R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2004, 01:24 AM   #7516
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting the

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ah, see what I mean. Speak of the devil himself !
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:27 AM   #7517
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is get

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ah, see what I mean. Speak of the devil himself !


Back to engine maintenance - do you just changes the parts after you've put a certain amount of fuel through or do you only change when a check shows that something is worn?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #7518
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting the

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
The only problem is I taught my wife about RC's, so it's not easy to pull that off.
Ok, I've got nothing to say ! You did it to yourself !

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
She bought my 710 for me for Christmas, and she let me build it before Christmas.
She also bought me a 1/10 gas stadium truck for my birthday last year, and a 1/8 on-road the year before.
Plus I supposed to get a new motorcycle (2004 Yamaha R1) around May.
She'd only get me a new engine if mine is broke.
I just rebuilt it recently, so I don't think it's going to break anytime soon.
Why are you complaining then? I think some of us can only dream about what your wifey buys for you. I think Mark should consult you to get an FAQ about how to convince the other half to buy stuff that you like !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #7519
Tech Fanatic
 
teammpp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 894
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Hey Palmaris, What are the palmaris motors like compared to the Nova NS12S3A1, I have not run my motor yet, I am waiting for my kit to arrive as I have a pipe coming with it.
A totally stock out of box PS12 3-port (EFRA Legal) was on level with a fully loaded 5-port Turbo Max outlaw. That was only the prototype during the first few days break in. Changes have been made since
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:39 AM   #7520
Tech Adept
 
Schrijver99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Near Serpent (grrrr)
Posts: 247
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
Thats not a cheap engine.
you're it's not, but it's a Bad A.. M.....F..... and i only get this beast out on raceday, for training i use my JP RS12 5 ports (wich of course is elegal here for official racing)
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:39 AM   #7521
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is get

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Back to engine maintenance - do you just changes the parts after you've put a certain amount of fuel through or do you only change when a check shows that something is worn?
I do both. You never know when things can happen. So regular check up plus routine maintenance is the key. If for example the conrod still looks OK after a certain mileage when it's time to replace it, don't take chances as it can fail anytime. Better change it.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:42 AM   #7522
Tech Fanatic
 
teammpp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 894
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting the

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Why are you complaining then? I think some of us can only dream about what your wifey buys for you. I think Mark should consult you to get an FAQ about how to convince the other half to buy stuff that you like !
All I get is threats saying if I dont spend more time with her instead of my toys she is going to dump the whole lot in the bin someday
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:45 AM   #7523
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
you're it's not, but it's a Bad A.. M.....F..... and i only get this beast out on raceday, for training i use my JP RS12 5 ports (wich of course is elegal here for official racing)
Ummm, didn't know you guys can run 5 port engines on the track. I thought it was a no no even on non race days to run illegal engines at the club track.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:50 AM   #7524
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting the

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, I've got nothing to say ! You did it to yourself !



Why are you complaining then? I think some of us can only dream about what your wifey buys for you. I think Mark should consult you to get an FAQ about how to convince the other half to buy stuff that you like !
Well, I just try to include her in everything I like to do.
I take her to the track.
I even give her my old cars.
Right now she has my old Impulse Pro.
With the motorcycle thing, I took her out riding, and she was hooked.
I guess the best advice I could give to all the guys out there is to be involved in the stuff your wife likes, and to include her in the stuff you like.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:51 AM   #7525
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 71

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
All I get is threats saying if I dont spend more time with her instead of my toys she is going to dump the whole lot in the bin someday
All I get is, if I don't spend less time with RC, then she's going to dump me. Cool more time for RC!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:51 AM   #7526
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
A totally stock out of box PS12 3-port (EFRA Legal) was on level with a fully loaded 5-port Turbo Max outlaw. That was only the prototype during the first few days break in. Changes have been made since
Lovely, POP me a link if you can please to a website PLEASEEEE
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:52 AM   #7527
Tech Fanatic
 
PSI Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 881
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 71

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
All I get is, if I don't spend less time with RC, then she's going to dump me. Cool more time for RC!!
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:54 AM   #7528
Tech Adept
 
Schrijver99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Near Serpent (grrrr)
Posts: 247
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, didn't know you guys can run 5 port engines on the track. I thought it was a no no even on non race days to run illegal engines at the club track.
No it's only an EFRA rule, so on non race days it's all free except for an 83db rule
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:54 AM   #7529
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting th

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
I guess the best advice I could give to all the guys out there is to be involved in the stuff your wife likes, and to include her in the stuff you like.


Mark, make sure you put this in the Friday FAQ revision !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:57 AM   #7530
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
so on non race days it's all free except for an 83db rule
So how do they check for that? I can run an outlaw pipe that can be pretty loud !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net