Old 12-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

ON what an MLP chassis?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Yup....
Old 12-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have to say, Tamiya is really 'blowing it'. very little parts availability for the 103GT's, except out of Japan, of course. No heat sinks, no bodies, and oh yeah...NO RULES!

and what about those discontinued F103 parts? will they be legal to run on the F103GT's?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DISH
I have to say, Tamiya is really 'blowing it'. very little parts availability for the 103GT's, except out of Japan, of course. No heat sinks, no bodies, and oh yeah...NO RULES!

and what about those discontinued F103 parts? will they be legal to run on the F103GT's?
Yeah, I mean what the f!#k !!! I would love to post pics of my Courage Porsche, but I cant, why? because there are no Courage B parts available anywhere. Before we get the speech about planning ahead, take note that it is 2 MONTHS till the first race and we have the same b.s.. I have really tried to be patient, give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but someone is dickin the dog big time. I will gladly pay Tamiya full retail for those parts when they get here, trouble is, can't get an ETA for them. Meanwhile I'm stuck running a body thats at least a second off the pace if not more. Happy F@#$*n New Year!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It is great to see this much passion and interest for the next years rules but really - I hardly think that it is the company's master plan to steer their customers wrong.

I have been following this thread for the past four months- read post after post, rarely to find anything positive.

Truth is, as someone might be sitting, waiting and praying to the preverbial Tamiya god - rest assure that someone else has taken a different path and is throwing down their ride pack-after-pack prepping for TCS.

Talk about cars, setups and Kevins, Ians and Troys large collections of Tamiya gear but leave the complaining elsewhere.

If I were someone new to the series, I would have second thoughts about participating based on what I read here.

All the best to the folks planning to participate next year. Ill be rooting for you.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MDawson
It is great to see this much passion and interest for the next years rules but really - I hardly think that it is the company's master plan to steer their customers wrong.

I have been following this thread for the past four months- read post after post, rarely to find anything positive.

Truth is, as someone might be sitting, waiting and praying to the preverbial Tamiya god - rest assure that someone else has taken a different path and is throwing down their ride pack-after-pack prepping for TCS.

Talk about cars, setups and Kevins, Ians and Troys large collections of Tamiya gear but leave the complaining elsewhere.

If I were someone new to the series, I would have second thoughts about participating based on what I read here.

All the best to the folks planning to participate next year. Ill be rooting for you.
Thank you Mark.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

AMEN Mark!

Brad, wrong side of the transmitter today? Take a pill and chill.

Marty
Old 12-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag...but it is kind of difficult to "run pack after pack, practicing for the next TCS event" without parts. Don't misunderstand me - I've been a die-hard Tamiya fan for many years, and I'm not about to jump ship. It does get a bit frustrating though. But it is a hobby , and we need to take it easy and keep it fun.

Last edited by DISH; 12-29-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Forums are here to promote discussion, hopefully in an interesting way.

This is not a negative forum. There has been much discussion and frustration about rules and expectations of them. According to Fred we were supposed to have a sneek peak early October. Usually each year a early announcement for the rules early but usually we see them mid to late November. Is it a tease, who knows. As the time between the 1st race and the possible rules come closer together, tempers, passions and frustrations flair up. What is supposed to be a fun hobby turns into who gets key parts first while others see shortages.

I tend to side more with Brad and Dish vs the later comments. Not trying to draw lots or sides. Lately I turned my anger into apathy.

If the concern is about new people reading this forum and being turned away. I would think Tamiya has bigger problems if it is loosing its TCS veterans who do more advertising than potential newbies. . . .
Old 12-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If you have anger developing as a result of RC - you might want to consider other options.

A TCS veteran, you call it advertising.....

-encourage your LHS to participate
-cycle your old stuff to newbies
-share your knowledge

These companies sell product without what consumers see here on RCTech or ANY website think they might contribute. There are lot of folks that buy Tamiya without ever looking at the TCS thread. The people who come to this thread look for positive information about the series.

If it is not ready, then so be it. Tamiya has a contributed by building a great platform on a worldwide level for racers to compete. Last I checked, no other manufacturer provides that.

If the TCS Veteran decides on not coming back or stops "advertising" as you call it, I am sure there will be some other participants to take their place.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Once again MDawson with WORDS OF WISDOM!!
Old 12-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Technically the B parts are available in the item# 58376, the RC F103GT Courage Kit.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtypecanare
Technically the B parts are available in the item# 58376, the RC F103GT Courage Kit.
I realize this, however I built my chassis from leftover F1 pparts, so I didnt have the kit, and dont plan on buying it just to get the bumper.

MDawson,
Sorry if I offended you, my ranting got a little out of hand, but was also a little in jest ( nothing wrong with stirring the pot once in a while is there?) I have been a very loyal Tamiya customer for going on 20 years (has it been that long? Im getting too old for this stuff ) I have a pretty good collection of Tamiya stuff both RC and plastic kits. I guess what I am saying is that I am as diehard a Tamiya guy as any of you Aliso locals. I have known Fred and Gary for at least 10 years and hold them in very high regard. I know that Tamiya America as an organization has some issues right now that are beyond the control of Fred and his crew. You need to realize that these regionals are the only Tamiya fix that some of us get over the course of the year. I have made the trip to the nats I believe 8 or 9 times. But many of the others dont, so when a regional is taken off the calender or a class is cancelled or replaced, it is a hard hit to some. We dont have the luxury of being able to run at TA every weekend or on a semi frequent basis. Most of the time this thread produces quite a bit of very positive thinking, other times (like now) it is an open bitch session. I know alot of the guys that post on here, we have raced together for years, and everyone has the series best interest in mind. Remember - Toy car, Toy track, Bowling Trophy !!!!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 AM
B3x
Tech Adept

I had to buy another kit just to get the bumper...
Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As a die-hard Tamiya F1 and mini cooper racer I see a trend in the Washington, DC area that more and more racers moving away from Tamiya RC cars.

The following is my opinion and mine alone. Tamiya and HobbytownUSA in Frederick, MD have nothing to do with what is written below.

Here is some info that I think Tamiya and the shops that sell their products should be aware of.

I race just about every Saturday at the "C" in Frederick, Maryland, indoor asphalt, good layout and turnout every week. Last year when the Hanover, PA went out of business the owner of the "C" stepped up and held the TCS racer on 3 weeks notice. We had about 100 people show up and Tamiya said it was even better than they expected. At that time Tamiya and the C both wanted to do it again next year.
Early Nov. of this year the C asked Tamiya about a 2007 race... No word, no reply nothing has been communicated to the C about it. And thats the way it still is.
Since then we ( the racers ) have had people ( parents/kids/ ) come into the store and see last years poster for the TCS and ask about it. When the mini coopers used to run a lot of parents thought it was a good way to start their kids in RC. When asked about the TCS race we told them that there would not be one because Tamiya has not commited to have one at the C.
Every week less and less mini coopers were showing up until the class has died. We had a charity race last week and asked people to bring their minis to race, we had 9 showed up and it was quite the scene. A lot of people doing last minute shopping was watching and again when asked about racing the mini we said it that every once in a while we try to get a mini cooper race going but not every week. I know of 3 parents that were ready to buy a mini cooper kit and they decidied and bought a different TC car kit. They wanted their kids to be able to race every week and not worry about showing up and not have enough minis to run. It's too bad cause the mini is a great car to start in RC.

I think Tamiya has made a bad marketing choice/decision in the TCS series. They should be adding more TCS races because thats what brings in new people to this hobby. ROAR, the Birds, Cleveland, Vegas, are where the big time racers go, TCS is where you start.

I've already started selling/giving away my F201 and mini cooper cars and parts because I am not running TCS any more. There is only 1 race on the east coast and I'd rather put my time and money on what I race every week vs a car(s) that I will race only once a year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.