Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i was on the hotwire and i didnt see motor start power?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Change the version on it from 223 to 212 or vise versa
Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

ok ill downgrade it right now
Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
i was on the hotwire and i didnt see motor start power?
You should really start over on this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sc-thread.html

We should stick to losi scte semi specific in this thread. With so much useful info in here, we make it harder for others to find info by making non losi scte semi specific posts.

Did hacker ever release that part everybody was asking for?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

ok sorry about getting off track alittle. this is my primary thread i have up on my cpu so this is where i went to first...

anyways my SCTE center driveshafts are wobbling pretty good out of the box. i called losi and i talked to a guy who races an SCTE professionally and he told me its normal. but mine has quite a bit of motion almost like the center is warped... my buddies doesnt do it either.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mamyllyn
Hello,
I would need to get ONLY pivot balls to my servo arms link`s both ends (not the full set LOSBXXX)

Can this be found?
Dude come on ,return some alum cans and get the whole set

Originally Posted by Fabulous
Now that the 22SCT is out could the TLR-SCTE be next?
Man that's an old post glad some peeps are actually reading from the front!!

Originally Posted by Stuntbikemike
You should really start over on this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sc-thread.html

We should stick to losi scte semi specific in this thread. With so much useful info in here, we make it harder for others to find info by making non losi scte semi specific posts.

Did hacker ever release that part everybody was asking for?
Really????Should it be just chassis debates and how long it takes to get cheap batteries from china??? This thread is here for ALL to help them with any thing that relates to their SCTE,the motor they use, the speedo they use and troubles they may have !Why? Because others are running that set up or have and may have run into the same issues and found an answer!!
Oh yah.Forgot I was gonna mention something about the motor I had to switch to for the final race of our 5 week series, since spinning the can on my pr0-4. OR is this gonna be some other thread that I could give a Rats about ???(Right) Had a friend give me a novak 4.5 to run(Good Friend for sure) and threw it in for wed night practice to sort it out,Hated it LOL My truck is running 6 lbs ready to run and the big 550 can threw my weight off so much it changed dramatically the way the truck handled for sure! It had plenty of grunt but really drove much different.May have to pony up before tomorrow night and get another 4600 or just throw in the CC 1410 We will see!!Cheers!!!P.S. love spell check!!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar

Really????Should it be just chassis debates and how long it takes to get cheap batteries from china??? This thread is here for ALL to help them with any thing that relates to their SCTE,the motor they use, the speedo they use and troubles they may have !Why? Because others are running that set up or have and may have run into the same issues and found an answer!!
Oh yah.Forgot I was gonna mention something about the motor I had to switch to for the final race of our 5 week series, since spinning the can on my pr0-4. OR is this gonna be some other thread that I could give a Rats about ???(Right) Had a friend give me a novak 4.5 to run(Good Friend for sure) and threw it in for wed night practice to sort it out,Hated it LOL My truck is running 6 lbs ready to run and the big 550 can threw my weight off so much it changed dramatically the way the truck handled for sure! It had plenty of grunt but really drove much different.May have to pony up before tomorrow night and get another 4600 or just throw in the CC 1410 We will see!!Cheers!!!P.S. love spell check!!!!!

+1

The question/discussion was about the electronics in his SCTE. Totally relevant. If I don't want to read it, I scroll down. Pretty easy.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any real world views on the Trinity Revtech 4800kv motor?? what is it like compared to the Tenshock 411 4600kv? I know there is a big price difference, but that doesnt have anything to do with performance
Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Any real world views on the Trinity Revtech 4800kv motor?? what is it like compared to the Tenshock 411 4600kv? I know there is a big price difference, but that doesnt have anything to do with performance
I have that motor, I can't really compare it the the sc411 and I haven't finished my scte build yet so I can't comment on how it performs in the Losi. However, I had the motor in my DESC410r. The Trinity Revtech motor is INSANE! It has quite a bit more snort than the pro4 4600 and seems to run about 10* cooler geared the exact same as the pro4 4600.

With that being said, if you need bearings, want to talk to a customer service rep or have some kind of issue, you'll quickly wish you had a Tekin!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
I have that motor, I can't really compare it the the sc411 and I haven't finished my scte build yet so I can't comment on how it performs in the Losi. However, I had the motor in my DESC410r. The Trinity Revtech motor is INSANE! It has quite a bit more snort than the pro4 4600 and seems to run about 10* cooler geared the exact same as the pro4 4600.

With that being said, if you need bearings, want to talk to a customer service rep or have some kind of issue, you'll quickly wish you had a Tekin!

Local buddy ran the 4800 for a Couple days and actually thermalled his RX8 a couple time's and was forced to gear down. So different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I got a box of parts today, everything I need to build a brand new set of shocks. I got the HA bodies, bleeder caps, TiN shafts, and 22 o-rings. The bleeder caps are really nice. They made bleeding the shocks a joy. The new shocks are so much smoother than my old worn out set.

I've been thinking about my rear end traction problems. On my Tekno buggy it was suggested to run 1 degree of Anti-squat. It made the car transfer traction back under power, but also made it less likely to snap out coming off power. This seems like the cure to my issues. Are any of you running 1 degree?

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_0187.jpg  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I have mine set up like that but with the m2c pistons and they are night n day compared to the stock shocks, gta go 5 weight heavier with the oils though, sooo smoooooth!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Dude come on ,return some alum cans and get the whole set

Man that's an old post glad some peeps are actually reading from the front!!

I agree with you but I didnt want to make a fuss about it, plus it actually helped me out because now I'm getting help from randy pike who I'm pretty sure works for tekin and he knows all
Old 08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Chassis help

I run a rx8 pro 4 -4600 some long jumps. Not real big. But not all small lol. What chassis do you guys think is best. Im looking at the combo at nitro house which they are out off. Please help. Thank you. And any other upgrades
Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revo Dan
I run a rx8 pro 4 -4600 some long jumps. Not real big. But not all small lol. What chassis do you guys think is best. Im looking at the combo at nitro house which they are out off. Please help. Thank you. And any other upgrades
BCE, bump, kingheadz, TLR. they're all good options. i chose the BCE because i like that there is no annodizing to wear off and i'd rather support a smaller guy than a bigger company. i have been very happy with my BCE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.