Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-30-2015, 07:16 PM
  #17596  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Tim, I have a BUNCH if you need. I'll even cut 'em if you need. Are you still trolling that Lynnwood hotel with all the questionable ladies by the dumpster? Not saying that's my neighborhood, but it's close.
Brian
Thanks Brian
I might needs some fronts I have 5 sets of rears heading my way but they only had 1 front
no Lynnwood this trip I will be in a diffidence hotel each night as I work my way around the water
tpczx6 is offline  
Old 09-30-2015, 08:22 PM
  #17597  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
ScruffyRuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Everett, Washington
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Been driving trucks all my life and no one calls me a trucker...but dance on a pole once...
Don't bring me into this, I paid you for that dance.
ScruffyRuss is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 09:35 PM
  #17598  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Well gang, it looks like there'll be a new face soon in the Scale Spec class. I found a car, and I should be ready to go within the first few races.
I would like to ask a few starter questions to my fellow Scale spec drivers:
-What gearing are you running? (Looking for a starting point)
-Any general setup starting points/resources for an Associated TC5? (General search is way too broad to help for these tracks)
-Resources for how-tos for saucing tires? (Again, general search didn't help)
-Where to buy parts-websites/stores?
Thanks, and I look forward to racing soon!

Last edited by raceplus; 10-01-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added questions
raceplus is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 11:43 PM
  #17599  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
metalnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by raceplus
Well gang, it looks like there'll be a new face soon in the Scale Spec class. I found a car, and I should be ready to go within the first few races.
Welcome

I would like to ask a few starter questions to my fellow Scale spec drivers:
-What gearing are you running? (Looking for a starting point)
Aim somewhere between 3.8 and 3.6. Try cranking the timing up a bit each run, many of us run 40-45*, depending on how much temp your motor produces and what fan you're running. Each motor is different, so start conservatively.

-Any general setup starting points/resources for an Associated TC5? (General search is way too broad to help for these tracks)
We have a bunch of AE guys at the track, many TC6s, so perhaps someone can chime in. I believe many have good luck with HPI or Yokomo springs, so you could get yourself a set of those (Yokomo pink and blue are popular, as are HPI silver or gold I think).

-Resources for how-tos for saucing tires? (Again, general search didn't help)
This depends a bit on which tires you're running, X-Patterns, VTA or the new USGT? X-Patterns can be finicky, but you usually sauce the rear full and do anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of the front, some do full front for the first qualifier and reduce as traction comes up. VTA tires you can basically slather in sauce, but may want to try 3/4-7/8 of the fronts if you're traction rolling. I have no clue about USGT tires yet. As for time, 10-20 minutes before the run is good starting spot.

-Where to buy parts-websites/stores?
I'd say http://www.amainhobbies.com and http://www.tqrcracing.com should have everything you'd want, but Kody carries a lot of goodies track-side as well, so check with him first.

- Adam
metalnut is offline  
Old 10-02-2015, 09:26 AM
  #17600  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,176
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I'm helping out http://www.apexrc.com to get geared up with more parts and equipment, so keep an eye on theor website as well . Luckily, we have a lot of good online stores on the west cpast, and Kody does a great job of having all the racer essentials on hand for us.
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 10-02-2015, 06:26 PM
  #17601  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Perfect! Thank you guys for the help! See you at the races soon
raceplus is offline  
Old 10-04-2015, 07:48 AM
  #17602  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Interesting facts from the Halloween Classic happening this weekend...

-Race sold out in days.
-Many options for scale classes but not many in each. Spread out to much maybe? USGT being the largest of the classes. Speed is fast but tires grip well.
-WGT-R is light
-17.5 is crazy fast!
-F1 is 25.5?!?!?! Cars are just getting around without flipping off the high grip track. Maybe that was a smart move!
Kody is offline  
Old 10-04-2015, 09:01 PM
  #17603  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
Interesting facts from the Halloween Classic happening this weekend...

-Race sold out in days.
-Many options for scale classes but not many in each. Spread out to much maybe? USGT being the largest of the classes. Speed is fast but tires grip well.
-WGT-R is light
-17.5 is crazy fast!
-F1 is 25.5?!?!?! Cars are just getting around without flipping off the high grip track. Maybe that was a smart move!
F1 needs to be faster... Not slower
AlexPate is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 07:33 PM
  #17604  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AlexPate
F1 needs to be faster... Not slower
Didn't want to start a debate just stating some interesting facts... But I will say sure with foams they can handle some decent HP and still be controllable for most. 21.5's of the latest tech and a 2cell make TC's plenty fast for even a stock class. So you toss that into a 2wd fun class and its kinda too much for 85% of the guys trying to race the class. According to the guys who are racing it back east the 25.5 brings the car back into a power band where the cars can race close again. That there is a big thing when your "racing" not just practicing and getting your speed thrills.

We will see how it goes. The last season we raced F1 many stopped mid season and sold due to the frustration of what was happening. Was it speed related or maybe something else? Time will tell!!!
Kody is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM
  #17605  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
dpatterson26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

What is the tire of choice for sedan? Also, will there be any on hand Saturday?

Thanks.
dpatterson26 is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 08:15 PM
  #17606  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lynnwood, Washington
Posts: 1,221
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
What is the tire of choice for sedan? Also, will there be any on hand Saturday?

Thanks.
Hey Devin, Kody should have some in stock. We're using the teampowers 30c tires this season.
malkiy is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 08:39 PM
  #17607  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
dpatterson26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by malkiy
Hey Devin, Kody should have some in stock. We're using the teampowers 30c tires this season.
Thank you
dpatterson26 is offline  
Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 AM
  #17608  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,189
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Thanks Brian
I might needs some fronts I have 5 sets of rears heading my way but they only had 1 front
no Lynnwood this trip I will be in a diffidence hotel each night as I work my way around the water
Tim,
You get what you need? Let me know, the weekend will be here before you know it!
Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 10-07-2015, 10:37 AM
  #17609  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,319
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Hey Todd
Can you provide a loaner TC for this weekend sat?
One of person is coming their first RC races..Thanks
OVA is offline  
Old 10-07-2015, 03:14 PM
  #17610  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
Didn't want to start a debate just stating some interesting facts... But I will say sure with foams they can handle some decent HP and still be controllable for most. 21.5's of the latest tech and a 2cell make TC's plenty fast for even a stock class. So you toss that into a 2wd fun class and its kinda too much for 85% of the guys trying to race the class. According to the guys who are racing it back east the 25.5 brings the car back into a power band where the cars can race close again. That there is a big thing when your "racing" not just practicing and getting your speed thrills.

We will see how it goes. The last season we raced F1 many stopped mid season and sold due to the frustration of what was happening. Was it speed related or maybe something else? Time will tell!!!
Wasn't trying to start a debate just poke for some fun. I think most people will find the new generation of f1 cars to be a lot easier to drive. Excessive traction rolling is a thing of te past even though it can still happen in high grip situations but no where near as often as it did in the "tamiya" era
Also the new pf f15 body was just announced today and odly enough it will require a low profile shorty Lipo to be used if the battery is mounted in transverse position. I am curious to see if the weight advantage (50g lighter and several mm lower) will offset the lower mah capacity.
AlexPate is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.