Old 10-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

If that happens, then just shorten the rear camber link ;P
Old 10-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zachattak
If that happens, then just shorten the rear camber link ;P
its more than that, and other way around.... run the +5mm chassis once and you'll see, it takes a few tweaks... gotta make the wheel base as short as possible and change a few other things..
Old 10-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Obviously, so i thought. Sorry about that.

But last race meet, i in fact shortened my link to eliminate an unsteady rear end. Thats just what it did, and i dropped my lap time??

Was just going off experience
The hudy setup book says otherwise, so i guess im just not one to be normal haha.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:04 AM
6T
Tech Rookie

jp the use of the mugen mbx6t rear shock tower will this help with the rear stability
Old 10-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default allrrigghtt

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
its more than that, and other way around.... run the +5mm chassis once and you'll see, it takes a few tweaks... gotta make the wheel base as short as possible and change a few other things..
Your alright Mr. Maxey...

One of the first changes I made to the long chassis was to move the rear hubs forward. I did leave the thinnest shim in the front, but i also moved the a arm forward too. You know that clip shim on the inside hinge pin. It really made that chassis awesome...
Old 10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Yup, was the first thing i did. I also found that on my track, as it is fairly loose and VERY inconsistant and bumpy, that spacing the front a-arm forward, to get the most verticle position possible helped keep the steering consistant and predictable.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i've been running the +5 for a while on 4 different tracks. here's what i've found:

one of the tracks (the biggest, with the widest lanes) it ran great with the long rear brace. very predictable, but with that brace, i could only run certain tires.

my wheelbase is forward, with only 1of the thinnest shims in front of the rear hub carrier.

i switched to the shorter rear brace from the kit, and it was money everywhere. camber links are lowest on the tower, and long, unless i want more rotation out of the rear, then i'll go center hole. i can use big or small pin tires. all of this with the forward battery make it very easy to drive, and my lap times are much better than at the start of the season. my diffs are 7-7-5. shocks laid down.

i only have about 4 tanks on the new springs, and it was at the smallest of the tracks, (SRS in scottsdale) and it felt really good, but i didn't put my short track setup on the car, so i won't know until i get back out to fear farm. Clunk tank mod this week, looking forward to the nitro challenge warm up race in 2 weeks
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can u pm me ur set up sheets for large and small tracks. The biggest track i run is revelation and smallest is about a quarter of that or so. I run stock chassis right now but im planning on getyin the r and would like some sheets prior experiences on longer chassis.
Originally Posted by BigNasty
i've been running the +5 for a while on 4 different tracks. here's what i've found:

one of the tracks (the biggest, with the widest lanes) it ran great with the long rear brace. very predictable, but with that brace, i could only run certain tires.

my wheelbase is forward, with only 1of the thinnest shims in front of the rear hub carrier.

i switched to the shorter rear brace from the kit, and it was money everywhere. camber links are lowest on the tower, and long, unless i want more rotation out of the rear, then i'll go center hole. i can use big or small pin tires. all of this with the forward battery make it very easy to drive, and my lap times are much better than at the start of the season. my diffs are 7-7-5. shocks laid down.

i only have about 4 tanks on the new springs, and it was at the smallest of the tracks, (SRS in scottsdale) and it felt really good, but i didn't put my short track setup on the car, so i won't know until i get back out to fear farm. Clunk tank mod this week, looking forward to the nitro challenge warm up race in 2 weeks
Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'll get it to you in the next day or so.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
i'll get it to you in the next day or so.
Ok cool! Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hey guys,

This weekend i make some test to fix my issue on the rear.

So definitively i fix that using the long wheelbase and put one hole inside on the rear tower.

The car push now on the front but it's definitevely more stable on the rear.

My diff setup is 7-5-2 and is better as 10-10-5 for me.

Now my issue is, on-power, the rear tend to pass on the front.

I mean off power, the car is perfectly confortable, but on power, the rear start to drift.

I had before an MP9, i found the perfect balance with it to push hard and be fast.

But now with the MBX6, i feel like i run a 2WD ...

What i can do to fix that ?

overdrive?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xchange
Hey guys,

This weekend i make some test to fix my issue on the rear.

So definitively i fix that using the long wheelbase and put one hole inside on the rear tower.

The car push now on the front but it's definitevely more stable on the rear.

My diff setup is 7-5-2 and is better as 10-10-5 for me.

Now my issue is, on-power, the rear tend to pass on the front.

I mean off power, the car is perfectly confortable, but on power, the rear start to drift.

I had before an MP9, i found the perfect balance with it to push hard and be fast.

But now with the MBX6, i feel like i run a 2WD ...

What i can do to fix that ?

overdrive?
Try and increase the front ride height, if that doesnt help, try and run a softer spring, or drop your rear shock oil weight.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

humm not sure.. if i reduce the oil weight in the rear, all the mass transfert on power should go on the rear. this is exactly what i dont want. i want to keep front traction. so may be using same oil on front and rear...
Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xchange
humm not sure.. if i reduce the oil weight in the rear, all the mass transfert on power should go on the rear. this is exactly what i dont want. i want to keep front traction. so may be using same oil on front and rear...
If you're having oversteer on power, you want more grip in the rear. Try long camberlinks, more droop and a shorter wheelbase.

Btw, please post you're current setup sheet.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Okay, but what i dont understand is all the setup i founded used the intermediate hole on the rear hub. It's what i use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.