Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just waiting for rules on F1....
Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation TRIP To Japan

I wonder if F1 is going to be one of the classes to go to Japan for 2010?
Right now it's only a rumor. If so, what class do you think will get cut from the trip to you know where?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I think F1 will be a trip class....its whats big in Japan...
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It could be interesting to have 2 F1 classes.
Like stock rubber and BL foam.
I bet there would be quite a few people who would do both.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A-Ko
It could be interesting to have 2 F1 classes.
Like stock rubber and BL foam.
I bet there would be quite a few people who would do both.
But there can't b a tamiya rubber for TCS because tamiya doesn't make rubber tires at least i dont think they do. Also if they did have one good luck finding tamiya rubbers
Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51399
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51400

All in all, foam tire = real men
Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
It only takes about $30 in parts to make an IFS car, and that is if you go with the fancy blue rocker arms. I think GT2 was the best of the 3 sedan classes, at least at the race I went to.
Not quite, as I was told by someone who tried converting a v.1 TA05 into an IFS that he also had to convert the drivetrain(the bigger diff pulleys & center pulleys & maybe new belts), as well as upgrading the suspension to the lightweight reversible stuff. DEFINITELY more than $30(which is why in the end I decided to just buy the '05v.2). But I agree that it was a bit of a bummer that I couldn't run GT2 this past season, since I didn't yet have an IFS car, nor a legal 17.5 motor(which I think needs to be rethought, since I later discovered that a number of 17.5's have mechanically locked timing, even the Speed passion V2 series, & there's also the matter of ESC's with adjustable & dynamic timing advance). I hope they'll straighten the class out to make it easier on everyone(& do it soon so I can buy an extra 17.5)....
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

If we were allowed to use the F103GT chassis you could run any Tamiya rubber tire.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Not quite, as I was told by someone who tried converting a v.1 TA05 into an IFS that he also had to convert the drivetrain(the bigger diff pulleys & center pulleys & maybe new belts), as well as upgrading the suspension to the lightweight reversible stuff. DEFINITELY more than $30(which is why in the end I decided to just buy the '05v.2). But I agree that it was a bit of a bummer that I couldn't run GT2 this past season, since I didn't yet have an IFS car, nor a legal 17.5 motor(which I think needs to be rethought, since I later discovered that a number of 17.5's have mechanically locked timing, even the Speed passion V2 series, & there's also the matter of ESC's with adjustable & dynamic timing advance). I hope they'll straighten the class out to make it easier on everyone(& do it soon so I can buy an extra 17.5)....
If you had a TA05 R, I believe it already has the reversible suspension, at which point you only need the parts tree that has the front bulkhead, and also comes with the rocker arms if you dont want to shell out for the blue ones.The drivetrain is not absolutely necessary, I am still running the original widepitch pulleys on my car. My TA05 started life as a TA04 and then to an IFS. Not sure if I will convert it to a V2 or just buy a V2 kit.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

nor a legal 17.5 motor(which I think needs to be rethought, since I later discovered that a number of 17.5's have mechanically locked timing, even the Speed passion V2 series, & there's also the matter of ESC's with adjustable & dynamic timing advance). I hope they'll straighten the class out to make it easier on everyone(& do it soon so I can buy an extra 17.5)....
a legal 17.5 motor? novak and LRP are readily available. not sure what you mean. it was limited to two motors so tech was easier.

as for "dynamic timing advance" ESCs... GOOOOOD LUCK trying to tech that.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

[QUOTE=robk
All in all, foam tire = real men[/QUOTE]

That's how I roll.

You see me rollin, they hatin.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hebiki
a legal 17.5 motor? novak and LRP are readily available. not sure what you mean. it was limited to two motors so tech was easier.

as for "dynamic timing advance" ESCs... GOOOOOD LUCK trying to tech that.
Then you must not have seen much of Speed Passion's motors, because theirs are also mechanically locked(there's nothing to adjust, they only go together one way, & that keeps it at 12 degrees, no more, no less). Speed Passion designed them so if you use any timing advance you'll ONLY do it through the ESC, so by Tamiya's original intent it should also be allowed(but of course, it wasn't). And now of course, we have Novak's new Ballistic series motors, which I'd LOVE to buy, but since it does have mechanically adjustable timing, I doubt Tamiya'd allow it(though again, with so many ESC's now sporting timing advance, I don't think that should matter anymore). And I could really use an extra 17.5, but I'd like to be sure that it's TCS-legal for 2010 before I plunk down my money(& right now there's no guarantee of ANYTHING for GT2 since they haven't said a word for a few months now)....
Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Then you must not have seen much of Speed Passion's motors, because theirs are also mechanically locked(there's nothing to adjust, they only go together one way, & that keeps it at 12 degrees, no more, no less). Speed Passion designed them so if you use any timing advance you'll ONLY do it through the ESC, so by Tamiya's original intent it should also be allowed(but of course, it wasn't). And now of course, we have Novak's new Ballistic series motors, which I'd LOVE to buy, but since it does have mechanically adjustable timing, I doubt Tamiya'd allow it(though again, with so many ESC's now sporting timing advance, I don't think that should matter anymore). And I could really use an extra 17.5, but I'd like to be sure that it's TCS-legal for 2010 before I plunk down my money(& right now there's no guarantee of ANYTHING for GT2 since they haven't said a word for a few months now)....
Word on the street is that the rules are coming soon as well as a schedule, remember its not even Thanksgiving and the Worlds aren't for another week. IMO as long as things are somewhat nailed down by early December its all good, cuz you know the season wont start till probably February.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mugen_wonderboi
But there can't b a tamiya rubber for TCS because tamiya doesn't make rubber tires at least i dont think they do. Also if they did have one good luck finding tamiya rubbers
The newest F1 (I don't think it released yet) shows rubber tires... thanks robk for the link.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

oh it blows that we were limited to two.. but i get their point about limiting the motors. with limited manpower, the easier it is to tech. the better. but then again that means there's only two motors we had to test to see which one was faster

dont forget... AE supports LRP very well here in socal as well as Novak HQ being here.

and yes i do have Speed Passion motors. i dont necessarily think they're faster... but if the support is limited, why bother? I think SP is supported by Schumacher USA, barely at that.

i HOPE similar rules apply.. preferably 1 locked timing motor. one less thing to worry about in the equation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.