chassis and a few other things but what are some spares I may break? I run on a large, bumpy and loose track with huge jumps so breakage happens. Also what pinions are recommended? I have MOD1 15-17T's already.
As with any used car, check it out for worn items. For breakages I had the end of one rear cvd crack and the thread wear out on one front spindle carrier. Stock towers are prone to bending, Losi carbon is a good upgrade.
dtr is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
  #38145  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Probably durability and consistency. The stock bodies work really well until they wear out. Look on the inside of the shock to see if it's still all blue. If it's looking silver, then it might start binding with the piston a little or maybe getting too much play and becoming inconsistent.

I don't know if the new bodies are machined with more accurate/higher tolerances, but that's typically been the case with the replacement parts. When you upgrade the bodies, plan on putting some new pistons in as well.

It's a good upgrade when it's time, but there may be other things to look at first.
Hi there,
Thx for your reply.
What would be the other things?
Have already upgraded the whole truck (TLR Kit + Chassis).
Thx,
Best,
V
vasidudu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.