Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
You don't need runnable condition for Scale Spec, a brick with a few can lids will do

Surely we can get something assembled for you by the first qualifier, no?
All my stuff is still at home in Woodinville. And I don't want to leave work so early today.

My mod car is in pieces, waiting for replacement parts (tweaked front inner hinge pin, twisted FR block, broken rear outer hinge pin...).

The stock car has a sloppy steering knuckle (yeah, yeah, I could shim it, bleh), I need to go through it more carefully to check for other tweaked stuff, and I threw a different ESC (Justock) and motor (I think it's a Fantom Revtech) in there, and have no idea what to do with gearing and timing. And... weight for it.... it isn't balanced for the new electronics. Even if I tried for Q2, I probably wouldn't have time to get it running properly.

Plus, the new Diablo III expansion came out yesterday...

-Mike
Old 03-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's too quiet again for a RACE NIGHT!

Hangar 30 Club Race
Wednesday, March 26
5pm Setup
6pm Practice
7pm Q1

Let's see another good turnout
Yes sir, it's that time again! Also time for me to unveil my secret Scale Spec weapon, pics are posted below. Consider yourselves warned - shake n bake, baby!
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-wp_20140325_23_00_14_pro.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-wp_20140325_23_00_48_pro.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-wp_20140325_23_00_58_pro.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-wp_20140325_23_01_14_pro.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Yes sir, it's that time again! Also time for me to unveil my secret Scale Spec weapon, pics are posted below. Consider yourselves warned - shake n bake, baby!
Holy crap, Kyle, that is awesome! I suddenly feel like you should be using my signature
Old 03-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

shake N bake baby! just tell me you wont run to the finish line in your underwear...
Old 03-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

my boys surgery is going well. almost done. started at 1030 and still going about another 2-3 hours to go. its gonna be rough for him for a bit. but he is a strong lil guy.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Uh oh, 1 point separating Adam and Chris on Wednesdays.

-Mike
There you go Mike, no more drama, I'm no longer in the lead. It only took me 6 minutes tonight to throw away the entire season. That has to be a new record.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Shot you a PM Todd.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

There you go Mike, no more drama, I'm no longer in the lead. It only took me 6 minutes tonight to throw away the entire season. That has to be a new record.
Don't hang your head just yet. The point tally does not include the throw out races, this report shows all of the points. After you subtract out your worst point totals as throw outs, you may be in good shape.

-a
Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Quick update on my boy. surgery lasted for 7 1/2 hours. he is resting comfortably in icu. should go to a regular room by tomorrow (friday). hopefully come home by mid next week.

my son has a weird pain threshold unlike you or me. he has a hard time describing pain to us. today he was actually telling me he was in pain. this is a good thing so he is feeling more sensation in his body.

he is alot more upright. his spine was bent forward at 90 degrees. now the docs say he is more at 45 degrees and thats a huge improvement. this will improve quality of life for him and make mom and dad much happier in the long run.

This summer season im planning on having him down to a few of the races to visit. make sure you come by and say hello and give him a high five. he is a huge fan of racing of any kind. thanks, doug.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Quick update on my boy. surgery lasted for 7 1/2 hours. he is resting comfortably in icu. should go to a regular room by tomorrow (friday). hopefully come home by mid next week.

my son has a weird pain threshold unlike you or me. he has a hard time describing pain to us. today he was actually telling me he was in pain. this is a good thing so he is feeling more sensation in his body.

he is alot more upright. his spine was bent forward at 90 degrees. now the docs say he is more at 45 degrees and thats a huge improvement. this will improve quality of life for him and make mom and dad much happier in the long run.

This summer season im planning on having him down to a few of the races to visit. make sure you come by and say hello and give him a high five. he is a huge fan of racing of any kind. thanks, doug.
That's great news Doug. Looking forward to meeting him this summer
Old 03-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

do they post the results from Wednesday? I wanna check lap times.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Usually takes Kyle a couple days
Old 03-28-2014, 05:25 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Usually takes Kyle a couple days
you mean three days ;0
Old 03-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

From Kyle himself, he'll post the race report very soon. We'll cut him a thin margin of slack, in view of his new(-ish) baby, job change, just moved and certain other bologna.

Despite a full life, he beats my average turn-time for tallying the points by a mile (self criticism) and he even shake-'n-baked me in SS (whut?!).

Bill S.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 11 Results

When the Persian military officer Tigranes heard that “…the prize was not money but a crown, he cried, 'Good heavens, what kind of men are these that you have pitted us against? It is not for money they contend but for glory of achievement!'" After this week, there’s no doubt that many of our racers are motivated by the glory of achievement. In Scale Spec alone, we saw the track record reset three times in two heats (more on that in a minute) and the fast lap honors reset by two drivers who managed identical times, down to the thousandth of a second. In the pan car classes we saw a father and son duke it out in two classes for 4 qualifiers and 2 mains, while other drivers patiently used the fracas to secure a positive result in the mains. It was definitely a night full of achievements.

Stock Touring was dominated by Richie Reynolds, stepping over from the Community Center program on a night where reigning top dog Mike Ruete was notably absent. Richie was in the ballpark of the track record and fast lap, but without Mike there he was forced to settle for “only” the hat trick of TQ, fast lap of the night, and the win. In the Main, Jacob Reyes recovered from a disastrous first lap (dropped from 3rd to 7th), worked his way through traffic, and clawed his way past a Bill Swadener to finish 2nd. With only one race left, wouldn’t it be great to see the likes of Mike, Richie and Donnie Banks show-up on the same night to slug it out for Hangar 30 supremacy? I think we can leverage their competitive nature into a campaign to make it happen.

Stock 1/12 qualifiers were dominated by Todd and Stuart’s brawling, but Todd’s rough start in the main opened the door just far enough for #3 qualifier Ron Loi to step into 2nd, then proceed to trade spots with Todd for several laps. It’s worth mentioning that Stuart adapted and improved his driving from two weeks ago when he struggled mightily with an over aggressive car, whereas last night Stuart balanced aggression with patience to produce some superb results in the qualifiers. In the Main, Stuart maintained his early lead until hitting a pipe with 1:30 left, dropping him down to 3rd. Ron was promoted to 1st while Todd spent the final half-dozen laps applying pressure, looking inside and out, nose to tail, but to no avail. Ron was a rock, unmoved by Todd’s presence, and stood tall to claim a hard-earned win.

World GT was a continuation of the Todd and Stuart’s sparring during the qualifiers. During the main, Mike Cheng put together his best run of the night, challenging and ultimately passing Stuart for a well-deserved second place. Todd, on the other hand, checked out early and cruised to an uneventful win.

Scale Spec saw the track record fall to Scott Howell in round 1, even with a last lap accident. Round 2 paired Scott and Richie Reynolds in the same heat, setting the stage for each to push the other into uncharted territory. Scott managed to reset his previous track record as well as fast lap, while Richie managed to run just a bit cleaner and turned an even better 34/6:09. In the process, Scott and Richie each turned a fast lap of 10.508, splitting the honors. In the A Main they continued to battle from bell to bell, finishing only 1.1 seconds apart. The rivalry and speed shown by these guys was off the charts, and after talking with Scott I got the feeling he would love an opportunity for a rematch at the final Hangar race of the season. Let’s hope schedules and the stars align so we can see it happen.

Only one more Hangar 30 race remains, we hope to see you on April 23rd. Results and Track Records are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (44.0 KB, 47 views)
Round2.txt (52.0 KB, 54 views)
Round3.txt (36.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf
H30 Track Records.pdf (29.0 KB, 83 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.