Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
SS - it's all driver, setup. Both have to work.

Todd, as long as the LFA is good to go, I am a happy camper.
Well your lucky! TM proposed a ban on PF ZL1's. Shot down. But if it had passed the LFA would have been next for next years evaluation.

So yes your good to go!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Well your lucky! TM proposed a ban on PF ZL1's. Shot down. But if it had passed the LFA would have been next for next years evaluation.

So yes your good to go!
well im glad to see the ZL-1 did not get banned. so whats the deal with the LFA body? good downforce? I have never tried one. Tell me why i should try one.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great job guys...I'll race if Steve does
Old 08-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Taking WGT out of the mix stinks, however if mod 1/12 and mod sedan were deleted too it wold be OK.
Mod is sketchy for full heats at best. One wouldn't want to offer what makes sense. Only something for the few that can or will handle it. How about 20 bucks to race, if you can afford 15 you can afford 20.

WGT why not? Can't quite wrap my head around that.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
well im glad to see the ZL-1 did not get banned. so whats the deal with the LFA body? good downforce? I have never tried one. Tell me why i should try one.
very close to ZL-1 but little more front downforce ...
Old 08-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's only about the chassis. This season I intend to drive blind folded to prove just that !
Old 08-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
It's only about the chassis. This season I intend to drive blind folded to prove just that !
but i though you were the whole time....
Old 08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

but i though you were the whole time....
Old 08-29-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

good one ritchie (hey i spelled it right this time) lol.

yeah i was just thinking out loud. and yeah a little sellers remorse sinking in. lol. but i really like my r10. and yeah to enforce it would be asinine and unproductive. and yeah theres so many different chassis out there and what to limit it to would also be unproductive. like i said i was just thinking out loud. lol.

I will do my best to try not to lose to the A car of jacob. yeah you just got called out bro. lol.
ha.... why not Richie, Dan, John, Jaybee, Rutte - Fast Drivers that have been doing this for quite sometime... LMAO....

Me - you got no worries man... im just a bit over 1 year

Last edited by -jacob-; 08-29-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

i would have to agree with mr jenkins sr. mod is mod. always been mod right? open tire? but scale paint jobs to keep the spirit of the class. should be realistic looking.

but spec, maybe it should be limited on chassis. yeah yeah i ran an awesomatix. sure. i didnt pay full price either. and then i sold it for a more durable car that costs less. i know i ran one for the summer and i DO agree is has an advantage with such a free drivetrain. but, it was beaten with a tc 6.1 at fanatasy world by mr shook (nat champ) so that was a given. lol. but maybe limit chassis design? or cost? the car deas have sort of an unfair advantage to those that can afford one. maybe a belt drive only thing?

mine is gone due to the fragility of the car. i nicknamed it the breaksomatix.

Im not saying that it should be done but its an option to keep the newer guys in the class. i know a few guys got discouraged last winter due to guys running the A car and killing them on track. i know i was one of them. thats why i bought one. and now i dont have one. maybe put a $ cap on the class since we have to run novak motors and hpi d compound tires. maybe a chassis cap is in order too. but its up for discussion.
ECC mains (top qualifers)

John Tsang - VBC - Belt
Dan Garber - Awesomatix
Jacob Reyes - TRF417v5 - Belt
Mike Rutte - Belt
Jaybee - Awesomatix
6th - Belt
7th - Belt
8th - Belt
9th - Belt
10th - Belt

If i didnt have the A car... i would spend close or just as much on any tradional belt car after all the hopups knowing myself. Big carpet races like Victoria and TZ allow awesomatix, and we are not allowed to have one, that would be crazy.... Shoot part of the reason why I got talked to owning one....
just my thought.

Last edited by -jacob-; 08-29-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by -jacob-
ha.... why not Richie, Dan, John, Jaybee, Rutte - Fast Drivers that have been doing this for quite sometime... LMAO....

Me - you got no worries man... im a noob.
dont know if those guys are running ss or not. jaybee i think is only going 12th. his "A" car is for sale. Ill just try do my best to not get beaten up too badly. lol.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
How about 20 bucks to race, if you can afford 15 you can afford 20.
Given the steep increases in venue rental prices, as well as our upcoming need for new carpet and a spare decoder, I think PayPal'ing $20 or handing a $20 bill and not asking for change would be an awesome gesture for those who can afford it. $5 every other week could go a long way to keeping this club afloat.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by metalnut
Given the steep increases in venue rental prices, as well as our upcoming need for new carpet and a spare decoder, I think PayPal'ing $20 or handing a $20 bill and not asking for change would be an awesome gesture for those who can afford it. $5 every other week could go a long way to keeping this club afloat.
Wasn't the point. But whatever!! I already spent on a car thats a paperweight. Might as well support a lost cause too.

All should give the cars and equipment that can no longer be used or ran too the club to sell for support of Theyr'e lofty future hidden adgenda.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm hoping to make it out to race at least a few times this year (though I've been saying that for years now). Looking for suggestions for a good 17.5t brushless for 1/12th stock (12R5 based pile of parts). I saw anything that's not D3.5 based (and is ROAR approved) is OK.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:49 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by busman
Wasn't the point. But whatever!! I already spent on a car thats a paperweight. Might as well support a lost cause too.

All should give the cars and equipment that can no longer be used or ran too the club to sell for support of Theyr'e lofty future hidden adgenda.
1+
It would be nice , I can see maybe for next year..But Oh well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.