Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
Did anyone record video at the last Tamiya TCS race?
Hey Jamie, I think Ed from Team B&B might have some footage of TCS @ Frederick. He's been recording his son Randy B. ,Austin Vacek ,Matt Miller , Randy ? and other young up and coming pilots. Give him a shout i'm sure he will share what he has. Oh congrat's on your win..Mad fast dude !!!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Good luck to all my buds going to Trackside. I have not been there in years......
I would go, but I have an oval race the following weekend in Ohio.

Go get em guys.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
Did anyone record video at the last Tamiya TCS race?
We been studying this video since the race trying to figure where you got all that corner speed came from. It wasn't motor because the cars look even on the straight. I guess this video is ready for release.

Don't even think of coming to Trackside for TCS 142. Stay far away from WI this weekend. Please give the F1 class a chance to grow before you come back out and race that "thing" again.

In Video
1. Jamie (P1) green and black car
2. Randy (P2) camel yellow
3. Joe (P3) black

F1 TCS #141 A-Main Coliseum - Frederick, MD
Home of the 2009 ROAR On-Road Nats - October 2009
The finest indoor asphalt track in the US - 100x46

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
We been studying this video since the race trying to figure where you got all that corner speed came from. It wasn't motor because the cars look even on the straight. I guess this video is ready for release.

Don't even think of coming to Trackside for TCS 142. Stay far away from WI this weekend. Please give the F1 class a chance to grow before you come back out and race that "thing" again.

In Video
1. Jamie (P1) green and black car
2. Randy (P2) camel yellow
3. Joe (P3) black

F1 TCS #141 A-Main Coliseum - Frederick, MD
Home of the 2009 ROAR On-Road Nats - October 2009
The finest indoor asphalt track in the US - 100x46

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
If you watch this video, about 1/3 into this F1 race you can hear the race announcer call out a huge moment in the rh sweeper coming off the straight away. Frankie Chan who I believe came all the way down from Toronto, CA completely "WROTE OFF A F103 CHASSIS" in 30years of RC Racing I have never seen a more destructive crash? he was trying to pass somebody down in the sweeper and turned in a little bit too soon and bounced off the inside wall and came across the track backwards and tore off the rear wing and rear t-bar and broke the carbon rear axle in half and both rear tires were laying in the sweeper and the batteries and speed control and receiver. It was just like a real massive F1 wreck comparable to Kubuca's BMW wreck @ the Canadian GP! There was carnage all over that sweeper! Bruce and I held our breath while the Safety Car extracted the driver? But Frankie was not hurt! They did Medivac helicopter him to the nearest trauma cernter for evaluation? I felt sad for Frankie, as Casey the race announcer stated "THAT CAR IS DONE"
Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
If you watch this video, about 1/3 into this F1 race you can hear the race announcer call out a huge moment in the rh sweeper coming off the straight away. Frankie Chan who I believe came all the way down from Toronto, CA completely "WROTE OFF A F103 CHASSIS" in 30years of RC Racing I have never seen a more destructive crash? he was trying to pass somebody down in the sweeper and turned in a little bit too soon and bounced off the inside wall and came across the track backwards and tore off the rear wing and rear t-bar and broke the carbon rear axle in half and both rear tires were laying in the sweeper and the batteries and speed control and receiver. It was just like a real massive F1 wreck comparable to Kubuca's BMW wreck @ the Canadian GP! There was carnage all over that sweeper! Bruce and I held our breath while the Safety Car extracted the driver? But Frankie was not hurt! They did Medivac helicopter him to the nearest trauma cernter for evaluation? I felt sad for Frankie, as Casey the race announcer stated "THAT CAR IS DONE"
Geez, just remembering that Kubica incident sends chills up my spine again. My wife and I were just sitting here with our mouths open and had that Imola 1994 feeling all over again...amazing how far safety has come.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Geez, just remembering that Kubica incident sends chills up my spine again. My wife and I were just sitting here with our mouths open and had that Imola 1994 feeling all over again...amazing how far safety has come.
Tamberillo Tamberillo......
Old 03-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'll be flamed for voicing my opinion but here it is anyway.
Changing the rules on a Monday before a major race is just WRONG. People should be given more time than several days. Some of use spend the winter months preparing for these races only to have the rules changed at the last minute. So where do we go to get motors to replace our race motors? Mail order? Won't arrive in time. Local hobby shop? Don't stock them. So........
I'm not against the motor rule, in fact it would save time money, hassle on motor prep. Tamiya does try to run a good series with one HUGE flaw, the rules can be changed at ANY time. Maybe someday the rules will be set in stone for the year with no changes until next year.
It will be a good time for all no matter what, as this track does have a good race program.
Comments anyone???? I am now putting on my firesuit (LOL)

Last edited by Stuart Pid; 03-25-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Iíd like to express my gratitude and appreciation to the many racers who sent me e-mails and voice mails last night after reading Scottyís announcement yesterday concerning the silver can motor RPM limit for this weekendís race at Trackside.

Because the RPM question had been asked several weeks ago and answered by those whom we had good reason to believe were speaking for the track, many of you wondered whether this last-minute rule change was a personal swipe at me, or intended to damage the business or reputation of Red Dot Motors. I donít believe that is the case. Scotty and I have known each other for over ten years and while we do not always see eye to eye on every issue, I know that his actions are based on what he sincerely feels is the best interest of the racing community. Letís remember that itís Tamiyaís series and Scottyís track, and they- not us- get to decide how things are going to work.

While I think we would have all preferred to receive the news sooner than yesterday afternoon (hey, Iíve got to get my stuff together and pack a bag like everyone else), these are the rules and they are the same for everybody. My larger concern is for the racers, specifically those who purchased a Red Dot motor with the intention of running it this weekend.

Clearly, any of my full race motors will test much higher than the RPM limit announced yesterday afternoon, and I hate to think that the guys who support the fantastic Red Dot product might be left scrambling for a motor. So, if you bought a new Red Dot from me specifically for this race and need to replace it with a legal motor, on Friday Iíll swap you for one that will test lower than the RPM max.

In order for me to be able to swap motors, the Red Dot you purchased has to be in as-new condition and in the original 540J brown box packaging, because I need to be able to put it back in inventory. If youíve run the motor- even for practice- I canít help you. But if youíve been saving it for this weekend and need to swap it out for a motor that meets the RPM limit announced yesterday, send me an e-mail at [email protected]. Because of the time it will take to produce these motors, Iíll only be able to do this for racers who let me know TONIGHT. I will not be producing any extras, and Thursday will be too late because Iíll be heading to the airport and flying to Milwaukee.

Again, thanks for your support. Now, letís have a FUN weekend of racing!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:23 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

doc, enjoyed goofing around with spec cars couple mths back. had my fun, but i ended up puttin the car on ebay where it is now. http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-TT01-TT-0...3%3A1|294%3A50

ur motors are too much, makes me never wanna run a can motor again seeing how fast even the 'specification handouts' are

R
Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

wow.

I knew the F103 race was fast and furious but that was some serious turning and burning. Thanks for posting the video. I hope everybody sees just how nice the Coliseum is, great pavement, great lighting, and good racing.

Apologies to all, the understeer kept moving the car out towards the wall, making outside moves very risky! Inside always!

If anybody has more videos or photos, post them!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuart Pid
I'll be flamed for voicing my opinion but here it is anyway.
Changing the rules on a Monday before a major race is just WRONG. People should be given more time than several days. Some of use spend the winter months preparing for these races only to have the rules changed at the last minute. So where do we go to get motors to replace our race motors? Mail order? Won't arrive in time. Local hobby shop? Don't stock them. So........
I'm not against the motor rule, in fact it would save time money, hassle on motor prep. Tamiya does try to run a good series with one HUGE flaw, the rules can be changed at ANY time. Maybe someday the rules will be set in stone for the year with no changes until next year.
It will be a good time for all no matter what, as this track does have a good race program.
Comments anyone???? I am now putting on my firesuit (LOL)
Not gonna flame ya, just quoted for reference.
I think the easier solution for this issue is to just say that from now till the end of the season, this will be the rule, 13500 @5v and call it a day
I bought 3 red dots for this weekend, fortunately i think I have a motor or 2 that are legal that will pass tech. I am not mad, but I could have spent the money elsewhere had I known sooner. Doc has a hell of a product that will be good for club racing F1 so they wont go to waste. I cant blame Scotty for this either, IMO TCS has drifted from the original concept, that being said, it is still the best series on the planet. Just my $.25
Old 03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I bought 3 red dots for this weekend
See? Silver can racing is cheap and fun!

Same money buys a brushless system that will last halfway to forever...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I think the easier solution for this issue is to just say that from now till the end of the season, this will be the rule, 13500 @5v and call it a day

For $35 Tamiya can buy a APS Dyno to travel to future events, then they would not have to worry about putting the track on the spot for Johnson testing.
Unless the Much More is for that purpose?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reenmachine
See? Silver can racing is cheap and fun!

Same money buys a brushless system that will last halfway to forever...
no argument there, if the rules allowed brushless, for F1
Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko

For $35 Tamiya can buy a APS Dyno to travel to future events, then they would not have to worry about putting the track on the spot for Johnson testing.
Unless the Much More is for that purpose?
I dont care what they use as long as its consistent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.