Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Some say the ball cups dont pop off and some say they do pop off like the post b4 this one grrrr so what ball cups would be a direct replacent? Would i have to replace the ball studs also?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

This car is really a piece of art, I love the layout and design, everything is centered, But why not a CF chassis? I bet if someone designed a CF chassis for this car they would sell like hot cakes.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel
Hey! If you were out there wednesday I was running my Dex. I finally got some laps on it.

The aluminum front hingepin holders are a MUST

IRCR likes Losi BK rears and taper pins in the pink compound. I run pro-line suburb clays also.

I'm running dark green springs front, light green springs rear, losi 25f 30r, rear shocks one out from furthest in, 10k front 5k rear diff... some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting but it was pretty hooked up. My rod ends keep popping off though.
Glad It's working for you. I'm back in Abilene now, class is over. Awsome track though, you guys are lucky.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn
I've had my full spec DEX410 for about a year now. And like you for ages I was fighting the temp beast..
6 months ago I got fed up with running high temps all the time so I sat down to try and sort it out and what I found was there are several areas which may be "binding"
1. CVDs: make sure the threadlock you use isn't causing the CVDs to be even the slightest bit stiff. I currently run a bicycle chain lube in all my cvds. I spray a bit in before each race.

2. Diffs: take them out and turn them with your hand close to your ear. they should run quiet without ANY grinding noise at all. The metal gears take forever to wear down, so any high point will cause heat in your motor and ESC.

3. Spur: I'm not sure how you normally run your mesh in other cars, but In a 44 I would run fairly close tolerances. In the Rango, I run pretty loose.

4. Check bearings regularly

After checking all of these areas meticulously, I now run my Rango with a 21/87 or 22/87 gearing with LRP X12 4.5 & a Tekin RSPro v208.
It's crazy fast, but I can run a whole pack through it and the motor will be about 65ish*C and the ESC will have 6/7 lights flashing occasionally I might catch a glimpse of all 7 lights flashing for a sec then back to 6.
The soldering posts measure high 60*C.

Hope this helps.

PS. It's often said that the Rango is a "noisy" car. If this is the case, then there is some binding going on.
My Rango is now no louder than my B44.

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting anyone run 4.5T in their DEX410, I just like the amount of power. Most guys I know who own a DEX410 are running 7.5, 6.5 or 5.5 motors..

Cheers
LJ
Good insight, I am curious what kind of bearings you guys have been using. I have heard the ones that come with the kits aren't too great. I would think metal shielded would have the least amount of resistance.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Good insight, I am curious what kind of bearings you guys have been using. I have heard the ones that come with the kits aren't too great. I would think metal shielded would have the least amount of resistance.
Thats a good question on bearings, what is the best balance of durability and cost? Not looking for "ceramic all the way, you get what you pay". Or is that really the truth about bearings. Reason is as tight as most of them fit I cant imagine any of them coming of in a reusable condition!
Old 08-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Avid, $1 a pop. I'd rather replace a bearing 10 times than pay $10 each.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

the truth about bearings is that if the bearings is in a location where it gets lots of load then ceramic is hands down superior. they're soooo much more durable it's ridiculous.

However, some areas don't really receive much load, and so even steel bearings will last for a long time.

Just ask pan car guys how much longer a ceramic bearing lasts in the diff hub compared to even the best steel bearing..it's because that bearing is so sideloaded that it sees tons of wear, and steel just cant cope.
I doubt the durango has anything that loaded....
Old 08-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone else think Durango's price for Ti turnbuckles is a bit excessive at $25 a pair? that's $75 to outfit the car. All the other prices on parts are fine, if not a bit lower than expected, but those turnbuckles
Old 08-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Anyone else think Durango's price for Ti turnbuckles is a bit excessive at $25 a pair? that's $75 to outfit the car. All the other prices on parts are fine, if not a bit lower than expected, but those turnbuckles
Maybe Lunsford will come out with a set.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Maybe Lunsford will come out with a set.
They don't have a set yet but I just bought 3 pairs of 1 3/4" turnbuckles to make my own set. Cost me $40 after shipping from Horizon.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its getting close, just gotta figure out the ball cups. Cant wait for next weekend!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ABBOTT

Its getting close, just gotta figure out the ball cups. Cant wait for next weekend!
ive got the ball cups figured out according to oople forum,where did you get your durango from abbott? and whats next weekend?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
ive got the ball cups figured out according to oople forum,where did you get your durango from abbott? and whats next weekend?
The rumor mill has it that SMAC it running this coming Sat.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
What ballcups and balls are people running?

I need a diff ring gear.. the 3 missing teeth are now about 8-12 missing teeth.

If someone has one I'll gladly buy it off them.

I need to get this ballcup issue and a ring gear and I'll be set. This thing is a beast and I don't even have it running or set up right.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aradaiel
What ballcups and balls are people running?

I need a diff ring gear.. the 3 missing teeth are now about 8-12 missing teeth.

If someone has one I'll gladly buy it off them.

I need to get this ballcup issue and a ring gear and I'll be set. This thing is a beast and I don't even have it running or set up right.
Rpm ballcups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.