Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Actually, if Tamiya would mandate a home grown brushless fixed-timing ESC, we'd be racing with an RPM variance of just the motor manufacturer's tolerances. That would be a far cry from the all out RPM war zone that is today's ESC product marketplace. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the new ESCs, but I also don't think the TCS series is an appropriate venue for them. I'd be happy to run a Tamiya fixed-timing ESC at TCS events.
Tamiya does have their own system. It's the 12T brushless sensorless system and was the "spec" motor / esc that was used in the TAC Hong Kong series this year. It was their high end class. Oh yeah, and tub chassis only and a spec stick pack battery. Since Novak discontinued their fixed timing 17.5 motor, I would think GT-2 17.5 will go the way of 13.5 in GT-1, any ROAR spec legal motor.

Yup, the North American Champs are in Japan. Timmy called just before he left. Timmy, Lee and Michael, good luck to all three of you. Have fun, enjoy the sites, buy lots of stuff at the Tamiya store at the track and have a great time representing North America !
Old 11-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation The Japan experience!

Hey Kevin,
Picked up a lot of TRF tools for u and Tony.Not a lot of limited edition bodies or stickers or green of black aluminum. Didn't see the Corolla body you wanted or the anodized blue of black mount for the V2. We did find and old F1 body and stickers. Timmy is doing well he was 3rd for a while but is now 6th but we have one more qual tomorrow and hoping for a little luck to put us up to 3rd for the mains. Lot of great deals with the coupons we got. Of coarse me and Timmy are fighting over who gets to use the coupons!
As for the race Lee and Michael are struggling a bit but with help they might have a chance at the "A" main in their class.
Japanese food is actually very good and have tried a variety of dishes but not sushi. if it aint cooked I'm not eating it!
All the Tamiya officials here are very helpful and treat all of us like kings, I can't say enough of how well we are treated even the parents of the racers.
Timmy and me are going out as much as we can after racing and dinner to see the sights in the city. Seems liked we walked for miles each day.
I will try to update tomorrow if anything is worth mentioning.
Later
Max
Old 11-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Hey Kevin,
Picked up a lot of TRF tools for u and Tony.Not a lot of limited edition bodies
Max
Wow Max! Sounds like a good time. As we all are very jealous, good luck to timmy and enjoy most of it. Amazing how life works huh! Timmy in 3rd... amazing if he pulls it off, or even... Wooooooow!
Tell timmy not to forget his friend. LOL!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Kevin,
Picked up a lot of TRF tools for u and Tony.Not a lot of limited edition bodies or stickers or green of black aluminum. Didn't see the Corolla body you wanted or the anodized blue of black mount for the V2. We did find and old F1 body and stickers. Timmy is doing well he was 3rd for a while but is now 6th but we have one more qual tomorrow and hoping for a little luck to put us up to 3rd for the mains. Lot of great deals with the coupons we got. Of coarse me and Timmy are fighting over who gets to use the coupons!
As for the race Lee and Michael are struggling a bit but with help they might have a chance at the "A" main in their class.
Japanese food is actually very good and have tried a variety of dishes but not sushi. if it aint cooked I'm not eating it!
All the Tamiya officials here are very helpful and treat all of us like kings, I can't say enough of how well we are treated even the parents of the racers.
Timmy and me are going out as much as we can after racing and dinner to see the sights in the city. Seems liked we walked for miles each day.
Later
Max
Go TIMMY!!!!

Steve
Old 11-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lee,

Read your Wrongplanet post today. Hang in there kid. One last chance is better than no chance. Life thows the challenge, you need to do your best to respond. You KNOW you are a hero in my book any day of the year. Keep your head up and do the best with what was dealt.

The same advice goes out to Timmy and Micheal. Embrace the moment and enjoy the ride......

I've been close in the past but you all did more than I ever have. Be certain to ENJOY!!!

USA is where it is at..... (Lee, wear the hat)

See you all at the Nats next year..... if not sooner...
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Lee-

I have been following your blog.

Enjoy your time there and make yourself proud with your last run tomorrow. You are still representing the best of best - heck there are 50 other guys in North America that didnt earn that NA title that got you to Japan.

Just finish strong and make it memorable. Have your dad take lots of pictures.

My applause to you and the rest of Team North America.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MDawson
Lee-

I have been following your blog.

Enjoy your time there and make yourself proud with your last run tomorrow. You are still representing the best of best - heck there are 50 other guys in North America that didnt earn that NA title that got you to Japan.

Just finish strong and make it memorable. Have your dad take lots of pictures.

My applause to you and the rest of Team North America.
Yeah, what he said !
Just put everything out of your mind but what counts most on the last run Lee.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Although there is still a chance for Lee if he throws together a Bonzai run and wins the final round it might sqeek him in the main then work his way up.

Still it is admirable to race against past champs who can return as many times as they want on a type of home track.

Wishing Lee, Max and Timmy all the best, fun and awesome shopping deals!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Lee,
I too have been keeping an eye on your posts on the other site, and am sorry to hear that you are struggling over there, but hopefully your last qualifier was a good one. Just remember, no shame no matter where you finish, having known you and raced against you as long as I have, I know you are giving 1000% over there. Wherever you end up , enjoy the trip and take in as much as you can, win lose or draw, its one hell of a life experience
Old 11-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Kevin,
Later
Max
Hi Max,

No problem. So, who gets the old F1 body ? Any limited edition bodies is good ! Appreciate you guys looking out for stuff. If you see a set of the black shocks, please pick me up one set if I have $$ left over. Glad to hear Timmy is doing good and sounds like you guys are enjoying your time in Japan. Look forward to lots of stories when you all are back. So, is it easy to keep track of Timmy's NSX with the bright orange on it ? I'm with you on sushi, cook or pass. Timmy is racing the finals today so good luck and enjoy your last few days in Japan.

Lee and Michael, I hope you did well in your last runs to get into the A. Enjoy the experience and remember, you are racing the best of the world ! Best of luck in your mains today.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Lee

Congrats on your 12th/13th position overall in Japan. I hope you took a lot of photos of the event!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lee,

You made it to Japan. Thats what TCS is about. Win or lose, you are still one of the best racers I ever ran against.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Lee, Just remember one thing, You got to go to Japan, that experience in itself had to have been amazing. I would love to be able to go. I hope that you had a great time over there, and I hope to see you and your Dad at Trackside sometime this winter. Congratulations Lee
Old 11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TCS finals

Anybody know where the results are posted for the TCS finals in JP?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Check it out fools!!!

Last edited by gtypecanare; 11-24-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.