Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Get the aluminum suspension holders as the upgrade. The plastic suspension holders are a known problem that almost everyone as broke. The diff hoops are a nice upgrade to keep the driveline in-line but not necessary.
The V3 comes with aluminum holders already... Just build that thing out the box an you will be good. The diff loops and bellcrank from Tresrey are a nice add-on if you want some funtional bling
Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lockmouth
The V3 comes with aluminum holders already... Just build that thing out the box an you will be good. The diff loops and bellcrank from Tresrey are a nice add-on if you want some funtional bling
If you are referring to the rear uprights which hold the diff in place, the V3 is still plastic on this part. The aluminum is the anti-squat adjustment brace. Kind of ironic if you were referring to the uprights because of the photo above with the broken aluminum ones.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lockmouth
The 410Rv3 doesn't so I assumed maybe that is what he had. Can knock the Tresrey upgrades though!
Old 12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
If you are referring to the rear uprights which hold the diff in place, the V3 is still plastic on this part. The aluminum is the anti-squat adjustment brace. Kind of ironic if you were referring to the uprights because of the photo above with the broken aluminum ones.
No, I was talking about the inner hinge pin blocks on the DEX410 V3.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

has anyone tryed running a shorty pack versus the saddle packs? if so were any mods needed.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default V3 front wheel axle pins

Im tired of waiting to mount my new tires. I have 12mm hexes for front wheels. Will any 12mm axle pin work or do I have to use a specific brand? Do I have to run durango wheels or any 12mm buggy wheel will work (b44, etc)?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

durango pins will work but need ground down. you can use the ae nitro tc3 drive pins asc 1654 i believe is the part number. and then you can run b4/b44 wheels or the older durango wheels.You may also need the cones for the rear

Originally Posted by jayfinnRC
Im tired of waiting to mount my new tires. I have 12mm hexes for front wheels. Will any 12mm axle pin work or do I have to use a specific brand? Do I have to run durango wheels or any 12mm buggy wheel will work (b44, etc)?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default wheels

Thanks. Rears not an issue wheels are available for the 14mm just no fronts for weeks now.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jayfinnRC
Thanks. Rears not an issue wheels are available for the 14mm just no fronts for weeks now.
I am guessing if v3's are showing up soon, the wheels are probably on the same boat.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default need setup help

ran my car last night for the first time after building it. I hate to say , but it handles terriably. I'm sure it is in the setup some how. I built it according to the assembly instructions except for the big bore shocks. I had #2 pistons in the front with 40 wt losi oil and #3 pistons in the rear with 27.5 losi oil with the springs that came with them.
Basicly the car was really loose in the rear. Does anyone have a good setup for an indoor high bite track?
How do you achieve more tow in the rear wheels? It came with a 2 and 4 rear hinge pin holder but I think they are for roll center? What Rear and front rear hinge pin configuration could I use to hook the rear up.
I've been racing for years and have a B44 that is dialed. I bought the 410 because of the gear diffs. I can't beleive how bad this car is out of the box.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Are you running a V3? If you don't have big bores try this: http://www.tresrey-usa.com/content/Cush_DEX410.pdf

From the sound of it there is a pretty big difference between your front and rear oil, and as light as the rear is I would expect it to be loose. If you're running big bores try the setup above (but ignore the shock oil/pistons, spring rates are very close between the two) and take your rear oil up to 35 or 37.5. Unless your track is blown out and really rough that should help calm the rear end down some.

The rear hinge pin holders adjust anti squat and roll center. To adjust toe you need some 1 degree hubs. I believe there are plastic ones for the car, but we have only ever run the Tresrey aluminum ones on Cush's 410. They can be flipped side to side to achieve either 2 or 4 degrees of toe, depending on how you install them.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cm.stites
has anyone tryed running a shorty pack versus the saddle packs? if so were any mods needed.
I have seen Racer Russ at our track do this and believe all he added was some foam on the sides . . .
Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CTEKTOOL
ran my car last night for the first time after building it. I hate to say , but it handles terriably. I'm sure it is in the setup some how. I built it according to the assembly instructions except for the big bore shocks. I had #2 pistons in the front with 40 wt losi oil and #3 pistons in the rear with 27.5 losi oil with the springs that came with them.
Basicly the car was really loose in the rear. Does anyone have a good setup for an indoor high bite track?
How do you achieve more tow in the rear wheels? It came with a 2 and 4 rear hinge pin holder but I think they are for roll center? What Rear and front rear hinge pin configuration could I use to hook the rear up.
I've been racing for years and have a B44 that is dialed. I bought the 410 because of the gear diffs. I can't beleive how bad this car is out of the box.
My experience has been the opposite. My car handled well out of the box, and with a recommended set up for my type o track, I was a contender on the first night of racing. Btw I did not see Losi oil mentioned in the manual. When you say out of the box are you referring to one of the online set ups? If so which one?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I am guessing if v3's are showing up soon, the wheels are probably on the same boat.
Just back ordered V3s and wheels are coming . Other then that they are on back order again , imagine that ! Not sure if it is a Durango deal pr HRP but it really sucks when you can`t get wheels and bodies for the V3 and 210 .
Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Just back ordered V3s and wheels are coming . Other then that they are on back order again , imagine that ! Not sure if it is a Durango deal pr HRP but it really sucks when you can`t get wheels and bodies for the V3 and 210 .
Leisure Hours has a ton of 14mm front hex wheels- at least 20 pair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.