Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maybe we can get Peter Robinson to run at the Seattle TCS, he is a past champ, we already have Dan Garber, Troy Crabbtree, Brett Sisely, all past champs, not to mention the famous Kevin M.

Great racers always bring excitment to a TCS, cant find a better group of racers to help everyone out and turn up your game.

Fred Forg

PS: dont get your panties in a bunch, this is all in jest.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Right. Checked panties--no bunches.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Hey Dishman:

Bruce and I brought our 18 wheeler transport and the Featherlite Motor Home to Frederick, Md but it was still not enough to beat the Frederick professional's this weekend we finished 2nd and 3rd in the GT2 A Main.
There seems to be a pattern brewing at the TCS races this year, If the local proffesional's show up and run there test 20,000 laps and pack after after pack you are going to have to settle for a 2nd or 3rd because it is almost next to impossible to get the correct tire/insert combo to be as quick as them.

I guess it now boils down to building my own indoor/outdoor test track (Fiorano) like the Ferrari F1 team to be competitive!!!!
Maybe I can call it (HICKAMHEIM)

Bruce and I need to meet with the sponsors to have some money printed to be more competitive.

SH
I know this has been covered before, but in case you didn't realize it. Mike was running my car (TA05) that I loaned him two weeks earlier, he had one week on the car before the race and ran something very close to my original setup and my tire/insert combo. So him winning had nothing to do with time on the car, motors, or batteries. He was running borrowed packs from someone else in GT3. The only reason mike won was because he can drive. Period. If I would have ran my car I would have been lucky to be in the top 5. You guys ran circles around my 05 weeks prior to the race and my equipment (motors/batteries) is just as good as Jr's. Just wanted to set the record straight that Mike won entirely on talent. He ran my car with my setup and my dumb luck in finding a great insert, that I found mostly because I was too cheap to buy inserts.

I hope to see everybody at Laurel if I don't have to work again

If anyone would like to know the tire/insert combo ran in my car feel free to PM me, hell I'll give ya the whole setup if you want.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default F201

So how have the F1 turnouts been this year so far? Do you think that F1 will be a nationals class this year or does Tamiya have something up there sleeve. After reading the Nationals info on the website it was kind of left up in the air. No motor info and a question on what will be the third Japan winning class.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob
Well, now that ole Cowboy is on to getting higher numbers out of the Silvercans the next thing to be whined about will be Cowboy Horsepower But wait I fit in under the Joe Blow motor guy in the rules Thanks to Doc my slowest 2hole Johnson's are turning over 12,500 rpm and it is all done without touching a thing with a wrench or vice grips or treating them with some exotic high dollar process

Sad to say but in any organised sport there are different levels of skill and the access to the proper parts to put that skill to use, Senior is the set up man behind junior and until Jr learns a lot more about set up he better be treating his dad real nice
Here we go once again Cowboy runs his big mouth about me when he has no idea what goes on between me and Senior
Old 03-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
So how have the F1 turnouts been this year so far? Do you think that F1 will be a nationals class this year or does Tamiya have something up there sleeve. After reading the Nationals info on the website it was kind of left up in the air. No motor info and a question on what will be the third Japan winning class.
I believe it is still up in the air, but the early rumor was mini this year

Last edited by madjack; 03-24-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Junior
Here we go once again Cowboy runs his big mouth about me when he has no idea what goes on between me and Senior

Junior, you have stated in your signature that your secret weapon was "Senior". I take it from Groff's post that you ran his setup. You seem to be arrogant and ignorant at times I said nothing to take away from your driving skills and there is nothing wrong with having help setting up your car Now quit being such a jerk young man
Old 03-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob
Junior, you have stated in your signature that your secret weapon was "Senior". I take it from Groff's post that you ran his setup. You seem to be arrogant and ignorant at times I said nothing to take away from your driving skills and there is nothing wrong with having help setting up your car Now quit being such a jerk young man
Yeah he is my secret weapon when it comes to motors. And there was only a couple things on groffs car that stayed the same after I was done with it. Yes I did run his insert and tire combo but that was pretty much it that stayed the same. Senior has nothing to do with the chassis setups on my cars, he builds my motors at club races and thats it. At big races Latif builds my motors. Only thing Senior does it set my car down for me thats it. I completely built and tuned the T2 when i got it as well. So for you to say that Senior is the setup man behind me is dead wrong so stop posting things about Me or Senior because your way out of line.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

u guys need to cut this crap out, yes i said it. it had to be said.

that car was originally mine and is again. i havent raced elec in 10yrs and have almost no onroad knowledge. matt made it a lil better plus his gear and talents are superior, and jr took it to next level. i would have been lucky to make the 10 slot in the B.

i dont care who sets his car up. his hands are on that helios and smokin us every wk.

take up a real issue. is spec class 'spec' or is it 'novice'? the former helps mini class #s, the latter, in some form, is needed somewhere in TCS.

-Ult
Old 03-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Cowboy, don't take my post as saying junior needed to run my setup. My setup was close to what junior ran, but only because my car was very close to being dialed.

Junior... Don't go insulting my car and my setup skills when I loaned it to you, dropped it off and picked it back up, you made three changes all of them due to the fact you switched out the diff for a spool IMO. Otherwise the car was as I gave it to you, except for shimming the arms which I never got around to b/c honestly with as much flex as is in the stock chassis it didn't make a damn bit of difference.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
except for shimming the arms which I never got around to b/c honestly with as much flex as is in the stock chassis it didn't make a damn bit of difference.
I disagree...............The roll center shims regardless of flex make a huge difference in handling, that's 1 of the first things I go to after the chassis is close.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I disagree...............The roll center shims regardless of flex make a huge difference in handling, that's 1 of the first things I go to after the chassis is close.

If the rollcenter was what I was talking about I would agree, but I was talking about a couple shims that solved the rear arms rocking front to back a bit... I've been doing this for a while give me some credit
Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
If the rollcenter was what I was talking about I would agree, but I was talking about a couple shims that solved the rear arms rocking front to back a bit... I've been doing this for a while give me some credit
OK Credit given................. dont be so touchy.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

wow! really enjoying all the TCS drama...let's hope you guy's can make it out west for the TCS Nationals
Old 03-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Junior, Thanks again for the the car kit you gave my son Joseph. He built the kit himself, first time, with a little of my help. He also painted the body, shocked me, but he did a pretty good job! Tell your Dad thanks also!
HobbyTown Frederick, great job on your first TCS race, also your customer support in the store was great also. Looking forward to next year!
Willie, K C, Roland and Rodney, great pitting with you guys, it was a blast. I left out a few because I dont know your names, Thanks to the guy with the 15 amp fuse, got my T-35 going,LOL.
Just had a total blast at this race, learned alot, and Joseph, myself and the Carolina crew will see yall at Laurel!

See ya..................Henry

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.