Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Heck yes, just use the LRP you've got! The NiMH packs will be fine, too. Use them up.

See you at the track.
Awesome! Woot, woot.

Originally Posted by skypilot
if your M8 is a 75 band, I'll give you a reciever, if its 27 band, that'll be 25.00 but you'll have a matching LRP rcvr
Yup, it's a 75 band. It also has the Novak synthesized module so it can synthesize any channel. I currently have it paired w/ the Novak synthesized receiver in my Slash (these parts aren't made anymore though).

One last question. Is the "upgrade" to the TA-05IFS chassis a good one, or is sticking with a vanilla TA-05 fine? (like http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSG5&P=7).
Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default M8 M11 PCM

if your M8 is a 75 band, I'll give you a reciever, if its 27 band, that'll be 25.00 but you'll have a matching LRP rcvr
I too would donate a Novak Switch PCM I have sitting and collecting dust. Synthesized 75mhz w/all chanels selectable, fits M8, M11.....

Oh Dang ! quess I better go find it in case he takes me up on the offer... Even worse, I now see he already has one....Never mind....

Last edited by el salvador; 08-10-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Never mind
Old 08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jolson88
Awesome! Woot, woot.

Yup, it's a 75 band. It also has the Novak synthesized module so it can synthesize any channel. I currently have it paired w/ the Novak synthesized receiver in my Slash (these parts aren't made anymore though).

One last question. Is the "upgrade" to the TA-05IFS chassis a good one, or is sticking with a vanilla TA-05 fine? (like http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSG5&P=7).
Hey jolson88,
I am currently running a ta05-ifsR. I'd have a hard time saying the ifs is an "upgrade". Jeff may have more technical input than I, but I think the only "advantage" is the ability to run the super low/realistic bodies...you'll likely be running the standard mazda 6, which doesn't require that. Also, the fancier touring car chassis are more similar to the standard ta05 than the ifs.
I've got a couple Mazda 6 bodies you can have to get you started. One is a standard blue/silver fade and the other takes cajones to rock: Pink with a pirate Hello Kitty on the hood. Let me know if/when you plan on getting to the hangar and I'll bring them with me. Also, FYI...RC Hobbies in Covington had a pimped out ta05 on consignment for a steal a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's still there.
--Bill
Old 08-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
I too would donate a Novak Switch PCM I have sitting and collecting dust. Synthesized 75mhz w/all chanels selectable, fits M8, M11.....

Oh Dang ! quess I better go find it in case he takes me up on the offer... Even worse, I now see he already has one....Never mind....
find it and dust it off, I thought I had two 75's (and I do but not sure about the one being any good) I have to install it in the Mi3 for Katie.

you can have the other one if lynn can't find his, hopefully its ok
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jubilee
Hey jolson88,
I am currently running a ta05-ifsR. I'd have a hard time saying the ifs is an "upgrade". Jeff may have more technical input than I, but I think the only "advantage" is the ability to run the super low/realistic bodies...you'll likely be running the standard mazda 6, which doesn't require that. Also, the fancier touring car chassis are more similar to the standard ta05 than the ifs.
I've got a couple Mazda 6 bodies you can have to get you started. One is a standard blue/silver fade and the other takes cajones to rock: Pink with a pirate Hello Kitty on the hood. Let me know if/when you plan on getting to the hangar and I'll bring them with me. Also, FYI...RC Hobbies in Covington had a pimped out ta05 on consignment for a steal a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's still there.
--Bill
You know what? I'll totally ROCK that Hello Kitty car body just to be "that guy." What better way to be hazed into the club, eh? .

I emailed Covington RC Hobbies to see if they still have it. Though I'm still thinking about the kit just to be able to get the experience to build a kit .
Old 08-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

find it and dust it off, I thought I had two 75's (and I do but not sure about the one being any good) I have to install it in the Mi3 for Katie.

you can have the other one if lynn can't find his, hopefully its ok
I just have the Tx module,somewhere that is.....
Old 08-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Hey jolson88,
--Bill
oh yea, forgot about that, I saw the TA05 at covington, it is fully loaded, and would be dailed for a newbie, and it was a heck of price
Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You know what? I'll totally ROCK that Hello Kitty car body just to be "that guy." What better way to be hazed into the club, eh? .

I emailed Covington RC Hobbies to see if they still have it. Though I'm still thinking about the kit just to be able to get the experience to build a kit .

That'd be awesome if you rocked the Hello Kitty.

It's hard to beat the experience of building your own kit, but if a used one is a really good deal with a lot of upgrades, it could be worth just buying and tearing it down and replacing worn parts.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beez
That'd be awesome if you rocked the Hello Kitty.

It's hard to beat the experience of building your own kit, but if a used one is a really good deal with a lot of upgrades, it could be worth just buying and tearing it down and replacing worn parts.
It's decided then. If I can get it from jubilee, I'm rocking that Hello Kitty body until the cows come home .

Yup, if I don't hear back on email from RC Hobbies, I'll call them tomorrow afternoon. This is what I'm doing with my B4. Got a good deal on it, grabbed the manuals and have basically torn apart everything now. I just finished tearing apart and rebuilding the diff tonight and cleaning up the tranny. Runs butter smooth now .

I love racing R/C cars, but I am (to my surprise) enjoying the wrenching just as much!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

It's decided then. If I can get it from jubilee, I'm rocking that Hello Kitty body until the cows come home .

The old chief told me once:

"Many cowboys come and say, 'I'm going to rock that Kitty.'
But all the cowboys leave, and they learn...Kitty does the rockin'."

Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The old chief told me once:

"Many cowboys come and say, 'I'm going to rock that Kitty.'
But all the cowboys leave, and they learn...Kitty does the rockin'."

Well, considering I will be a new guy, I fully expect for the Kitty to do the rockin'. But, I've been married for a while now, so I'm used to the Kitty being the one doin' the rockin' . HAHA. Sooner or later though, I shall CONQUER that Kitty!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default what car to get?

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...M49491&click=3

this is the kit you want... you may be able to find it cheaper... but it is still availible

the extra $100 is well worth the shock and dogbone upgrades plus i cant remember what else...

if you buy a new kit... you wont regret spending the extra $$ on the R version

as far as if you want a ifs front end... the only real plus is being able to run the scale tamiya bodys...

Erik
Old 08-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the tamiya blue anodized aluminum parts definitely make it look more trick and the shocks are way nicer, but I don't know whether or not it will make you any faster.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well i started with the standard kit.... and spent over $100 in upgrades and it wasnt anywhere close to where my r kit was out of the box.. if i had it to do over again i would have gone strait to the TA05R...
Old 08-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

With IFS you also get to adjust front ride height independently from spring preload. A feature that will become useful to you when you discover that your R chassis is tweaked from the factory.

Tamiya leaves out the silver can motor on R kits. Meh...17 bucks.

You need evo front axles to run trans am wheels on an R.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.