Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

We finally have a TCS in 2009 and yet I find this thread on the second page? What gives?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why Bill, everyone is preparing for the Awesum TCS at Trackside in just
ELEVEN DAYS!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:11 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello TCS Racers,

Many of you know me. I know most of you. I don’t post much on RC Tech due to time limitations on my part, but I do read the posts to get feedback on what everyone is doing and how they generally feel about the TCS Series and our products. While I don’t profess to be perfect I do try to make the series as fun as possible for everyone and I try to bring in new people for you guys to do battle with on the track.

With that said I have a few announcements and comments to make.
1. 2009 is a difficult year for our industry. As everyone knows the world economic climate is fragile at best. In past recessions the hobby industry faired it well. This time however, every manufacture is in some way affected by what is going on. In order for us to give you a fun series to participate in, we’ve had to make some adjustments in our overall budgets. These budget constraints have limited what we’ve done in past years for the series. While some of the extra goodies and promotional materials we’ve used are temporarily gone, rest assured our primary goal is to keep the racing part in tact. Once we overcome the obstacles facing our industry, we will bring back those aspects of the series that helped differentiate it from the rest as well as bring in some new ideas.
2. New rules are in place and we will be evaluating how they are received on the race track. Keep in mind we are very open minded on the changes that occur in the market place with new products and technologies. Therefore, we will adjust the rules as circumstances come up. Your feedback is always welcomed.
3. The second race of the season is coming up in Wisconsin and I will be there to see all of you who attend. Feel free to give me your feedback and please feel free to say hello. I don’t bite….anymore.
4. We intend to reschedule the rained out TCS race in Aliso as soon as possible. Normally, we would have re-run it already, but right now our staff is busy getting ready for a rather large marketing event at the 35th Annual Toyota Grand Prix at Long Beach where we will be both sponsoring the event and exhibiting our fun stuff. We are in a partnership with HPI Racing and Kyosho of America to pull this marketing event off and our intention is to grow our hobby to new audiences. Scotty Ernst from TrackSide will be there to help us get the word out to the masses! We hope those of you in the So Cal area will come by to see what we’re up to.
5. Lastly, May is just around the corner and we have a few major product announcements up our sleeve. These announcements will be made at the Annual Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan, but I know for a fact our TCS customers will be very pleased with these new products.
6. For you F103 F-1 class drivers, we have new tires coming you way. Check them out here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/cat...p?sub-id=71200

Finally, I would like to thank you all for your continued support of the TCS Series and for your continued support of our products. We strive to bring you fun and enjoyable products that you will enjoy for years to come.

Good racing to you all and see you at the tracks around the country!

Fred Medel

P.S. Check out the TCS rules page. We updated the Lipo battery rules and the turnbuckle rules.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

FRED!!! Always great to hear from you. You guys run the BEST series on the planet. Keep up the good work.

WE LOVE YOU, MAN!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
FRED!!! Always great to hear from you. You guys run the BEST series on the planet. Keep up the good work.

WE LOVE YOU, MAN!!!
the movie comes out on Friday.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello TCS Racers,

Many of you know me. I know most of you. .....

Good racing to you all and see you at the tracks around the country!

Fred Medel

P.S. Check out the TCS rules page. We updated the Lipo battery rules and the turnbuckle rules.
Fred,

The rules still have a 1-7-09 date. Will they be updated soon?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
5. Lastly, May is just around the corner and we have a few major product announcements up our sleeve. These announcements will be made at the Annual Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan, but I know for a fact our TCS customers will be very pleased with these new products.
Is it B4 tire???
Old 03-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Thank you

Good run for the two rookie diver in the Mini A main that finish 2nd and 3rd in Fredrick TCS. The driver that started 2nd on the grid in the A main, WOW!!! this was his first time he ever racing a mini and only had five laps of practice before the races started for the day. He Could be a contender for the top spot at the National. Had a great time in Fredrick MD. at the TCS race. “First class facility A#1“ Too every one that play their part in running the event. Thank you. To all the winners, ALL of us. That came out to play with are toy cars. With out all of us their wouldn’t be a first place. Too Tamiya , Fred , and every one with TCS. Thank you for every thing you have given to us over the last 15 years. William Vacek Sr.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:53 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

karl aint no rookie. haha.

dont let his age fool you, just no tamiya time under his belt. and if that wasnt impressive, his gt1 run of 3rd i believe with a jalopy 415 he tried twice was also indication of how far he's come in short amt of time. he's at the nats right now, so look em up on the sheets.

R
Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Let's see new tires for the F103.
Assembled rear $38.00USD, front $33.00USD, and foam donuts that are temporarily unavailable. Seems rather expensive to me (for car to be T.C.S. legal) Glad Tamiya made fact of this.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuart Pid
Let's see new tires for the F103.
Assembled rear $38.00USD, front $33.00USD, and foam donuts that are temporarily unavailable. Seems rather expensive to me (for car to be T.C.S. legal) Glad Tamiya made fact of this.
I know man WTF?! Rims are only about $9 and foam is $10 for rears and $8 for fronts. Not including the laim &$$ tape they use thats still only $27. Where do they get off robbing us blind for premounts? I can get preglued touring car tires ready to go (rubber) for less than $40 and they last a long time! Thats 4 tires not 2 Tamiya. $38 for premounted rears....KMA! Dont play us for fools ok ! Rules or not .. thats just rediculous.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
karl aint no rookie. haha.

dont let his age fool you, just no tamiya time under his belt. and if that wasnt impressive, his gt1 run of 3rd i believe with a jalopy 415 he tried twice was also indication of how far he's come in short amt of time. he's at the nats right now, so look em up on the sheets.

R
That was an exciting race!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What are the new turnbuckle rules? I checked out the rules page and I didn't see anything reguarding turnbuckles and I just want to make sure I'm within the rules. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Turnbuckles and adjustable upper arms are allowed this year in spec. It is listed in the rules. You are also allowed plastic or aluminum oiled filled shocks with any springs as well as the aluminum center prop. You have to run the kit 26 mm wheels and tires as well as the stock 19/61 gearing.
Originally Posted by Racer X79
What are the new turnbuckle rules? I checked out the rules page and I didn't see anything reguarding turnbuckles and I just want to make sure I'm within the rules. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

which is odd b/c that stuff was allowed in the past albeit the springs. had to run stock kit springs in the old days.

R

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.