Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
It'll be a while, don't seem to have time these days.

Maybe I'll let it go 1st May, otherwise it'll never be on-line!

Once on-line I can go back to rebuilding my tired 710~
Trying to setup my 705 at the moment - doing the tweak and everytime I set the front correctly, the back goes out and vice-versa......it must be the shocks I had just rebuilt them, so I'm not sure why they should keep going off. I setup the tweak perfectly last night and then tonight I tried the tweak again and it was off
Old 04-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Trying to setup my 705 at the moment - doing the tweak and everytime I set the front correctly, the back goes out and vice-versa......it must be the shocks I had just rebuilt them, so I'm not sure why they should keep going off. I setup the tweak perfectly last night and then tonight I tried the tweak again and it was off
I know the feeling Mark but I'm assuming that you're already familiar with the "rest one end on solid block" trick. Hence, the only possible cause for this change here is that your shocks may have bled some pressure overnight and hence the shift in tweak.

Last edited by Sow&Steady; 04-27-2004 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mark (or others), may be you can help......I thought I saw someone posted the picture about how to mod the front shock top pivot ball joint area that will solve the broken shaft problem, by cutting the inside face of the cup by 1mm or so....

Can someone bring that picture back or show me the page of that picture.... THANKS...
Old 04-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Mark (or others), may be you can help......I thought I saw someone posted the picture about how to mod the front shock top pivot ball joint area that will solve the broken shaft problem, by cutting the inside face of the cup by 1mm or so....

Can someone bring that picture back or show me the page of that picture.... THANKS...
This is what you are looking for http://www.daltonshop.com/tips_tricks.htm
Old 04-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Motor

Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, that's a sensitive issue ! More like % nitro at work.

Anyway, I think Rene C gave a report on the Pre-Worlds at Brazil. He mentioned that the engines used by the Japanese (assuming those were RR12L3 Kondo ones) were around the same as what they had.
Ini D. is this motor legal
Novamega SX12 Turbo (Michael Salven Modified)
Novamega SX12 turbo nitro engine.
#MEG2105MCP

Or should i go with the regular turbo engine.

thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Motor

Originally posted by Wap
Ini D. is this motor legal
Novamega SX12 Turbo (Michael Salven Modified)
Novamega SX12 turbo nitro engine.
#MEG2105MCP

Or should i go with the regular turbo engine.

thanks
I just went over to look at the mytsn website. It says that the 2105MCP and the 2105TMS is already discontinued. But if you can get it, both should be legal.

I believe NovaMega has the latest which is the 2106. I think you would be better of going with this one as it is based on the later Novarossi NS12 and RB V12 engine design.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3187

Also, I believe Mark bought this engine too. Pipe combination is also crucial. Most would use the TP06 EFRA (2170) or the Novarossi 52606 EFRA pipe for best compromise on overall powerband.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Motor

I believe NovaMega has the latest which is the 2106. I think you would be better of going with this one as it is based on the later Novarossi NS12 and RB V12 engine design.

That is the engine that I have... haven't run it yet.

I heard that there is already an MS version of the 2106 in the works.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Motor

Originally posted by GlennCauley
I heard that there is already an MS version of the 2106 in the works.
I would think so. I thought that Michael used that prototype 3 port engine in Thailand to race amongst 5 port NovaMax engines ! The performance was not off the mark from the 5 port engines and it stayed pretty close to get 4th placing. Fuel used was all the same and controlled at 25%. Perhaps it was a KHM prototype...

And yes, during the lucky draw at the end of the race, Michael gave away a new prototype engine complete with the TP06 pipe and Centax 3 clutch ! *(%#&(*$^
Old 04-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Eddie M
This is what you are looking for http://www.daltonshop.com/tips_tricks.htm
Eddie...thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for, and I even saved that in my bookmark, stupid me that didn't look at my saved info before hand....thanks again.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

I just went over to look at the mytsn website. It says that the 2105MCP and the 2105TMS is already discontinued. But if you can get it, both should be legal.

Also, I believe Mark bought this engine too. Pipe combination is also crucial. Most would use the TP06 EFRA (2170) or the Novarossi 52606 EFRA pipe for best compromise on overall powerband.
Hey guys, where can i buy this new motor. Please give me the website of a shop that sell the 2106.

thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys

im looking for a good 3port motor that is roar legal, what do you suggest i get? thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I know the feeling Mark but I'm assuming that you're already familiar with the "rest one end on solid block" trick. Hence, the only possible cause for this change here is that your shocks may have bled some pressure overnight and hence the shift in tweak.
Exactly what I thought I give up well, I'll just have to go with this old 710 thing
Old 04-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Your powers have not wained oh Master
Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Engine break-in article in recent RC magazine

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Hi BaxterC,

There are a lot of different opinions as to how to properly break in an engine... almost as many opinions as there are people you ask!

I have tried the slow break-in, idle-through-tanks method, and it resulted in slow engines. I have tried the "break it in the way you will race it" method, and it resulted in very strong, fast engines.

Here is a very good posting about engine break-in:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...WOT#post811370

Idling a new engine through a tank or two is useless and does nothing to break it in. In fact, it is very damaging to the engine since it results in premature piston/sleeve wear because the engine does not get up to operating temperature.

Hope this helps.
hey Glenn thats the same way that i break in my motors and it works , its fast and simple, 1 tank at 1/2 throttle and the 2nd at full throttle then its off to the track to lean it out
Old 04-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: hi guys

Originally posted by Serpent Nut!
im looking for a good 3port motor that is roar legal, what do you suggest i get? thanks
Anything 3 port and TURBO plug are good...for stock engine, try the NOVA MEGA SX12 SS....1.8HP (they claimed)

Or JP, or Nova MAX....Rody Mod V12....etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.