Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

I bought new tamiya F103 premounted rears for the Coliseium TCS and they were worth it. I the first round with old HBR soft rears and then switched to the new rear tires and and my car had so much understeer it was unbeliveable. For the main I put soft HBr's on the front with full traction compound and the car was still understeering! I don't know what the compound of the new tires is, but it works. Mad traction.

With all the that lipo power and rear traction I'm wasn't complaining, no I was laughing all the way out the door. My F103 had not run that fast that long for so little So stop complaining about a great product and get out and drive!

Congrats to that evil looking green and black F103 car that turned like a twisted sister and also won concourse!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1Jet
I bought new tamiya F103 premounted rears for the Coliseium TCS and they were worth it. I the first round with old HBR soft rears and then switched to the new rear tires and and my car had so much understeer it was unbeliveable. For the main I put soft HBr's on the front with full traction compound and the car was still understeering! I don't know what the compound of the new tires is, but it works. Mad traction.

With all the that lipo power and rear traction I'm wasn't complaining, no I was laughing all the way out the door. My F103 had not run that fast that long for so little So stop complaining about a great product and get out and drive!

Congrats to that evil looking green and black F103 car that turned like a twisted sister and also won concourse!
LOL thats crazy man! I ran my car (15th Anniversary) and had so much steering I couldnt believe it! Thats the premounts front and rear. I think they are both medium. TONS of grip and Scads of steering!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default green and black f103 at the coliseum

The green and black car was set up and driven by Jamie Hanson. He put on an f1 clinic, and had the fastest lap of the event even though he used a silver can motor.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know of a couple things for this weekends TCS race at Trackside.

I have spent that past couple of days trying to read through all the post and get a feel for what is going on in the series. After reading all the threads and post and talking to many participants in the series I do notice one thing. Mabuchi Motors have definitely become a issue and as they have done at past events, we will be setting an RPM Limit for our event.

For the Trackside TCS Event this weekend. We will have a 13500 MAXIMUM RPM limit. This will be tested with a Much More Motor Master that Fred will bring with him from Tamiya. We will set the voltage at 5 volts.

During the event we will randomly check motors after their heats or finals. When requested, the racer will need to remove their motor in the technical inspection area. Tools will be provided.

After inspection if a motor exceeds the Maximum RPM Limit, that run will be disqualified. there are no gray areas or what if's this is the process we will be following.

I don't want this event to be decided by somebodies skill in tweaking sealed, closed endbell motors supposed to be SPEC type racing. Let the skill of the driver be the deciding factor, not the speed of the motor.

The TCS Series was started with the spirit of FUN, REALISM AND SCALE APPEARANCE in appreciation of the wonderful quality products that Tamiya produces, and I want that to continue.

Over the years the series has grown to be the best and longest running RC Series in the world. All of us at Trackside are proud to still be hosting this series and an event that everyone looks forward to.

Some might complain as to only receiving this directive 4 days before the event, but those that complain I can guarantee you they have a stack of motors in their pit box that they can choose from.

Also for F-1 Division. We will be using a 3mm ride height on these cars. Teched before your heat.

Also Jack the Gripper tire additive is the only additive we allow hear at Trackside.

So please except this rule as to what it is for. To keep the event in the Spirit of what the TCS race series was founded on. Fun.

I look forward to having everyone join us this weekend for what will again be another great TCS at TRACKSIDE!

Have a safe trip.
Scotty
Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

2 Tamiya cars on the For Sale Thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5590682-post1.html

1. Tamiya TRF 416 (Belt Drive)
  2. Tamiya TB Evolution V (Shaft Drive)
Old 03-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Paging Tony Tam..... Tony Tam please pick up a white courtesy phone.

I need your email address. please PM me. Thanks!

- Chris
Old 03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hi Everyone,

For the Trackside TCS Event this weekend. We will have a 13500 MAXIMUM RPM limit. This will be tested with a Much More Motor Master that Fred will bring with him from Tamiya. We will set the voltage at 5 volts.

Scotty
Thank you Scotty for helping to bring the original lure back to TCS. Fun!

It's hard to have door to door racing when the top half of the A-main keeps lapping you.

Fast guys will still be fast even with the RPM limit. Good driving is Good driving, but at least the average Joe can match speeds.

13500 is just about where an unmodified (but run-in) 540 lives anyway.

I hope all the TCS races follow this RPM limit format.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know of a couple things for this weekends TCS race at Trackside.

I have spent that past couple of days trying to read through all the post and get a feel for what is going on in the series. After reading all the threads and post and talking to many participants in the series I do notice one thing. Mabuchi Motors have definitely become a issue and as they have done at past events, we will be setting an RPM Limit for our event.

During the event we will randomly check motors after their heats or finals. When requested, the racer will need to remove their motor in the technical inspection area. Tools will be provided.

After inspection if a motor exceeds the Maximum RPM Limit, that run will be disqualified. there are no gray areas or what if's this is the process we will be following.

I don't want this event to be decided by somebodies skill in tweaking sealed, closed endbell motors supposed to be SPEC type racing. Let the skill of the driver be the deciding factor, not the speed of the motor.

The TCS Series was started with the spirit of FUN, REALISM AND SCALE APPEARANCE in appreciation of the wonderful quality products that Tamiya produces, and I want that to continue.

Over the years the series has grown to be the best and longest running RC Series in the world. All of us at Trackside are proud to still be hosting this series and an event that everyone looks forward to.

Some might complain as to only receiving this directive 4 days before the event, but those that complain I can guarantee you they have a stack of motors in their pit box that they can choose from.

Also for F-1 Division. We will be using a 3mm ride height on these cars. Teched before your heat.

Also Jack the Gripper tire additive is the only additive we allow hear at Trackside.

So please except this rule as to what it is for. To keep the event in the Spirit of what the TCS race series was founded on. Fun.

I look forward to having everyone join us this weekend for what will again be another great TCS at TRACKSIDE!

Have a safe trip.
Scotty
Well said Scotty I hope you guys have a fun and exciting race and good luck to all the novice racers including Doc Mertes.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Paging Tony Tam..... Tony Tam please pick up a white courtesy phone.

I need your email address. please PM me. Thanks!

- Chris
YGPM
Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Scotty for taking a stand ! ! !

13500 should be fine for any un-tampered yet well broken in motor.

Last year you also required Lipo Sack.
Just wanted to mention it assuming that rule is still in effect.

See ya in a few....
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Nemo racing
YGPM
sent you and PM and an email.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Default WOW

Hi Everyone,

Have a safe trip.
Scotty
Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

wow.. that redefines the meaning behind EMPHASIS.

i think even helen keller can read that.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

SCOTTY, THIS IS WHY YOU ARE #1 AT WHAT YOU DO IN THIS INDUSTRY...MUCH MUCH RESPECT TO YOU AND FRED.

THANKS FOR YOUR EAR

REGARDS,
T.MARSHALL
Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Hi Everyone,

Have a safe trip.
Scotty
Old 03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Did anyone record video at the last Tamiya TCS race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.