Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BADxDREAMS
Hi guys about a year into rc and I want to start racing and like the SCTE. So my question is what motor and esc are you all using? I will being racing it in a 4wd Sct class of course and have no limit on motor or esc. In price I want to be under 250 in the motor and esc. I know I am leaning towards the MMP for the esc. Please any sugession are appereciated. Thanks
Originally Posted by scracer68
Hobbywing Xerun SC pro esc
Hobbywing Xerun 4000kv 4 pole sc motor
As good if not better than anything out there.
Originally Posted by scracer68
Thats less than $200 for both I think, check here.
http://www.falconsekido.com/
+1

This setup is much better than the Castle MMP, it's going to be night/day smoother than anything you can do with the Castle MMP. There's 2 flavors of motors for 2cell, 4000 and 4700... the 4000 is going to be smoother and you'll probably drive laps faster than the 4700 (which is technically faster, just less control).
Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'd recommend the 4700 kv 4 pole HW. As fat as the SCTE is the extra power is needed over the 400 kv, IMO. As was recommended, the Xerun SC Pro ESC is a good one. The below ESC seems to get good recommendations also:

http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_113.html
Old 07-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
+1

This setup is much better than the Castle MMP, it's going to be night/day smoother than anything you can do with the Castle MMP. There's 2 flavors of motors for 2cell, 4000 and 4700... the 4000 is going to be smoother and you'll probably drive laps faster than the 4700 (which is technically faster, just less control).
+2

I run the SCT Pro and the 4700kv and its great...just tooling around the house and running it hard and doin speed runs(creates heat) and my motor has never been over 160* and 140* at our track.

And their customer support is pretty good, very pleased with them!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

The big bores from the 8ight work great on the high grip astro, grass and carpet circuits we have here in the uk. They are much more stable/controllable than the standard shocks and the setup range is greatly opened up. I have made a new front shock tower to lower the ride height and i use the 8T 2.0 tower via the dremel on the rear. I have some front towers avaliable if anybody is interested, just pm me and i can send some more details and pictures. I can't upload pictures at the moment, but feel free to send me a pm and then i can email pictures.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Just got home from the track after running my MIP SCTE. The race was rained out but did have a chance to run the truck in 1 qual before the rain came down.

The truck is DIALED. Turned on a dime, rotates a little too much, but im sure i can fix that. The truck flies WONDERFULLY. The nose is lighter now, by A LOT. You can feel it that its much easier to correct in the air.

Im using Matt's setup and its perfect for my track. I am at 553, where his setup calls for 573. I might try the 7k in the center later on.

The kit is the real deal, completely changes the scte from what you know it as now. It stills feels planted but its almost a half a pound lighter.

Minus a few small issues with the install and the fit of some of the parts, the truck is great.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Just got home from the track after running my MIP SCTE. The race was rained out but did have a chance to run the truck in 1 qual before the rain came down.

The truck is DIALED. Turned on a dime, rotates a little too much, but im sure i can fix that. The truck flies WONDERFULLY. The nose is lighter now, by A LOT. You can feel it that its much easier to correct in the air.

Im using Matt's setup and its perfect for my track. I am at 553, where his setup calls for 573. I might try the 7k in the center later on.

The kit is the real deal, completely changes the scte from what you know it as now. It stills feels planted but its almost a half a pound lighter.

Minus a few small issues with the install and the fit of some of the parts, the truck is great.
Awesome, I'm really wanting to try it out.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

oh and was wanting to to be sensored my bad
The Hobbywing esc and motor I listed are sensored.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
XOXO
Old 07-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking for glitch solutions on the losi scte, we have two in about ten run around here that have a glitching prob I cant fix. I have changed everything electronic on both cars, motors speed controls servos recievers transmitters transponders servos glitch busters and no help, have taken componets off cars that work fine and they glitch on these two chassis. Any guys out there seen anything like this?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by reddishdsb
Looking for glitch solutions on the losi scte, we have two in about ten run around here that have a glitching prob I cant fix. I have changed everything electronic on both cars, motors speed controls servos recievers transmitters transponders servos glitch busters and no help, have taken componets off cars that work fine and they glitch on these two chassis. Any guys out there seen anything like this?
I had glitching problems, what esc/motor/servo are you running?

I used a Castle Creations BEC, bout 25 bucks and it fixed my problem.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by reddishdsb
Run a CC BEC.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420

Curious about your "completely changes" comment. I wonder just how much can be changed and still be called an SCTE...hmmm
Old 07-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys about a year into rc and I want to start racing and like the SCTE. So my question is what motor and esc are you all using? I will being racing it in a 4wd Sct class of course and have no limit on motor or esc. In price I want to be under 250 in the motor and esc. I know I am leaning towards the MMP for the esc. Please any sugession are appereciated. Thanks
Viper Copperhead...Under $150 and every bit as fast.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

for those running the nanotech packs...if im looking to get bullets do you kno if the port on the battery will handle a 18mm long bullet plug?
Would like to get the longest that fits so there is more surface area for the connections

AND....if you didnt know they are back in stock in the US
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

question for you guys in the know about electronics. I run a RX8 and pro 4 4600 in my scte. I have been running the nanotech 6000 and 6600 batteries. Every so often the wire un-solders itself from the plug that goes into the battery, actually melts the solder. The battery terminals have also gotten hot and melted the plastic case on the battery, not all the way through the plastic but enough to bulge a little in the plastic case. When I run the truck, the motor never gets above 165-170 degrees and the truck has plenty of power and runs fine.

any ideas? I know plenty of guys run these batteries but I have not seen anyone local to me have this issue. Im about to try a better battery in hopes that maybe my system is just drawing more than these batteries can deliver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.