R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2004, 01:47 AM   #9046
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Radio

Hey guys i am thinking of getting a new 3PK but i dont know which one do i want 40mhz HR or PCM whats the difference?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:47 AM   #9047
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Congratulations

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
You should all give yourselves a pat on the back!
Ouch ouch ouch !

Ummm, does this mean that the new kits will have this FAQ printed is glossy paper?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:50 AM   #9048
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Hey guys i am thinking of getting a new 3PK but i dont know which one do i want 40mhz HR or PCM whats the difference?
Apparently, HRS is faster than PCM. Whether you feel it or not is another question !

If you plan to use HRS receiver, then make sure ALL your servos are digital. PCM receiver gives you the flexibility of allowing you to run analog servos as well as digital servos.

Other than that, everything else is the same !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:51 AM   #9049
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Congratulations

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ouch ouch ouch !

Ummm, does this mean that the new kits will have this FAQ printed is glossy paper?
I'd have to buy a new kit - I've heard a lot of good things about this FAQ
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:52 AM   #9050
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'd have to buy a new kit - I've heard a lot of good things about this FAQ
That's one of the best excuses to get a new kit !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:53 AM   #9051
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'd have to buy a new kit - I've heard a lot of good things about this FAQ
Make sure you lot get royalties or at least a free t-shirt!
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:54 AM   #9052
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Apparently, HRS is faster than PCM. Whether you feel it or not is another question !

If you plan to use HRS receiver, then make sure ALL your servos are digital. PCM receiver gives you the flexibility of allowing you to run analog servos as well as digital servos.

Other than that, everything else is the same !
I am using an OLD M8 at the moment which is despratly ineed of an upgrade do you guys recommend this radio?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:55 AM   #9053
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
I am using an OLD M8 at the moment which is desperately ineed of an upgrade do you guys recommend this radio?
Whoops i pressed quote instead of edit sorry
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:57 AM   #9054
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
I am using an OLD M8 at the moment which is despratly ineed of an upgrade do you guys recommend this radio?
What do you mean old M8? It's still one of the better radios out there. The top old dawgs arte still using them. Only lacking is a fail safe which you can get one externally.

If you wanted to upgrade something, I suggest getting better servos.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:00 AM   #9055
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
What do you mean old M8? It's still one of the better radios out there. The top old dawgs arte still using them. Only lacking is a fail safe which you can get one externally.

If you wanted to upgrade something, I suggest getting better servos.
Its old and keeps turning itself off for somereason and there are no airtronic dealers around so by the time i have sent it overseas to get repaired i probably could have bought a new one and i would look at the new M8 but i thought this (3PK) might be better?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:04 AM   #9056
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Its old and keeps turning itself off for somereason and there are no airtronic dealers around so by the time i have sent it overseas to get repaired i probably could have bought a new one and i would look at the new M8 but i thought this (3PK) might be better?
I thought I heard that problem before and it was a very simple solution. Can't remember what it is. Perhaps somebody else can give some input on this...

Anyway, if the M8 is really toast, you may want to consider the KO Helios. I hear somebody got it and is singing praises ! Smallest receiver I've come across. The features are cool too. But the only downside is no built in fail safe.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:08 AM   #9057
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I thought I heard that problem before and it was a very simple solution. Can't remember what it is. Perhaps somebody else can give some input on this...

Anyway, if the M8 is really toast, you may want to consider the KO Helios. I hear somebody got it and is singing praises ! Smallest receiver I've come across. The features are cool too. But the only downside is no built in fail safe.
OK i might do a search before i throw in the towel
Thanks for the advise "D"
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:11 AM   #9058
Tech Initiate
 
Hurricane Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 27
Default Serpent 710 FAQ

Hi all ~

I think the most important thing in the FAQ is in the last 2 pages ~ haha

my question is ... on page 25 , about engine ... what's WOT stand for ?
thanks ~
Hurricane Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:19 AM   #9059
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Serpent 710 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane Sonic
my question is ... on page 25 , about engine ... what's WOT stand for ?
Wide Open Throttle
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:35 AM   #9060
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Serpent 710 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Wide Open Throttle
I am going to do this when my kit arrives, I have a heat gun bought specifically for engine start up... and an engine run in bench... ONLY SERPENT for me thanks... and an engine asking to be started and run... only thing is I need to wait for my 710, for two reasons, I need the mounting screws, and the pipe is with the order.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net