Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 414MPH
For those of you who are planning to run your F-104 at this years USA TCS events just a "heads-up".

You MUST, i repeat, MUST run the electrical equipment mounting "trays" installed on the posts as per the assembly instructions. I received this information and confirmed directly with Fred Friday.

I only bring this up because I don't want anyone to be turned away from a TCS race because they do not have all the parts installed on their chassis that are now required to be deamed legal to race. The trays also dictate what batteries will fit as no lightening or material removal is allowed.

ALSO, have you read the silver can 540-J rules posted 2-17-10?

There are draconian RPM & Amp Draw limits for the 540-J's. read them @ http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...PM%20rules.pdf
Uhh.. thats why they are there marty.... you cant place electronics anywere else. and why did you have to remove them?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

double post sorry
Old 02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
fiat please. i can have a GT2 car ready for you if you like
OK let me know what I need if anything
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
Uhh.. thats why they are there marty.... you cant place electronics anywere else. and why did you have to remove them?
Christian,

Do you run the battery clips on your F-103....I think not.

I simply servo taped my electronics to my battery when I built the car and left the clumsy trays off. Simple is better in my view. they seem to not be as solidly mounted as I like my electrinics. Felt sort of back-yard basher to me.

As I stated, I didn't want anyone to have to scramble for trays. If you read the f-104 forum and look at the photos, not many cars have the trays intact. So it looks to me that most folks don't run them.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ouch!

Need an F103 gearbox for TCS this weekend.
Of course really only need the left side and the cross piece to mount the friction plate.
Can't find em anywhere.

Also need a front upright/spring post (3 clip grooves).

Any tips or help would of course be greatly appreciated!

Hey Fred, you sure we can't run the F104 gearbox on the 103?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
you dont know him very well now do you?
at least half of the TCS rulebook has been somehow influenced or just outright written because of something that Marty tried
I believe at one point one of the rules read
" If Marty can think it up, it will be deemed illegal"
Old 02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Christian,

Do you run the battery clips on your F-103....I think not.

I simply servo taped my electronics to my battery when I built the car and left the clumsy trays off. Simple is better in my view. they seem to not be as solidly mounted as I like my electrinics. Felt sort of back-yard basher to me.

As I stated, I didn't want anyone to have to scramble for trays. If you read the f-104 forum and look at the photos, not many cars have the trays intact. So it looks to me that most folks don't run them.
Well... battery trays are not the same and was just wondering how you would get electronics on, but now i get it
Old 02-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zangonli
I would like to run the race next weekend in Aliso Viejo, CA but don't have a decent set of tamiya 24mm mesh wheels and tires (I think the b compound tires and don't know which inserts...) Can I buy these at the track?

Thanks.

Farzad
Try speedtechrc.com
Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by downtempo
Sooo, I went to look to see what I had spare on the motor pod (thinking I had plenty and all I needed to run TCS was the non-drive side bearing holder) BUT it seems I gave away all my wing AND friction plate mounts over the course of racing and helping people out. Glad I looked, now I know I am screwed.
No TCS for me.

Dude, don't give up yet, I'm not.

I'm hopin some of these F103 Veterans will step up and help out during the current gearbox drought.

Maybe Fred will even allow us to run the F104 gearbox as an emergency measure since the parts are so scarce.
If he has to say no I understand but there's no advantage to using it other than the fact that they don't explode on impact.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

cuda YGPM?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! I bought a Tekin RS, the Hotwire adapter, and loaded the v203 software......BUT I'M STILL GETTING OUT-DRIVEN!!! I thought the Tekin GUARANTEED you a win???

Having fun here in Omaha! The race is going smooth, and there hasn't been any cheese and WHINE that I can find.

Please step away from the keyboard and grab a radio. That is the best therapy I can recommend for ESC and silvercan envy.
Did you wind it up all the way?!?!?!?!?!

Great job getting both cars in the A
Old 02-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugrat
Did you wind it up all the way?!?!?!?!?!

Great job getting both cars in the A
Thanks!

Yeah, the car was faster than MY reflexes!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Another awesome event...Tim put on a hell of a show. Everything went super smooth and the racing was great!

Eric had the M04 dialed in and although we had a glimpse a couple times...he ran away with it! If only I had settled on my M05 earlier as it is now a rocket...too little to late!

Jim in GT3 was in a class of his own. That car was the most dialed GT3 carpet setup Ive seen or driven.

We all had an awesome time with lots more memories and lessons learned! Thanks to all that came out!

On a side note: I am retiring from rc...Omaha was the last hoorah. I had an awesome time meeting and racing with lots of other TCSers. If anyone needs any stuff...mine will all be listed soon...thanks for the memories!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default TCS at Frederick March 7

FYI, anyboby coming from out of town that is going to run are Senior Spec exhibition class, need to check in for roll call on are local thread .To help secure a spot. Spots are limited. Also you cannot run both Novice Spec and Senior Spec ,you must choose one.

Rules and details are on are local thread. "Coliseum at Hobbytown USA"
Old 02-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Christian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.