Search
Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Good idea. I know you guys helped out with the Laurel event last year- and a big tip O' The Doctor's Hat to you on that one- but please remember when laying out the track for TCS that these races bring out a WIDE disparity in driver ability- everything from young kids going to their first race (often in Spec, which means low-grip vinyl tires) to older guys who only come out once a year, to seasoned pros. So you're better off with a pretty wide open track that's nice and flowy than something that's tight and tortured. People will be happier and will break fewer (often hard to find) parts. Just my $.02.

See you on the 13th!

Doc I hate to be the one to break it to you but your becoming one of those "older guys who come once a year" your starting to miss some of the TCS events due to rediculous excuses such as daughters graduation I mean come on thats what a camera is for. SNAP OUT OF IT DOC don't go toward the light stay with me DOC.........DOC..... oh no guys I think we lost em.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually, I have yet another reason not to (possibly) make the Connecticut race: gonna throw an engagement party for my daughter and her fiance' and it might be that weekend. If it's Saturday will probably drive up most of the way that night and finish early Sunday, otherwise will have to miss it...

Besides...where were YOU in Milwaukee and Memphis??????
Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Smile

They didnt allow Brandon to get on the plane in his flip flops
Old 06-30-2008, 06:47 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

anyway to see how many prereg each class has for race 137?

R
Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hey Guys,

Had a few GT2 and Coopers at our track today testing and getting ready for the TCS in 2 weeks. We're off next weekend for the holiday, but we're racing Saturday, the 12th, before TCS. I'm trying to decide whether or not to put up the TCS layout on Saturday for the warmup. Right now I'm leaning towards running the TCS layout the Saturday before the race.

Myself and our locals are really looking forward to this event, and hoping to put on a good show for all of you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, or PM me.

Thanks
Robbie,
What time will the track be set up on 7/12/08 for the Saturday race? My brother Bruce and I and a guest TCS racer from CA will be attending.
Please set up the TCS layout for the Saturday Race, will there be 3 rounds and a main for Saturday??
Thx,
Steve.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
News Flash

Its not yet 100% confirmed but it sounds like mini and GT2 will run 2400 lipo's for nationals. Also the motor rules have taken a very interesting turn all I can say is that if what was discussed becomes the rules the lap times will be much slower. Which is good now we can actually find out who the drivers really are and it will promote an even playing field for everyone. Of course we will have to wait untill it hits the Tamiya website. And one more thing the reason why Doc calls them Red Dots is becuase he has a very unstable diet and when he wipes he cry's. By the way the track temp at Aliso was well over 140 today and the mini tires were goin like hot cakes at an IHOP festival. If anyone is interested in buying some old style 1st generation 60D's unmounted in the box call this number Area code (911)826-4922 and tell the operator that you need help and ask her to send you some tires.
Any idea when the rules will be finalized and posted on Tamiyausa.com. We really would like to make the trip to Aliso Viejo, CA from MD for the first time. Just got to determine if GT2 is worth it.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Robbie,
What time will the track be set up on 7/12/08 for the Saturday race? My brother Bruce and I and a guest TCS racer from CA will be attending.
Please set up the TCS layout for the Saturday Race, will there be 3 rounds and a main for Saturday??
Thx,
Steve.
Hey Steve, looking forward to racing with you guys.

The schedule we normally use (which I don't personally like, but it's been up to the store/track owner, not me) is the track equipment arrives at noon. If it's a track I've built several times, I can have it up and ready in just over an hour. A new track takes longer though because I need to spend more time focusing on what length of boards should go where, etc. Registration closes at 3PM with practice running from the time the track is ready up to 4PM, when we start Race #1.

For the 12th I would like to move the schedule forward that way we're not there late, and then trying to be back to the track early on Sunday. We have some help from a fellow racer that can/will bring the track up sooner. I'd like to have the track there at 10AM that way I have time to build the new layout and prep the track. This will hopefully allow for a little more practice time as well. I'm thinking that if we move registration and the start time forward 1 hour we should be able to get out at a decent time. Of course, if I can have the track show up at 9AM and move everything forward another hour, I'll do that too

We will run 3 rounds of qualifying and mains Saturday night. Also, our Cooper mains are 8 minutes long for club races. Of course, since Saturday night is also a points night for our regulars, we will be running USVTA and Sedan Stock along with the usual TCS classes. Should be a lot of great racing action for both days that weekend
Old 07-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ed, the rules are a little on the late side but there's no way to make that happen any faster and our bitchin' about it won't get the posted any sooner. However, regardless of the final rules the racing will be excellent, as will the track and the company.

It is definitely worth the trip, even if we wind up pushing egg cartons around the track with our noses. Actually, that's something Fred might want to consider for the TRF/Past Chumps class (Brandon, please note).

Plan to be there and worry about class structure details later on.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower

Hey Brandon,
I got some desert property for sale, that you might be interested in. It's in the middle of a lake!!!!!!
Max, is the tamiya track open this saturday?

- Chris
Old 07-02-2008, 05:43 AM

are tt01 owners allowed to use 'd' or 'r' spec parts to give their cars droop control like the new E (which is legal) or not?

R
Old 07-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Tamiya TRACK!

Originally Posted by Hebiki

- Chris
Yes!!!

YGPM!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki

- Chris
big party...
Old 07-05-2008, 06:46 AM

any1 answer me on whether standard tt01's can take tt01 'd' or 'r' parts to give them droop control like the new 'e' model and still be legal for spec?

R
Old 07-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
any1 answer me on whether standard tt01's can take tt01 'd' or 'r' parts to give them droop control like the new 'e' model and still be legal for spec?

R
Since it's not clear in the rules, you'd better call Tamiya USA and ask Fred, Larry, or Gary to clarify it.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default RCCARDR TCS Announcement

Get ready for our trusty TCS race annoucement from RCCARDR. 1 week to Glen Burnie TCS Race party.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.