Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree792Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
AWESOME! ! !

Will you be able to pit with them or will they corral you into a different room?

What car are you running?
I don't know where I will get to pit. I'm sure they will make room for me. I'll be racing the "GT Victory" class against TRF using a updated 1st gen 415. I'm going to get creamed. Fred mentioned that both Reinard and Victor Wilke have signed up. Did I mention that I'm going to get creamed.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Unhappy Cheap tickets?

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Simple for me, if your date is early March, I go to CHina end of the month. If your race is late March, I go to CHina early. I hope it stays in March as that is a good month for me.

Max - if you and Timmy go up, fly Alaska Airlines and book early. Best rates and direct flights from John Wayne AND Ontario to Sea/Tac !
Right now, prices are around $360 per person. Not sure if we can do it at that price? If it was about $250 per person that would be better. This is all speculative based on approx. date. So, is it best to fly on a Friday or Sat. or Thurs.? What did you do last year?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Right now, prices are around $360 per person. Not sure if we can do it at that price? If it was about $250 per person that would be better. This is all speculative based on approx. date. So, is it best to fly on a Friday or Sat. or Thurs.? What did you do last year?
Max, where are you checking? my flight was exactly $237 (+/- with the taxes and stuff) and i bought it after thanksgiving. I flew in on a thursday morning and flew back home on a monday morning.

I was on Alaska Airlines. i also picked some odd hours. like 7am thursday morning (arrived at SIR around 10 i think). etc. this year, i might fly out super late on Sunday so i can have all of monday to rest

Trust me, you and Timmy will have TONS of FUN up there. Remember Gilroy? More fun than that and its on asphalt! the asphalt is awesome, its clean, lap counting/timer is always on. Doug is a great owner/host with a great crew supporting him.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
I don't know where I will get to pit. I'm sure they will make room for me. I'll be racing the "GT Victory" class against TRF using a updated 1st gen 415. I'm going to get creamed. Fred mentioned that both Reinard and Victor Wilke have signed up. Did I mention that I'm going to get creamed.
No you did not mentioned you were going to get creamed. . .

If you need help with carpet setups just shout, scream or whimper... I am sure the brain trust can get you close to where you want to be. Some of us do live in carpet country.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Schedule?
Rules?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you have the time available, fly up Thursday AM (Hebiki, Postman and I were on the same flight) and come back Monday AM so you are not stressing Sunday night to pack and leave. You can check into your hotel and get some leisurely Thursday practice and get your pit space set-up. It will get more crowded on Friday but track is open early too late for open practice. Saturday and Sunday are race days. Just checked rates and they are $ 358.00 round trip that does seem high. Hopefully they will come back down after the first of the year.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Talking RE: Road trip!

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Max, where are you checking? my flight was exactly $237 (+/- with the taxes and stuff) and i bought it after thanksgiving. I flew in on a thursday morning and flew back home on a monday morning.

I was on Alaska Airlines. i also picked some odd hours. like 7am thursday morning (arrived at SIR around 10 i think). etc. this year, i might fly out super late on Sunday so i can have all of monday to rest

Trust me, you and Timmy will have TONS of FUN up there. Remember Gilroy? More fun than that and its on asphalt! the asphalt is awesome, its clean, lap counting/timer is always on. Doug is a great owner/host with a great crew supporting him.
So go on Thursday for set-up and practice for the weekend? I'm sure we'll have a great time, just waiting on the dates and better prices. I wonder if I book a hotel with the flight if I'll get a better package deal?

I tried Expedia.com and yahoo tickets which suppose to check a variety of airlines. I'll keep looking to get the best prices. Any suggestions ?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

this was the same time of year that i started shopping around. for some reason its $120 higher?

i just checked Alaskaair.com and southwest. I dont know if there are any other "cheaper" airlines that offer direct flights.

Kevin's weekend description is spot on. Thursday lunch is usually at Burgermaster
Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
Are you seriously going? If so... WOW! Have fun Ling... would be a very cool dejavu week for you. Oh yeah, remember to take your camera with you walking downtown Shizuoka at 11pm-12am. Who cares if you look like a tourist...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So go on Thursday for set-up and practice for the weekend? I'm sure we'll have a great time, just waiting on the dates and better prices. I wonder if I book a hotel with the flight if I'll get a better package deal?

I tried Expedia.com and yahoo tickets which suppose to check a variety of airlines. I'll keep looking to get the best prices. Any suggestions ?
Thursday-Monday is the only way to do it for length of time. Practice, relax, get a rations of SH**, give a ration.........Race then relax and fly home.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rccardr
Schedule?
Rules?

I have just recieved the 2008 TCS Schedule and Rules:

Classes -
Mini Cooper Silver Can
Mini Cooper Black Can
Mini Cooper 27 Turn
Mini Cooper 19 Turn
Mini Cooper Modified (Anything goes)

Dates and Locations -

Jan 5,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Jan 12,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Jan 19,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Jan 26,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Nationals are held -

Feb 2, 2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Rules are the same as 2007 except no more sedans

Best of show is - Best looking pair of breasts from Cheetahs

Awards - Lap Dance Vouchers

Drivers - No drivers over the age of 50

Please contact Larry at Tamiya USA for more information
Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I have just recieved the 2008 TCS Schedule and Rules:

Classes -
Mini Cooper Silver Can
Mini Cooper Black Can
Mini Cooper 27 Turn
Mini Cooper 19 Turn
Mini Cooper Modified (Anything goes)

Dates and Locations -

Jan 5,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Jan 12,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Jan 19,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Jan 26,2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Nationals are held -

Feb 2, 2008 Las Vegas, Nevada in the Cheetahs Gentelmans Club Parking Lot

Rules are the same as 2007 except no more sedans

Best of show is - Best looking pair of breasts from Cheetahs

Awards - Lap Dance Vouchers

Drivers - No drivers over the age of 50

Please contact Larry at Tamiya USA for more information
"Drivers - No drivers over the age of 50"

You can't do that, it would be age discrimination!
Otherwise the rules are good!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

The evolution of a relationship with a woman using all the smiles symbols.

You first meet
She thinks your cute
You got to a movie
You go to dinner
Take her home
Have sex with her
You leave the next morning
You go to dinner again
Then to another movie
She says she loves you
She moves in with you
You get married
She tells you what to do
You tell her your going RC racing
She says no way
You go anyway
She
You
You decide to cheat on her
She finds out
She has sex with your cousin
You divorce her
She breaks all of your RC stuff
You sleep with her sister who is way hotter
Sorry had no idea what to do with the death star symbol so here you go

Thats all the smiles symbols in one story
Old 11-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Rally at Trackside?

Does anyone know if they plan to run Rally again next year at the Trackside TCS? I'm still kicking myself for not buying one on the spot and running it last year. That class looked like the most fun all weekend!

If they plan to run it, what are the rules? I recall it was a TB-01 Rally kit out of the box sort of class. If it's a class I'm going to bring one (or borrow one) next year!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eeyan
Are you seriously going? If so... WOW! Have fun Ling... would be a very cool dejavu week for you. Oh yeah, remember to take your camera with you walking downtown Shizuoka at 11pm-12am. Who cares if you look like a tourist...
eeyan - you really want to know how long it's been? The last time we went - I had 1.5 megapixel camera with just 16M of memory. We're so over the hill.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.