Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
Word is theres going to be a TCS race in Beautiful Down Town Glen Burnie Maryland ! Anyone know how many sign ups or when is the date of such race ? . . .
From the looks of it the track looks smooth !

thx ..
You are correct...I believe it is race #137. Here is the link to register for this race http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/register_137.php

The track is smooth and I hear that they will be selling food and drinks at the track so you don't have to go out.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Really?Will it be a TRF against Past Champs thing again?Making it offroad would be cool.Will they still offer an offroad class?

Originally Posted by Mr. devenwhite
does anyone know what the past champs class is going to be

Fred mentioned something about durgas
Old 06-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

game on.....
CLAP!
game off...
CLAP!
game on.....
CLAP!
game off...
CLAP!
game on.....
Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Fred told me that the past champs/TRF throwdown as he called it is going to be a sail boat race at mile square park If not its going to be a Rally style Tamtech drift racing with jumps 1/3 dirt 1/3 asphalt 1/3 concrete figure 8 in the warehouse. I am just relaying the info from fred this is not my idea.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Yeah Right!

Hey Brandon,
I got some desert property for sale, that you might be interested in. It's in the middle of a lake!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

I am just relaying the info from fred this is not my idea.
We figured that out right away. If it had been your idea, it would have been in a certain parking lot in Vegas.

I'm just sayin'....
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

You guys act like these are my sick and twisted ideas THERE NOT I SWEAR call Fred he will tell you plus I think "Fred's" idea of the sailboats is a good one. Knowing devon he will build a fan on the front of it or something crazy like that
Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
You guys act like these are my sick and twisted ideas THERE NOT I SWEAR call Fred he will tell you plus I think "Fred's" idea of the sailboats is a good one. Knowing devon he will build a fan on the front of it or something crazy like that
Sail boats inside a warehouse with no breeze on a concrete, asphalt, and dirt figure 8. Give me a break Brandon, it had to be the brainchild of a sick, demented and twisted mind. I'll give you one guess as to who that might be. My guess we would have a 90% accuracy rate with 1 guess.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
We figured that out right away. If it had been your idea, it would have been in a certain parking lot in Vegas.

I'm just sayin'....
I'm still trying to figure out why he wants to be in the parking lot and not on stage inside:lo l:
Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I'm still trying to figure out why he wants to be in the parking lot and not on stage inside:lo l:
Speaking from experience Stalleto high heels or love handles as I call them dont do well with polycarbonate bodies. Also the girls get jealous with all that other plastic runnin around thats true competition. I will tell you that there's nothing like a stripper conditioning "my tires" if you know what I mean
it brings a whole new meaning to tire tweak.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Glen Burnie's in just TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!! TWO WEEKS!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Guys,

Had a few GT2 and Coopers at our track today testing and getting ready for the TCS in 2 weeks. We're off next weekend for the holiday, but we're racing Saturday, the 12th, before TCS. I'm trying to decide whether or not to put up the TCS layout on Saturday for the warmup. Right now I'm leaning towards running the TCS layout the Saturday before the race.

Myself and our locals are really looking forward to this event, and hoping to put on a good show for all of you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, or PM me.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

when is tamiya gonna run their tamtech 'onroad' cars? seem like a lotta fun to me. and kinda odd that they choose the offroad stuff instead @ a parking lot.

R
Old 06-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

As "punkboy" mentioned earlier, TCS Race #137 will be held at HobbyTown in Glen Burnie, MD on Sunday, July 13th. To get an idea as to what our outdoor track looks like, click on the following link: http://finalthoughtsracing.wetpaint....+Outdoor+Track

NOTE: This is not the layout that will be used for the TCS race.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

NOTE: This is not the layout that will be used for the TCS race.
Good idea. I know you guys helped out with the Laurel event last year- and a big tip O' The Doctor's Hat to you on that one- but please remember when laying out the track for TCS that these races bring out a WIDE disparity in driver ability- everything from young kids going to their first race (often in Spec, which means low-grip vinyl tires) to older guys who only come out once a year, to seasoned pros. So you're better off with a pretty wide open track that's nice and flowy than something that's tight and tortured. People will be happier and will break fewer (often hard to find) parts. Just my $.02.

See you on the 13th!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.