Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

ATTENTION TO ALL TCS RACERS

Anyone who used the transponders that were supplied by HobbyTown at today's TCS race in Glen Burnie, MD, please check your cars to see if you forgot to hand it in at the end of your race. We are missing one transponder. Please contact me at [email protected] if you have the missing transponder. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i think everyone is forgetting that if you have everyone run two classes....
we'll be at the track ALL DAY. people dont show up for their races on time, dont have properly working transponders (i fired my pitman already. ) which all delay the race program which makes for a longer day.

not to mention that the track doesn't have lights. so the guys who run at the end of the day will have to run in the dark. so please keep it in perspective that alongside with a limited staff, be happy that Nationals is happening again at our favorite track AND they cater to the wants of the racers by adding F103GT.

I'm grateful they added it back in, I'm actually really happy about this because I was planning on this race since last year's Nats. But because they are limiting what we can run, we'll loose the numbers in 103GT giving them all the more reason to drop it again. Racers will choose the chance at winning that Japan trip rather than a "last hora" fun race. We all know this is pretty much it for this class, its obvious. We might as well fill it up as much as possible. I'd like to see a full A-main (hopefully be in it too).

Not everyone is going to run 2 classes.

Last year's Nats we had three other classes as optional; F103GT, Tamtech On-road and Tamtech Off-road. This year the only optional class is 4wd. We'll have the same amount of classes offered as last year. We didn't end up racing at night and I bet we won't this year either.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by atomapapa
I wish we had Tam-tech off road as 2nd class....
I just don't see that happening. The writing was on the wall after the 3 car field in the A3 main of the spring regional.

Has the off road track been re-designed for 1/10 yet?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DirtyRacer
I'm grateful they added it back in, I'm actually really happy about this because I was planning on this race since last year's Nats. But because they are limiting what we can run, we'll loose the numbers in 103GT giving them all the more reason to drop it again. Racers will choose the chance at winning that Japan trip rather than a "last hora" fun race. We all know this is pretty much it for this class, its obvious. We might as well fill it up as much as possible. I'd like to see a full A-main (hopefully be in it too).

Not everyone is going to run 2 classes.

Last year's Nats we had three other classes as optional; F103GT, Tamtech On-road and Tamtech Off-road. This year the only optional class is 4wd. We'll have the same amount of classes offered as last year. We didn't end up racing at night and I bet we won't this year either.
Last year's F103GT class was offered as an optional second class and had enough racers for an A and B main. Many of the F103GT drivers were running two classes. Of the top three finishers, I believe the 1st and 2nd place finishers ran in two classes and 3rd was busy running tech inspection. Unfortunately, as F103GT is not offered as a second class this year, we will probably see far fewer participants. I don't quite understand the reasoning for restricting F103GT from being run as a second class. It was fine last year. My guess is that many of the people who lobbied for its addition will not participate, having been forced to choose between this fun/challenging class and a trip-winning "main" class.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don't throw in the towel yet.

I see a vision of F-103GT being a class opened to racers of other (lesser, j/k)classes.....

Time will tell..... And so will TA.

Now, what other class to run with F-103GT?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Since I won't be there I have a good TA-05 with your name on it Marty Just gotta promise me you take out that Pink and White menace out there for me
Old 07-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH

I see a vision of F-103GT being a class opened to racers of other (lesser, j/k)classes.....

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=358

News

7/14 TCS North American Finals rules posted & Updated!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Here is an update from the Tamiya site...

NOTE: One race entry per person, but 4WD Off-Road and F103GT may be entered as a second class only.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 414MPH

hi 414
are you going to out in calif tcs race? damnit don
Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well damnit all Don, my son Paul and I are planning one more trek out to Aliso just to see you again... and all the others too. (including Brandon, that is if he can pry himself away from the strip club)

Just a few short weeks till we visit long time residense and new California people.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Pics from the race
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-2.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-3.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-4.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-7.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-9.jpg  

Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

more
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-11.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-10.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-8.jpg  
Old 07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
NOTE: One race entry per person, but 4WD Off-Road and F103GT may be entered as a second class only.
Cool!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

I want to thank Hobbytown USA in Glen Burnie for a great TCS race yesterday. I am a fan of the mini cooper and I thought the cooper a-main was the best race of the day. Thanks to Robbie and RayK for an exciting A main finish. I took a video of the race and posted it on You Tube. Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYfE7_fmtQ
Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin

Geez, now I have to make two concourse bodies ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.