Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
i would have to agree with mr jenkins sr. mod is mod. always been mod right? open tire? but scale paint jobs to keep the spirit of the class. should be realistic looking.

but spec, maybe it should be limited on chassis. yeah yeah i ran an awesomatix. sure. i didnt pay full price either. and then i sold it for a more durable car that costs less. i know i ran one for the summer and i DO agree is has an advantage with such a free drivetrain. but, it was beaten with a tc 6.1 at fanatasy world by mr shook (nat champ) so that was a given. lol. but maybe limit chassis design? or cost? the car deas have sort of an unfair advantage to those that can afford one. maybe a belt drive only thing?

mine is gone due to the fragility of the car. i nicknamed it the breaksomatix.

Im not saying that it should be done but its an option to keep the newer guys in the class. i know a few guys got discouraged last winter due to guys running the A car and killing them on track. i know i was one of them. thats why i bought one. and now i dont have one. maybe put a $ cap on the class since we have to run novak motors and hpi d compound tires. maybe a chassis cap is in order too. but its up for discussion.
A money cap isn't feasible. How to enforce it?
A chassis monopoly is the only option for a true spec class. Which one to pick ? Answer that and you are more intelligent than I am, not that you aren't already.

Anyway, it's a bit late to suggest something like this 3 weeks before the season starts.

Yes , the Awesomatix is the best car in the land. Maybe someday that will change, until then.... Just get used to losing. The sellers remorse will only last a few months. Lol
Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

good one ritchie (hey i spelled it right this time) lol.

yeah i was just thinking out loud. and yeah a little sellers remorse sinking in. lol. but i really like my r10. and yeah to enforce it would be asinine and unproductive. and yeah theres so many different chassis out there and what to limit it to would also be unproductive. like i said i was just thinking out loud. lol.

I will do my best to try not to lose to the A car of jacob. yeah you just got called out bro. lol.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
mod is NOT mod, cause I would run foam tires...... discussion ended...
Wouldn't that be "mod-foam"? Foam has always been a separate class. Discussion hasn't ended, you just started a new one.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al
Wouldn't that be "mod-foam"? Foam has always been a separate class. Discussion hasn't ended, you just started a new one.
Well played sir!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
So an $80 paint job is no good in scale spec but an $800 chassis/gear is?

Check.

LOL.

Not picking any TC chassis just saying the chassis and gear adds up to $800ish for top of line stuff..
I would say the paint job thing is more for the spectators.. the scale spec/ VTA class is supposed to be "realistic" and as I understood it at the meeting the $80 paint job is not outright forbidden... just frowned down upon...

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Ugh. As small a detail as that may seem, that's a downer for me. The sweep bottles are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo <deep breath> ooooooooooooooooooooo much less messy.

Since we'll be using so much SXT, maybe we can work with the manufacturer to have it made available in a Sweep-style, well-sealed, no-dripping-from-the-lid-all-over-the-place bottle?

Poop, I guess that means no more Jack, either, huh? :/

-Mike
thats kind of how I felt about paragon going away... I miss the smell of racing in a can...

mod is NOT mod, cause I would run foam tires...... discussion ended...
I think the Turtle Master should run mod foam.. you know we have that class.. a orange 1/12th scale with a 3.5 is possible...

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
A money cap isn't feasible. How to enforce it?
A chassis monopoly is the only option for a true spec class. Which one to pick ? Answer that and you are more intelligent than I am, not that you aren't already.

Anyway, it's a bit late to suggest something like this 3 weeks before the season starts.

Yes , the Awesomatix is the best car in the land. Maybe someday that will change, until then.... Just get used to losing. The sellers remorse will only last a few months. Lol
the awesomatix is not the best car in the land... just the most original... and the only one that is apparently infinitely adjustable...
and i dont believe that the awesomatix is a unfair advantage. you still need to be able to set it up, drive clean, afford to repair it..
Old 08-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scale Spec paint jobs: To clarify, the Scale Spec paint is not a cost control thing. Brian maybe could have referred to "custom touring car paint jobs" without a dollar figure to get the same point across. We want to preserve the scale nature of the class, and that includes livery that we might see on 1:1 cars. If someone wants to dial up an $80 scale paint job, have at it. (To give a flavor for the extent of the discussion, I lobbied hard to ban the ZL1, as I think it's becoming the ubiquitous blob of the class. I was denied in my quest, so fans of that body can thank the Comp Committee )

Spec tires: Our touring program has thrived with a spec tire since the first full season. We believe the touring classes (Stock and Mod) are stronger throughout the season with a spec tire. The QTS 32 is available track side and from several online vendors, it offers excellent wear characteristics, has a very sturdy wheel, is fairly priced wherever you choose to buy, and the Sweep supply has proven to be rock solid. It's a great choice. I don't think anyone can credibly argue that an open tire in the class would be good over the long haul of the season. There's no question that--for instance--first run Sorex 28's are heavenly. There's also no question they fall off, and fall off fast. No one wants to go down the path of one-running or two-running tires when the competition heats up. That's madness.

Cost control is a touchy subject. No one likes having their wallet looked into, or being told when and how much to spend. It's brought up from time to time, but the fact is, there's no serious discussion about introducing a chassis expense formula to Scale Spec. It simply doesn't pass muster. Within five seconds of reasoning it out, one is overwhelmed by exceptions and contradictions. It goes nowhere.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcHammer
the awesomatix is not the best car in the land... just the most original... and the only one that is apparently infinitely adjustable...
and i dont believe that the awesomatix is a unfair advantage. you still need to be able to set it up, drive clean, afford to repair it..
Yes the Awesomatix is the most original, most adjustable car out there. I agree, I'm glad you pointed that out.

And the money you save not having to rebuild shocks , no need for a variety of springs, and the best in class durable dual joint CV's that come standard more than pays off when repairs are needed.

But yeah, damnit, ya gotta drive it well, set it up right , and not hit stuff too. I need help in all those categories!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

WAIT!!!! NO WGT ON SATURDAYS!!!! Kody sold me his..... ah that damn Panda. Will be placed in box with sign "Break glass in case of big race".

LOL. His car will propel me to complete domination..... one could only hope. Still have to drive it..

Hi Jake!!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

No F1 or WGT? No comeback for me.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Canyon
No F1 or WGT? No comeback for me.
WGT on Wednesday race nights.

( Edit ).

My bad!

Last edited by Magnet Top; 08-29-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Deleting my original post because Jake corrected his.
So, now this is just taking up space. What to say....what to say...hmmmm....oh I know:
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-scotch.jpg  

Last edited by bradshawkyle; 08-29-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
i would have to agree with mr jenkins sr. mod is mod. always been mod right? open tire? but scale paint jobs to keep the spirit of the class. should be realistic looking.

but spec, maybe it should be limited on chassis. yeah yeah i ran an awesomatix. sure. i didnt pay full price either. and then i sold it for a more durable car that costs less. i know i ran one for the summer and i DO agree is has an advantage with such a free drivetrain. but, it was beaten with a tc 6.1 at fanatasy world by mr shook (nat champ) so that was a given. lol. but maybe limit chassis design? or cost? the car deas have sort of an unfair advantage to those that can afford one. maybe a belt drive only thing?

mine is gone due to the fragility of the car. i nicknamed it the breaksomatix.

Im not saying that it should be done but its an option to keep the newer guys in the class. i know a few guys got discouraged last winter due to guys running the A car and killing them on track. i know i was one of them. thats why i bought one. and now i dont have one. maybe put a $ cap on the class since we have to run novak motors and hpi d compound tires. maybe a chassis cap is in order too. but its up for discussion.
that chassis has been beat several times by a few different drivers using a belt...
Old 08-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al
no cause at FW mod was a true mod class, run what you brung, and one summer sizzler I did just that, slapped on a set of foam tires and... and well the complaints flew, I didn't care, rules allowed it, I ran it, ran a 3.5 novak on 5 cells, never finished a race all day, but I guarantee I had the most fun that day. and then the rules changed....
Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

that chassis has been beat several times by a few different drivers using a belt...
SS - it's all driver, setup. Both have to work.

Todd, as long as the LFA is good to go, I am a happy camper.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Deleting my original post because Jake corrected his.
So, now this is just taking up space. What to say....what to say...hmmmm....oh I know:
You're nothing but a deleter!

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
WGT on Wednesday race nights.

( Edit ).

My bad!
You're nothing but an editor!

Now I've wasted some space! its going to be a good carpet season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.