R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #12376
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some testings...

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Yes. One M3x4 set screw on each of the 2 holes per flyweight. Total 6 set screws used as per Pyramid's picture.

Well, for those looking for every inch of performance benefit, you may want to try it. Some times, you would not realise what you're missing until you try it. It may or may not work for you.

In my case, I noted that the clutch grab even harder. Noticeable 15 to 20 feet after launch.
D, Are you still running the black shoe? I have taken out all clutch modifications with the yellow shoe. I am using the stock flyweights in their normal way wit a 0.5 to 0.6 mm gap. Works excellent.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:25 PM   #12377
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

BTW, do you know how long the pins should be to get it to flush with the outdrive? I believe the pin is 2.5 mm diameter if I'm not wrong...
I don't remember, but I think it was 11mm for the diff. The pins are 3mm, not 2.5, that's for sure, and they are also a pain to pound out (especially to my thumb ). I cut the new pins from an old screwdriver. I would take pictures...but my digital camera is far too crappy to give a good close up shot.

If I had the black wheel axles in the front, I would probably do the same to all the dogbones. Even in the wheel axles, there is too much space between the end of the pin and the end of the axle cup. I have seen some nasty worn axles at my track. The fact that we are running locked front axles probably dosen't help much. The spring steel ones, on the other hand, simply do not wear.

If anyone knows a better way to get the pins out, my thumb would appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:38 PM   #12378
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
I don't remember, but I think it was 11mm for the diff. The pins are 3mm, not 2.5, that's for sure, and they are also a pain to pound out (especially to my thumb ). I cut the new pins from an old screwdriver. I would take pictures...but my digital camera is far too crappy to give a good close up shot.

If I had the black wheel axles in the front, I would probably do the same to all the dogbones. Even in the wheel axles, there is too much space between the end of the pin and the end of the axle cup. I have seen some nasty worn axles at my track. The fact that we are running locked front axles probably dosen't help much. The spring steel ones, on the other hand, simply do not wear.

You could try the Hudy Assembly Tool.
Part: 106000
It might be hard to find, because it has been discontinued.
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=1752
You might still be able to find it.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #12379
Tech Rookie

Post Off Topic...

Sorry guys, I know this is off topic. I started a thread, but I can't seem to get a response

I'm just curious to know what kind of power supply you guys use to power your tire truers. I'm interested in the Eagle Racing 28A. What do you guys think?

I'm open to suggestions so feel free to recommend other brands.

Thanks in advance.
Afterburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #12380
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some testings...

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
I have taken out all clutch modifications with the yellow shoe. I am using the stock flyweights in their normal way wit a 0.5 to 0.6 mm gap. Works excellent.
Thanks Julius. That is great to know. Just one question, how far in do you set your clutch spring preload nut with the yellow shoe? I know this will vary...I just wanted to get a good starting point. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:28 PM   #12381
Tech Elite

Default Re: Off Topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by Afterburner
Sorry guys, I know this is off topic. I started a thread, but I can't seem to get a response

I'm just curious to know what kind of power supply you guys use to power your tire truers. I'm interested in the Eagle Racing 28A. What do you guys think?

I'm open to suggestions so feel free to recommend other brands.

Thanks in advance.
I use the Hudy Pro one and just use a normal 7mAH 12 volt GP Battery. Its small (battery) and have enough to do some truing as well as charge my receiver battery during a day's racing.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:35 PM   #12382
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BIBOY

Quote:
well i use the ofna truer and i use the novak n power for it ... i guess its just thesame with the eagle ... i tried it on a hudy power was to weak so best is if you have friend the has a n power try it first..the bulldog power supply is also good i have seen alot of guys using it good luck!

http://teamnovak.com/products/power_...er/N-Power.htm

http://www.balakracing.com/rivergate30.htm
Reds Racing Engines
Rctarget
BIBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #12383
Tech Regular

Default clutch setup

Quote:
D, Are you still running the black shoe? I have taken out all clutch modifications with the yellow shoe. I am using the stock flyweights in their normal way wit a 0.5 to 0.6 mm gap. Works excellent.
Julius...what did you end up with on the spring/nut gap?

I was at the Region 4 race last weekend and Paola said he was using the standard flyweights, 1.45mm spring/nut gap, black shoes and .4 mm gap on the clutch bell. He said the .4 mm was the key. Maybe he can elaborate on this. He was definately the fastest guy on the track.
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #12384
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by BIBOY
well i use the ofna truer and i use the novak n power for it ...
Thanks, but isn't the NPower a 10 amper? I maybe wrong, but isn't 10 amps not enough...then again I don't use the Ofna truer. I have the automatic Hudy one.

That Bulldog PS looks very promising though.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:46 PM   #12385
Tech Rookie

Default I knew...

I could count on you guys. They should change this to "GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE" thread
Old 06-10-2004, 04:51 PM   #12386
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Off Topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I use the Hudy Pro one and just use a normal 7mAH 12 volt GP Battery. Its small (battery) and have enough to do some truing as well as charge my receiver battery during a day's racing.
I'm also currently using a gel cel and it works fine. I just want a power supply to use at home to power some other equipment besides my truer.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:02 PM   #12387
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Off Topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by Afterburner
I'm also currently using a gel cel and it works fine. I just want a power supply to use at home to power some other equipment besides my truer.
I would not buy a power supply for just my gas stuff. I run electric also, so I already have a couple of supplies. AFAIK the hudy needs a lot of juice, and that would probably just be too expensive and bulky of a ps.

It is somewhat common to see someone with a 7AH gel cell use their battery for their truer, charger, and their starter box.

Since you want something for home, I would check ebay for a cheap pyramid supply. They are big, but also very cheap.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #12388
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: clutch setup

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Julius...what did you end up with on the spring/nut gap?

I was at the Region 4 race last weekend and Paola said he was using the standard flyweights, 1.45mm spring/nut gap, black shoes and .4 mm gap on the clutch bell. He said the .4 mm was the key. Maybe he can elaborate on this. He was definately the fastest guy on the track.
I have been running a .4 gap for a while now. This weekend, I will try modding the flyweights with the setscrews just to see what the difference is. I have noticed that, with the .4 gap, I do not have that much of a window for adjustment. It seems that any adjustments lead to excessive bogging or slip. Hopefully the new flyweights will make a difference and give me more of a sweet spot.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:25 PM   #12389
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some testings...

Quote:
Thanks Julius. I don't have the yellow clutch shoes at the moment. Have you tried setting the flyweight mods with set screws in it? When I get the yellow shoes (if I get it ), I'll try stock flyweight mounting WITHOUT set screw, stock flyweight mounting WITH set screw at the one end, modded flyweights and mounted in between the post WITHOUT set screws and finally modded and mounted in between the post WITH 2 set screws.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:26 PM   #12390
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
Thanks for the info Arun. Like what PSI Racing mentioned, Hudy made a too to extract that pin out. I think you could use your worn out 1.5 or 2 mm allen, a hammer and a vice.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote